Stephen Gutowski Profile picture
Apr 4, 2021 5 tweets 2 min read Read on X
Beeeeeeeeees 🐝
There are 10,000 bees and a queen in each one of these boxes. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Stephen Gutowski

Stephen Gutowski Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @StephenGutowski

May 18
The NRA members meeting is on to the resolution phase. This is where you could see some fireworks as reformers try to get resolutions passed. They're starting with resolutions expressing appreciation of Donald Trump and Greg Abbott.
There's now a resolution to move the NRA's headquarters to Texas. Leadership really wants to do this even though it would have no impact on the New York case. I honestly don't know what significant benefit this would have for the NRA.
A member asks what kind of fiscal impact a move from Virginia to Texas given the severe drop in revenue the NRA has experienced recently. NRA president Cotton claims it would be less expensive to operate in Texas. He says Texas has a lot of big companies, too.
Read 15 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
This isn't a far-fetched defense. One federal court recently found the drug-use prohibition on firearms ownership unconstitutional. What a spectacle it'll be if Hunter Biden ends up setting a new Second Amendment precedent, though.
Here's the case from April where a federal judge found the drug use prohibition unconstitutional: thereload.com/federal-judge-…
Usually, the fight over this prohibition centers around marijuana users but the Texas case was about harder drugs. Hunter Biden wrote in his book he was on other drugs when he bought his gun (potentially lying on the background check, a federal felony). thereload.com/federal-judge-…
Read 5 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
The ATF's pitol-brace ban goes into effect today, likely outlawing millions of guns. But the agency won't be able to enforce the rule against Firearms Policy Coalition, Second Amendment Foundation, or Gun Owners of America members due to new injunctions. thereload.com/third-injuncti…
The NRA is involved in a case as well but they haven't received an injunction yet. FARC v. Garland, which the NRA is a party to, was filed in the Eighth Circuit. It has been fully briefed but there hasn't been a ruling. nraila.org/articles/20230…
All of the injunctions that have been issued against the pistol-brace ban have come from the Fifth Circuit thus far. thereload.com/third-injuncti…
Read 7 tweets
Jun 1, 2023
It seems that once the Fifth Circuit panel issued its clarification on how far its injunction against the pistol-brace band extended, all the other judges in the circuit overseeing similar cases decided to do the same. thereload.com/third-injuncti…
Members of the Firearms Policy Coalition, Second Amendment Foundation, and Gun Owners of America are all exempt from enforcement of the pistol-brace ban as the case against it moves forward. That's a lot of gun owners. thereload.com/third-injuncti…
Read 4 tweets
May 30, 2023
"The guide is heavily influenced by Brady and Everytown, with 20 of the 52 resource links it provides going directly to the gun-control groups’ websites. It does not feature any links to gun-rights organizations."
Brady, in particular, has been actively trying to influence Hollywood productions on gun policy. They often consult on scripts. So does the USC center that put out this new guide. thereload.com/usc-highlights…
Much of the guide focuses on trying to get shows and movies to stop promoting what it calls "myths," which include "the good guy with a gun" and the idea that "guns make us safer." There is also a lot of criticism surrounding how police are depicted. thereload.com/usc-highlights…
Read 5 tweets
Apr 13, 2023
I can't seem to reply to tweets anymore. Is anyone else experiencing this?
I guess it will be hard for people to reply to this tweet and let me know 🤔
Ok. Something weird is going on. I can reply to my own tweets. And some people seem to be able to reply to my tweets. But I can't reply to their replies? I don't know what's going on.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(