Dr. RDB Profile picture
Apr 23, 2021 13 tweets 12 min read Read on X
1)On April 19,2021 faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences @LinfieldUniv pass a VONC against BOT Chair Dave Baca and Miles Davis. On April 20, the entire campus received an email that @SalemNAACP will investigate Linfield for racial amicus.@pollackpelzner @injeffinitely62 ImageImage
2)On April 21, 6 professors receive invitations (from the College of Arts and Sciences) to have a conversation with @SalemNAACP. These six professors have all been vocal in either social media or media about #InstitutionalBetrayals faced by students & faculty at @LinfieldUniv ImageImageImage
3)These 6 profs are disturbed by the lack of transparency& intent behind them being interviewed. They view being targeted &retaliated for speaking up to media about lack of accountability about sexual assault, anti-Semitism, harassment and the Prez and BoT chairs abuse of power.
4) @LinfieldUniv published on April 22 “FACTS ABOUT LINFIELD AND HARASSMENT, DISCRIMINATION AND INTOLERANCE.”
This document notes: “A small but vocal group of faculty from the College of Arts and Sciences maintain that Linfield University is an unsafe place with no training in or oversight of issues such as sexual harassment or assault, religious bigotry and racism. That is untrue.” Image
5) If @LinfieldUniv is a place free of all discrimination and bigotry (according to the FACTS) then 2) why is @SalemNAACP investigating racial amicus on campus? 2) why is this investigation announced a day after the VONC against the President and BOT chair? ImageImageImage
6) In the meantime, the Deans of the three schools and our BOT are actively trying to institute a “institutional code of conduct” to both intimidate, silence and censor students and faculty from critiquing institutional betrayals and wrong doings @AAUP Image
7) The 6 faculty targeted have written a letter to @SalemNAACP While faculty highly respect an organization like NAACP & recommend the intervention of the national @NAACP, it remains unclear to them why they are the only 6 faculty members NAACP is interested in speaking. ImageImageImage
8) It is even more puzzling why @SalemNAACP wants to investigate racial climate when @LinfieldUniv is expecting the results of a climate survey that we were asked to participate in in Feb 2021. Image
9)In the meantime the students & faculty @LinfieldUniv continue to feel dismayed at our BOT’s abdication of fiduciary responsibilities & their insistence that we are all misinformed and misinforming.Such denials,abuse of power& gaslighting only magnifies institutional betrayals.
10) Let’s stand up for truth, accountability and institutional courage along with media like @Oregonian @OPB @newsregister @insidehighered for reporting. Faculty, students and media are not lying. Feeling safe is a basic right on every campus. ImageImageImageImage
11) Students and faculty has been asking for justice for quite some time now. ImageImageImageImage
12) #MeToo SexualAssault #SexualViolence and a large protest organized by @LinfieldUniv students have all be ignored by our BOT. Faculty has voted “no confidence” twice. All have been ignored by our BOT. The abusers remain. The abused continue to be abused. ImageImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr. RDB

Dr. RDB Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Reshmi777

Mar 23, 2022
1) I am deliberately making this post public to expose the level of silencing and intimidation that can emerge from a social media posting @LinfieldUniv. I have received this email today at 6:14 pm from the “Director of HR.”
2) On March 9, 2022 at about 5pm I went to TJ Day Hall where the English Dept is located. I was with a guest speaker who had just presented on campus that day and we saw these two quotes on the whiteboard. I have no idea who wrote these quotes, but I certainly liked them.
3) Later that evening I posted this on Instagram. And yes, these two whiteboards are located by the Business dept office.
Read 20 tweets
May 3, 2021
@LinfieldUniv’s current state on May 2,2021 is full blown authoritarian control. I have also heard from several faculty how campus security entered faculty offices and took down their signs expressing any support for @pollackpelzner and any critique of our administration.
Campus security entered a faculty office and confiscated an entire stack of posters. Here is a sign that was up in support for @pollackpelzner which was taken down by campus security. Apparently they entered every faculty office that had posters.
Students have been cited by campus security for using chalk on pavements to support @pollackpelzner and their critique of our President and BOT chair.
Read 9 tweets
May 1, 2021
<Does he not know what constitutes sexual misconduct? Must LISTEN to the voice recording. Bravo @maxoregonian> University president defends firing of tenured professor, says he has no plans to resign oregonlive.com/education/2021…
1) I am mentioned in the recording and wondering at what point does it become legal for a university President to divulge personnel information to a news reporter without either @pollackpelzner or my permission? Am I missing something about basic employment law here?
2) President Miles Davis YOUR TIME IS UP! You can either honorably resign or your Zoom may freeze in the middle of a conversation and you will get the same message as @pollackpelzner did: “You are no longer employed at Linfield!”
Read 8 tweets
May 1, 2021
Breaking News! A BOT member at @LinfieldUniv has revealed that they are nervous about “today's Board meeting, especially after yesterday's meeting where we were not allowed to talk about "the elephant in the room" and were advised to focus on positivity.”
What is the “elephant in the room?” @pollackpelzner illegal firing +the sexual assault allegations against the current BOT members or the @SalemNAACP’s sloppy report that the Prez himself authorized to play the “race card” to shield himself from the @ADL’s call for resignation?
Let’s not forget, the report alleging the Prez himself by a faculty was fully investigated and substantiated & reported by the @Oregonian @OPB @newsregister @chronicle @nytimes @insidehighered @linfieldreview The question must be asked again, “what is the elephant in the room?”’
Read 9 tweets
May 1, 2021
<Let me point out layers of issues in this lack of data driven report by a local chapter of Salem-Keizer NAACP says Linfield president treated unfairly due to race. I know because only 6 of us - all tenured faculty were contacted by @SalemNAACP opb.org/article/2021/0…
1) @ADL contacted Miles Davis on April 8, 2021 to inquire about anti-semitism on campus and his own anti-Semitic statements to @pollackpelzner
On the same day Miles Davis “contacted the Salem- Keizer NAACP-1166 and shared his concerns regarding allegations of racial animus.”
2) Contrary to what was said to the press earlier that NAACP wanted to investigate “racial animus” we now know that this investigation was specifically asked for by Davis himself.
Read 24 tweets
Apr 30, 2021
I started thinking about putting this book together after @stevesalaita was fired. I never thought that at the brink of the publication of this book my own colleague @pollackpelzner would be illegally fired for simply speaking up and civility will be weaponized against him. Image
The book will be out on May 17th. My co-editor @drkakali is my partner in crime. We are so thankful to the most generous endorsements by @palumboliu @BillMullen @deepakumar, @LoriPattonDavis @TamaraJones Image
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(