1. I was talking politics with my wife tonight and she made a great point. It's obviously horrifying thinking about your son growing up in a world where he can be a studious scholar athlete who...
2. ...graduates from Yale College & Yale Law School, remains a virgin until well after college, raises a wonderful family, rises to become an Appeals Court Judge while promoting & helping men & women of all races along the way, and after all that...
3. ...your son's life can still be left in ruin from a single uncorroborated allegation that flies in the face of his sterling reputation built over 30+ years. All because Democrats decided to throw out due process & reverse 1,000 years of civilized progress...
1/ People who are framing this moment in history as a “test” of #Metoo are missing a number of fundamental points about the nature of the movement itself, its broader societal impact, &, indeed, how the modern GOP reacts to sexual assault.
2/ #MeToo isn’t being tested. It is showing its strength.
So many of us are not only unified in our outrage, we are talking about sexual assault more openly, & w/ more nuance, than ever before.
We are empowering one another.
3/ This isn’t a test of the #MeToo movement. It is the next stage.
If *anything* is being tested here, it is the GOP & its reaction to both the allegations & our outrage, as well as the party’s nefarious relationship w/ the issue of sexual assault.
1) As a survivor of Sexual Assault by a Police Officer who was my StepFather & I was 8 years old, I very much relate to stopping sexual assault, but not the way the perverted #MeToo scam is set up. It's a witch hunt looking for political opponents.
2) Being a survivor of Sexual Assault I naturally am VERY interested in morality & justice. What is going on with Judge Kavanaugh right now is not moral & will not bring Justice. What is going on right now is a high tech lynching using the #FakeNews#MSM as the rope.
3) The #MeToo scam HURTS survivors of sexual assault because it's not designed to STOP sexual assault. It's designed to PUNISH political opponents of fascism & National Socialism. #WalkAway from the Democrats if you care about Sexual Survivors. /End #MAGA@POTUS
"It's amazing these allegations come out of nowhere at the last minute and they weren't brought up earlier in this process. And it's not untypical for our friends on the other side to pull that kind of crap." Orrin Hatch
via @atrupar #BelieveSurvivors
"...another orchestrated, last-minute hit on the nominee, now they're acting like it's a legitimate reason to delay." -- Mitch McConnell
And while you're at it, read this piece from @mattyglesias (who's on a roll), making the simple point that's been on my mind for weeks: conservatives just don't care about sexual assault. That's the only way to explain their behavior. vox.com/2018/9/24/1789…
Listening to the #MeToo special on @TheCurrentCBC and I have some QUESTIONS about Neil Boyd's analysis on the "well, aren't we conflating some bad behaviour things with sexual assault?" (Aziz Ansari was the example used).
The problem isn't that people don't know how to distinguish between different kinds of behaviours across the wide spectrum of what we might call sexual misconduct. The problem is that the mechanisms we have to deal with violence themselves do a poor job of addressing nuance.
We want people to make use of the criminal justice system because we consider it the "correct" way to address sexual violence, but then the same people get mad about the fact that the broadest category in the Canadian Criminal Code includes both groping and rape, for instance.
It doesn't matter if no concrete evidence comes out. If this works, everyone involved will be celebrated as heroes. Harry Reid admitted to lying about Romney's taxes, grunted "It worked, didn't it?" and media laughed and slapped him on the back.
Some people assume this stunt could really blow up in the Dems' faces. There is little reason to think so, no matter what occurs. At worst, the media narrative will be about deeply caring people getting a little overzealous while calling attention to a Very Important Issue.
Even if this all ended with concrete proof Kavanaugh's accusers are lying or one of them admitted it, DNC Media would respond by flooding the zone with hand-wringing pieces about a vicious "backlash" from pouncing Republicans that threatens to damage the noble #MeToo movement.
The saga continues. These new developments (3 decades ago) follow a pattern, not sexual assault, a pattern of lies and abuse by Democrats and their operatives. Step back and look, it’s too obvious, they can’t help themselves, and they’re laying it on too thick and all wrong
When the first thin 36 year old accusation popped up two weeks ago… these “new” 36 year old accusations obviously existed. Right? Absolutely. #MeToo wouldn’t they have piled on right then to lend credibility to Dr Ford?
If that was the motivation they absolutely would have come forward within days of Dr Ford’s public outing. No question.
That’s how #MeToo works.
Personally, I find the institutionalized war against men--whereby family courts prevent men from seeing their own kids based on lies from deranged women--more problematic than whores who regret sex afterwards.
How many men watching Brett Kavanaugh being smeared and falsely accused with the media’s reckless assistance are thinking about new rules in their daily life like never being alone with a woman? Just out of sheer self preservation it sounds better than having your life destroyed.
What’s really treacherous about what the Democrats are doing to Brett Kavanaugh is that they’re weaponizing what was a non-partisan reckoning about assaults + harassment and turning it into a political dirty bomb. They’re stealing goodwill from #MeToo and using it for a scam.
When we look back on this farcical display of vile partisanship it will be remembered with horror not just because a good man and his family were recklessly attacked but because it hurt a movement of real victims whose claims were taken less seriously because of dirty politics.
I have not tweeted one word doubting Ford's story (thought I have certainly mocked and criticized the process to get her to testify) and have been waiting to hear her out. But this Ramirez story reads so insanely fake I can't believe it's being entertained.
I mean, is this a joke. 35 years later she wasn't sure but 35 years plus 6 days later she was?
Everyone she named who would have been there or heard about it categorically denies seeing it happen or ever hearing about it. But then Farrow gets random others to say she's a good person who would never lie and they "cannot imagine her making this up." Start imagining, dude.
MUST WATCH: @keithellison CONFRONTED by Laura Loomer, domestic violence survivors, & Minnesota voters outside of Minnesota Attorney General Debate over multiple domestic violence allegations against him by @KarenMonahan01 & Amy Alexander.
But what makes this all the more pernicious is the Orwellian mindset they’ve adopted of a person being guilty until proven innocent. It turns the entire basis of our legal system, even our society, on its head.
We have always operated under the idea of due process and the presumption innocence. But in this age of sexual McCarthyism, all precedent is out the window.