Jack Mallers Profile picture
Apr 23, 2021 9 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Today we released new Request and Receive functionality within' @ln_strike!

At Strike, we're building the best financial experience and the world's first truly global and open checking account.

Request P2P, cross-border payments, and native #Bitcoin all in one feature👇💃
When clicking Request, users are now able to specify another Strike user and specify the amount they'd like to request.

Here I request:

- @mrfelton in Spain
- @crypteauu in Chicago
- @RomanMartinezC in El Salvador.

Different countries. Different currencies.

Doesn't matter.
Pending requests will be available on your home screen.

Here I have some pending requests from:

- @crypteauu in Chicago using USD
- @mrfelton in Spain for EUR
- @ottosuess in Brazil using Brazilian Reel
- @RomanMartinezC in El Salvador
I just completed one local P2P payment and three cross-border payments to different countries with different currencies. It's that easy.

Mainstream UX that abstracts the #Bitcoin magic happening under the hood.

Cross border payments are now P2P and will never be the same!🚀🌚
Wait, that’s not all.

Users can also generate Requests that aren't for a specific Strike user that anyone in the world can pay.

When clicking the #Bitcoin icon, Strike generates a Bitcoin/Lightning Network invoice that any Bitcoin and/or Lightning Network wallet can pay.
Here my friend texted me a Strike #Bitcoin request that I paid with @MuunWallet.

I could’ve paid it with @CashApp, @coinbase, or any Bitcoin/Lightning wallet.

My friend got $50. I used a free, global, wallet and #Bitcoin to pay it 🤯

Open monetary network interoperability!
Lastly, if you create a request that you’d like to have someone pay in person or that you’d like to pay yourself, you can simply tap the QR code.

Here I created a $5 request and paid it from my @MuunWallet.

Simple and smooth.
Building the tools that enables everyone on the planet to remain interoperable with #Bitcoin.

A bank account in your pocket that is natively interoperable with the best open monetary network in human history 🚀🌚😃🔥

Update Strike and give it a spin!
Oops, here is the demo!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jack Mallers

Jack Mallers Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jackmallers

Mar 7
#Bitcoin 101: Satoshi's Innovation

Understanding why and how Satoshi Nakamoto used proof of work to crack the code that unlocked the best money in human history.

Gold is stuck in the ground, #Bitcoin is stuck in the future.

My keynote presentation at @BitcoinAtlantis:
Unfortunately, the beginning of the keynote is a little messed up. My slides weren't formatted correctly and there are tons of shots of the faces of the crowd which I do not support. I've done my best to blur the crowd in these edited clips. I believe the conference is working on a version of its own that addresses these issues.

The most important piece that got cut from the intro of my keynote was my tribute to @dergigi.

I consider Gigi a genius. This presentation is an extension of his work.

You can find his work here: dergigi.com
A request by popular demand:

For those looking to share the keynote with others who don't appreciate an enthusiastic F-bomb, here is the presentation with all of my curse words bleeped out.

Fun fact, I dropped 12 F-bombs in this keynote 🤣😭😩
Read 4 tweets
Jan 2
I no longer own any US dollars. Not even a penny.

As an American millennial, I love our country but I oppose our money.

I'm all in on #Bitcoin. Setting my sails toward prosperity or going down with the ship.

I believe it's important to take a stance now more than ever 🫡 Image
In 1971 the US abandoned the Gold Standard and assigned itself as the world reserve currency issuer.

It's been a post-industrial economic wasteland ever since.

The money printing has created hyper-financialization, hyper-asset inflation, and a disgruntled population.
As the US devalues its currency, its citizens are forced to use assets to store their wealth such as real estate and stocks

This drives the prices of these assets up, also known as asset inflation

The result? A massive wealth gap. Printing money makes those who own assets richer, and those who can't afford them poorer.Image
Read 11 tweets
Oct 25, 2023
I lost another friend this week. 28 years old. Substance abuse.

Unfortunately, this is a growing trend. It is not uncommon anymore to get that phone call about a childhood friend.

There is a known shared pain amongst my age group. You can feel it.

I fear for my generation.
Everyone seems to be depressed, sick, in debt, and in pain.

A generation born into skyrocketing divorce rates & child-per-women crashing.

A generation told to take 6-figures of debt for education.

A generation told not to eat whole foods while obesity rates skyrocket.

All the while, our government and Central Bank won't acknowledge these issues. They claim they're not real or under control.

Pathetic.

The desire to remain in power is greater than the desire to protect and progress our species.

We sense that. Trust in the system is breaking.
Read 4 tweets
Mar 13, 2023
We're watching the banking system of the United States collapse on itself in real-time

The Federal Reserve may have broken the US banking system and tarnished its credibility

Are we entering a new era for US banking?

Will the world now truly appreciate Satoshi and #Bitcoin?
In 2008, bank portfolios were riddled with bad credit.

Same problem this time? Nope.

This time bank portfolios are riddled with long duration bonds like US Treasuries and Mortgage Backed Securities.

Wait... what?

We were told those were "risk-free"?

What's the problem?
In 2020 the Fed began the great COVID-monetary-expansion at the lowest interest rates in 5,000 years

Free access to unlimited money for all

The result?

Huge rise in deposits & loans for banks

What did banks do with all the cash?

Risk-free long duration bonds!

Right, Jerome?
Read 17 tweets
Feb 21, 2023
The Bitcoin Network (often shortened to #Bitcoin, or simply BTC) is the central banking system of the Internet (or internet).
It was created on January 3rd, 2009, when Satoshi Nakamoto mined the first Bitcoin block, after a series of financial panics led to the desire for a distributed monetary system in order to alleviate financial crises, improve financial inclusion, and enhance human freedoms.
Over the years, events such as the Global Financial Crisis in 2008, hyperinflation in emerging markets, tyrannical monetary oversight from authoritarian regimes, and the Covid Inflation in the 2020s have led to the expansion of the value and use of the Bitcoin Network.
Read 5 tweets
Feb 14, 2023
The @Strike Sending API Documentation is now public!

Businesses and developers can now use the Strike API to send US Dollars over the Lightning Network

Cheaper, faster, global, superior payment experiences on the world's open monetary network

#Bitcoin

docs.strike.me/walkthrough/se…
Businesses and developers can now send US Dollars over the Lightning Network in the same way they do today with legacy payment networks such as SWIFT, ACH, Visa, and more.

A new, cheaper, faster, open, global payments network for payments of any size, to anywhere, by anyone.
This doesn't use stablecoins.

You're holding, spending, and using US Dollars.

Businesses that send Dollars over the Visa network by issuing Visa cards can now send Dollars over the Lightning Network with the Strike API.

Sending Dollars over a payments network.

That simple.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(