Āḍi Śloka Profile picture
Apr 29, 2021 8 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Mahārṣi Vālmīki was not only the first poet, he was also the first astronomer, &
due to his extraordinary astronomical observations, it is possible to pinpoint the exact dates he gave.

His study of planetary configurations has stood the test of time,

#Thread Image
& the latest computer software corroborates his calculations.

He gave Dasaratha’s (Śrī Rāma's father) zodiac sign as Pisces & his star as Revathi.

Śrī Rāma left for his exile at one of the conjunctions of these stars.

Modern calculations reveal that this configuration Image
took place Jan 5, 5089 BCE, at which time Rama was 25 years old, according to Valmiki.

He also mentioned a Solar eclipse that took place at the time of Rama’s fight with the asuras Khara & Dhushana.

He noted that it was amavasya, or the night of the new moon,
& Mars was flanked by Venus on one side and Mercury on the other.

When this data was inserted into the software, it came up with Oct 7, 5077 BCE.

By following other planetary configurations as mentioned by Valmiki, we can see that Ravana was killed on Dec 4, 5076 BCE. Image
Śrī Rāma completed his exile on Jan 2, 5075 in the bright phase of the moon (shukla paksha) in the month of Chaitra (April/May),
which was the month of his birth,
&
returned to Ayodhya at the age of thirty-nine.

There are 23 main places on the Indian subcontinent with Image
memorials commemorating events of Śrī Rāma's life as He passed through them.

All of Hindu India & many parts of Southeast Asia believe in the historicity of Śrī Rāma & Śrī Krishna, & most of the festivals in India revolve around events in the lives of these great avatāras. ImageImage
They are the Life force flowing through the Collective Consciousness of India & Knitting its diversity into a united country.

Conclusion :

We don't need the astronomical calculations to prove a point but then it goes on to emphatically establish that
nothing can ever come close to Sanātana Dhārma Spiritually & Scientifically.

On the face of 1000+ years & on-going Onslaught,
Spirituality is what has been Paramount, binds Us & ensured the continuity of Sanātana Dhārma.

॥ॐ॥ Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Āḍi Śloka

Āḍi Śloka Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @AdiShloka

Nov 22, 2023
Manki learns a Lesson:
In the Mokṣa-parva of the Mahābhārata, Bhishma pitamah narrates an insightful kathā of a person called Manki.
Manki was a merchant whose only wealth was a bullock cart and two bullocks.
Once, while traveling to the market with his cart heavily laden
🧵 Image
with grains, Manki started daydreaming. He dreamt that he had become vry wealthy with all the profit from selling the grains.
Then he dreamt that he had become a village chieftain; then he dreamt of owning an army; then of bcoming a vassal & so on.
Thus his imagination ran riot.
Ultimately, his dream took him up to emperorship even though his possessions were only the bullock cart and the two bulls. Preoccupied with his fantastic dream, Manki failed to notice a huge camel lying in the middle of the road. When the cart hit the camel, the camel stood up.
Read 10 tweets
Oct 28, 2023
Leaving everything & going for the great forest from his father's home, Ṛṣi Shukadeva (son of Veda Vyasa) rightly said:
"He who achieves all that he wishes & he who just gives up all his wishes - who is better? Giving up is better than achieving all wishes."
🧵 Image
Nobody has ever reached the end of all desires. A fool is he whose desire for his body and life always increases.
O my desirous mind!
Abstain from all desires. Obtain peace by becoming detached.
You have been cheated many times & still, you are not detached from desires.
O mind, greedy for wealth! If you do not want to destroy me & if you want to live happily with me, do not unnecessarily unite me with greed.
The wealth that you preserved, again & again, was lost again & again. O fool, lusting after wealth!
When will you give up the desire for
Read 11 tweets
Oct 9, 2023
The mind has lost its power to discriminate; it has become a devout servant to the ego & the senses and is constantly running behind pursuits to satisfy its sensory cravings.
Śrī Kṛṣṇa bhagavān says,
मोघं पार्थ स जीवति।
such a life becomes meaningless, vain, empty, useless.
🧵 Image
We are all searching for meaning & fulfillment in life.
Here bhagavān says that if we break this cycle, life becomes meaningless.
It is sheer selfishness born of ignorance to think one can lead an independent life.
No one can do that. The entire cosmos is interlinked.
Everyone must do their part of service; we must do whatever dharma is given to us.
Our body itself is made for this dharma.
When it takes part in this dharma, the entire system becomes harmonious.
Every cell vibrates in harmony, so much so that a divine orchestra
Read 7 tweets
Sep 27, 2023
🧵Go to a village, observe the farmer working from the morning onwards till late in the evening.
He comes home, takes a bath, has his dinner,
& thereafter he takes his drum and the singing & dancing of the village folks goes on until midnight.
#आत्मचिंतनĀŚ
Smiling & laughing, he is hale and hearty, he is not at all tired.
Being scientifically minded, let us analyse how much energy that you and I in the secretariat spend as against the farmer in his field.
When analysed, we meet with an amazing contradiction!
Take an individual who is working in the secretariat.
Early in the morning he gets up at six o’clock, and then what happens?
He says “as soon as I get up, I am worried because my tea was not given in time.
After the tea, Swamiji, I went and took my bath and washed myself,
Read 27 tweets
Sep 23, 2023
#ŚrīRamanaMahaṛṣi
The question as to whether we are mere puppets in the hands of destiny or whether we can conquer destiny by our self-effort, has been tormenting mankind since time immemorial.
Self-effort & destiny are factual when considered from the point of view of the
1/4 Image
individual ego.
When the illusory nature of the ego is realized, the question regarding self-effort vs destiny will vanish & the pure, ever free existence will reveal itself.
Prārabdha is destiny.
Āgāmi & Sānchita are self-effort.
The body is in the realm of destiny; the mind is
is in the plane of self-effort.
Self-effort will change into destiny, and destiny will also affect self-effort.
This is perplexing, isn't it?
This is the problem if questions are asked within the realm of Māya, which is itself illogical.
Read 4 tweets
Sep 19, 2023
We strive all our life to reform ourselves, to end all conflicting chapters & to begin a new chapter in life where one is free & peaceful.
This is the dream of all - 'When will that day come when my life is free of problems & my struggles are all over?'
1/6 Image
We expect this to happen at some point in the future, but it must happen now, here, Iha.
The Upaniṣad urges us, "If you know it HERE, you have won over life. If you fail to recognise it NOW, eternity will be lost."
Thus, HERE & NOW are highly potent words.
End creation, end all movements, end all involvements, end the movement of 'I' within - HERE, you find peace.
Let the mind become quiet HERE.
Let the activities go on outside while you abide in the state of no-action - Naishkarmya sthiti.
The actions are not yours.
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(