I'm researching inherited trauma. ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I've read accounts from the 1840s and 50s. The living conditions never changed despite reassurances from despots, employers referred to as "masters," and the bureaucrats who relayed their assurances. Residents are referred to as "inmates."

aanhsorg.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/ayrshi…
My great great grandfather, Patrick, left in 1886. His family joined him in Chicago the following year. My great great great grandfather and grandmother were casualties of the famine. I lose the record in Ayr and harbor no curiosity to learn more . . .
They must have kicked up quite a row, because there's a surprising amount written about a remote immigrant people who were all but human captives in their work, and at home.

theses.gla.ac.uk/2112/1/1977wil…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Keith M. Judge is not on the bird app

Keith M. Judge is not on the bird app Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @optimist_press

Jun 5, 2023
@AryaTheOpossum @JoshuaPHilll What you're describing is a thought experiment; not a realistic, logical or morally upright understanding of the world. Your phone is probably built by human captives, many of whom kill themselves due to the conditions they endure. You simply prefer to not know about it.
@AryaTheOpossum @JoshuaPHilll That's the reality that undergirds the fiction you've swallowed whole. You want to ride the ride while remaining ignorant to the flesh, blood and shit it grinds to dust. The story you tell yourself is no different than the stories members of cults tell themselves all the time.
@AryaTheOpossum @JoshuaPHilll These machines are owned by a corporation, and when you buy into their propaganda, you are then owned by a corporation.
Read 8 tweets
May 25, 2023
@ChrisMurphyCT Honestly, @ChrisMurphyCT . . . @POTUS, the @GOP and @TheDemocrats can all get fucked and go straight to Hell. This is posturing prior to the gutting of what remains of the social safety net, based on the pretense of saving a transparently corrupt system.

@ChrisMurphyCT @POTUS @GOP @TheDemocrats @ChrisMurphyCT, collectively, America's politicians are destroying this country, and they're doing it at the behest of a handful of rich families. You will all die with this shame if you're capable of comprehending it.
@ChrisMurphyCT @POTUS @GOP @TheDemocrats @ChrisMurphyCT, I don't believe any of you politicians fully understand what is at stake; you're all ensconced in your naval gazing bubbles. I wish I could shake you out of your collective stupor, but I have little power and will settle on gardening while there is still time.
Read 9 tweets
May 18, 2023
@Thom_Hartmann Alexander Hamilton! 🤣🤣🤣 The guy who wanted governors to be appointed, to separate the legislature from the people with a group of "electors" and for the president to serve for life like a monarch? The guy who's responsible for introducing central banking to the United States?
@Thom_Hartmann Hamilton most likely wanted the Supreme Court's "independent spirit" to be independent from the people!
@Thom_Hartmann I thought my generation was badly served by our history classes, but at least we eventually sniffed out the deceit between the lines. You hail from an era when people bought the con - hook, line and sinker - for life, apparently, @Thom_Hartmann.
Read 6 tweets
May 8, 2023
@CarlNyberg312 @WarOnDumb @BebopOtt @DougJones It's a one-two step. Those in positions of authority know they wield institutional power and a significant portion of voters react measurably to suggestion. @GOP swerves right, then @TheDemocrats follow. The same people are bankrolling both parties. That's the lesson behind SBF.
@CarlNyberg312 @WarOnDumb @BebopOtt @DougJones @GOP @TheDemocrats Why the fuck is Trump allowed to run for office? The farce is reality.
@CarlNyberg312 @WarOnDumb @BebopOtt @DougJones @GOP @TheDemocrats Are we supposed to duke it out at the ballot box with the supporters of a bigoted, pederast rapist game show host and son of a KKK slumlord who grovels at the feet of dictators and attempted a coup? C'mon, @TheDemocrats! Are you fucking serious? What gives?
Read 5 tweets
May 5, 2023
"This was Jordan Neely, a hungry New Yorker choked to death by a grinning Marine who is being celebrated as a hero by NYPD and press. His offense? 'Aggressive speech', throwing his jacket on the ground and asking for food and water." inquirer.com/opinion/jordan…
"the New York medical examiner stated what was clear to anyone who watched the video: Neeley’s death was a homicide. And yet the cops of Mayor Eric Adams’ 'tough-on-crime' New York City questioned Neely’s killer and then allowed him to go home and sleep in his own bed."
"There are many, many layers to the murder — yes, murder because I’m not sure what else to call the strangulation homicide of a nonviolent human being — of Jordan Neely."
Read 14 tweets
May 5, 2023
"Yet another social media account tweeted as purported proof a screenshot of a photo caption in the Daily Mail tabloid that many referred to 'Penny' by name as the man 'restraining Jordan Neely.'"

newsone.com/4575202/daniel…
"Friday marked the start of the fourth day that Neely’s killer remained a free man . . . That timing likely has allowed him the privilege of being able to scrub his social media accounts and any other digital footprint he may have left behind."
"He has also reportedly retained the legal services of a high-profile attorney, according to the New York Post, suggesting he’s prepared in case authorities try to arrest him again and charge him with a crime."
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(