Jen Fifield Profile picture
May 14, 2021 20 tweets 7 min read Read on X
So. AZ audit packs up for the week. Workers have gone home. But two in orange shirts remain, talking to Cyber Ninjas' attorney Bryan Blehm.

Why do they have special access. I'm 👀.

(Please don't respond to this tweet naming people, that's not my intention. But this is curious.)
Hugs goodbye as they leave. One observer walks out with Blehm. #azauditpool
Cyber Ninjas CEO Doug Logan remains with some Wake Tech employees.
Truck lights flashing.

In the middle of a recount, packing computers and tally sheets with the recount results into a truck while observers and journalists are not there.

I may not go to bed tonight. #azauditpool
If anyone wants to join me in watching, you can watch here: azaudit.org.

I do need to be at the coliseum by 8 am and still need to shower so probably need to sleep at some point.
I'm most interested in camera 8 right now. The yellow papers are tally sheets. I can't tell if they are filled out or not. I'm interested to see what they do with them.
They are putting laptops in that open box. Is that a safe? (anyone know?)

(Note: Not trying to say anything is nefarious here, just making notes so we have them.) #azauditpool

Also to clarify: I'm not an official pool reporter right now. I don't believe there is one.
Update on the yellow tally sheets. It appears that's the table where they print them.

Why I think this: Those are printers, and I saw person take off the table a partially opened stack of blank yellow pages.

So thinking they are blank tally sheets, not filled out.
Update from one of the loading dock areas. There is a pigeon (next to the white chair). And the fan is still on @Garrett_Archer #azauditpool
I'm now focused on Cameras 6&9, which give the best view of the giant black box in the middle of the room. This the server where they are keeping all of the data.

Just want to see if that goes on a truck tonight.
I'm gonna take a break. Can someone screenshot for me if they roll that server outta there?
Before I step away, some info:

They are packing up tonight because they are taking a break counting for about a week as graduations take place in the coliseum.

There are many questions still about how they are securing the ballots & data during the break.
I am not sure whether they told anyone they would be packing tonight. I do know I am going to be there at 8 a.m. as the reporter on pool duty - wondering now if there will be anything left to pack when I get there.
I'm watching again. Specifically on Camera 8. The two black boxes in the middle. They have laptops that came from the tables where the counters enter results. I want to see where they go.
Actually camera 5 is a better view. The box that's still open on the bottom middle is the one I'm watching specifically since I can't watch them all at once and I saw multiple laptops loaded in that one.
They are wheeling the black boxes onto a lift (visible on camera 7) but I can't see what the lift is connected to.
Alright, I've gotta wake up in 6 hours.

If anyone is still watching... I'm focused on where those black boxes in camera 5 go, and whether they leave all of the ballots in the cages & the giant black server there until the morning.

I'll sign back on around 8 a.m.
#azauditpool
Ugh I'm still here cuz I can't quit this.

They just loaded the box with the computers from the results table onto the lift. I believe the lift (camera 7) is attached to the back of a truck. From camera 2 you can see what appears to be the truck.
Really going to sleep now. Just to clarify. I’ve been at home this whole time watching on azaudit.org. If anyone sees the thing we think is a truck in the far view of camera 2 drive away let me know.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jen Fifield

Jen Fifield Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JenAFifield

Jun 27
On Walter Ringfield Jr., arrested for stealing the election security key.

- He was not a Senate employee/was not interning for a certain Senator that he told a security guard he was there to see, according to Dem Senate spokesperson. That senator says he does not know him.

- He WAS the same person who filed a statement of interest to run for Senate as a Democrat, even though he was not qualified and registered unaffiliated. Earlier info from Recorder was incorrect.

- He was registered Democrat for a week back in Sept. 2016, otherwise unaffiliated.
- DPS said yesterday to check back today about an update as to their investigation.

- He had a status conference at 8:30 today in Maricopa court. An evidentiary hearing is scheduled for tomorrow.
Read 5 tweets
Aug 30, 2023
You may have seen my post Monday about the Iowa man sentenced to prison for threatening two AZ election officials.

That man will stick with me for a while. His story gave me a deep understanding of how we ALL got here (& where we are going).

So I want to tell you, too🧵
First, though, please read this about his victims.

Maricopa County Supervisors Chairman Clint Hickman told the judge an emotional story about what the threats have done to him and his family.

Most important to me was capturing all of that, here: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/8/29/2385…
Now onto Mark Rissi, the Iowa man.

[(filing) means I got it from a court filing, (judge) means he/his lawyer told it to the judge. I’ll try to make this as quick I can.]

Weeks before he first threatened Hickman, he was with his mom in hospice… (judge)
Read 10 tweets
Jul 28, 2023
Still seeing claims that the main cause of Election Day problems in Maricopa County was shrunken ballot images (some claiming the county did this purposefully).

Once again, that is not possible..
Why? It takes a bit to explain so follow me. Ballot tabulators (the machines that scan your ballots to count your votes) are very sensitive. Even errant marks cause the tabulators to be rejected.

The image has to be perfect on the page for the tabulator to read it...
The solid rectangles on the sides of the ballot that tell the tabulators where the bubbles are for the contests so they can know what candidate you chose. If those marks are not in the precise location, straight on the paper, the tabulator rejects it. Image
Read 10 tweets
Jul 27, 2023
There's a dispute that's been happening behind the scenes about Maricopa County's Election Day problems that I've been watching unfold for months.

Now that I have all sides of the story, I'm ready to tell it. 👇👇👇
Maricopa County has maintained that there was nothing that should have signaled some of its ballot printers would fail on Election Day in Nov, causing widespread problems.

But the company that made the printers say the risk was clear.

A 🧵, and story: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/7/27/2381…
🚨CAUTION: This thread is only for people who really want to go DEEP, like... into printer manuals.

Let's go back to Nov. I was looking into what happened & found this in printer manual:

"For duplex printing: Paper weight 60 to 120 g/m2"

That's up to 80 lb. County's was 100 lb Image
Read 10 tweets
May 17, 2023
Watch the Kari Lake trial, starting here, search "Lake" or "Hobbs" and click on the eyeball.

superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/calendar/today/

Here's what you need to know about why this is happening: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/5/17/2372…
Lake's attorney is giving opening. He doubles down on claim that the county workers didn't verify voter signatures on mail-in ballots at all.

Showing a video he says shows worker moving too quickly to check sigs - but in doing that is acknowledging that this activity happened.
Lake's attorney is emphasizing that workers had in-depth training on how to verify signatures. But "simply clicking through the computer screen like a woodpecker" isn't verifying signatures.

But will judge consider HOW it was done? He asked them to prove they didn't do it AT ALL
Read 16 tweets
May 16, 2023
Kari Lake is granted trial, starting Wednesday.

Her claim, according to the judge, is that the higher-level employees reviewing voter signatures on mail-in ballots conducted no signature verification at all. He tells her to prove it with evidence & prove she lost because of it. Image
Her briefings so far have acknowledged that hundreds of ballots were rejected for bad signatures.

The number of early ballots rejected for “bad” voter signatures more than doubled for the midterm, my analysis here found: arizona.votebeat.org/2023/3/30/2366…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(