Scarborough views
A look off
Magic hour at the old water treatment plant. πŸš΄πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
A beach
A city - in spite of itself.
Corner Stanford & King. This space (nee a Shoppers) was once the legendary Industry nightclub. Closed 20 years. A pan-scene & sexuality club. Much went on here. Then β€œfar out” geographically.
Earlier. The rise above bluffers. Excellent place to watch a moon rise in mid summer. Strange landscape here. Used to be a dump in places I’ve been told. Undulating. Spooky ground. Good views. Behind the spooky seminary.
The end of Chine Drive in Scarborough. Waterfront trail is a bit choppy here - dumps riders on Kingston Rd. Real forest roller coaster here tho riding down. Like that Ewok planet in the Star Trek.
Very fine night for a long ride out to Chine Drive. πŸš΄πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸš΄πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈπŸ‘ŒπŸΌ strava.app.link/EzXmB1Mhngb

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with Shawn Micallef πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ

Shawn Micallef πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€βš§οΈ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @shawnmicallef

Feb 9, 2023
College streetcar & Dufferin bus both 15+ mins away. If you need to be on time anywhere in the west, you won’t. The mayor & his yahoos don’t take the bus or streetcar.
Tory Toronto’s decline is profound
Lady tells me tells me this is the 3rd not in service Dufferin Bus to pass the stop. Fuck this city. No buses. No streetcar. Only suckers take transit in this city.
Read 5 tweets
Feb 8, 2023
Tory's housing guy in the beaches doing god's work w the rest of them.
Carroll? Has moved firmly into the Tory fold.
YIMBY's need to question their blanket support for guy
Read 6 tweets
Feb 8, 2023
Low staffing is policy, not act of nature. This is torysim.
the police budget went up $50 million, just like that....
I was hoping the new councillors would not default into the old progressive ways of never pushing staff. we'll see...
Read 4 tweets
Feb 8, 2023
Farewell tour for Skinny Puppy just announced. Another band I somehow missed seeing back in the day. That will be corrected this April. consequence.net/2023/02/skinny…
No Detroit show. Odd.
I had this poster up in my room in high school. Mom thought it a bit weird.
Read 5 tweets
Jan 26, 2023
Is it going to pull the subway and streetcars?

( "Horse-drawn streetcar on Spadina Avenue in 1890.)
I'm doing damp january - nothing during the week - but man this is putting it to the test.
Read 15 tweets
Jan 26, 2023
Calling out the mayor - but importantly, calling out crappy TTC comms. Govt by comms has its limits. If there was a respectful tradition on the TTC, giving people all info, vs spin and/or silence, people would understand snow delays or injuries. reddit.com/r/TTC/comments…
Same with @VIA_Rail in December. Awful comms poured gasoline on a problem.

Need a real reckoning and reset of gov't comms, these agencies. Trust is in the dumpster and it's self-inflicted.
Like w via rail it was front line folk who won people over the eve I was in Union Station. Not corporate comms. Here corporate comms will snuff out the most honest comms that has come out of the TTC in a while. These official accounts are trust evaporators.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(