2/ Overnight numbers
3/ It has been more than a month since $ARKF saw any inflows
4/ $ARKQ is in big trouble
5/ So is $ARKW

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with TC

TC Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TESLAcharts

Aug 16, 2021
1/ I certainly hope the NHTSA's new investigation is a turning point, my skepticism comes from a long history.

Consider: Joshua Brown was decapitated while using Autopilot in early May of 2016. Tesla raised equity a few weeks later without disclosing this fact. $TSLAQ
2/ Goldman Sachs led that raise - having magically upgraded Tesla that very morning. The SEC opened an investigation into both Tesla and Goldman on the entire affair. The NHTSA dutifully opened an investigation into the Brown crash.
3/ The SEC quietly issued a no-action letter long after the controversy settled down. The NHTSA did one better: they effectively exonerated Tesla and claimed data showed Autopilot was 40% safer than a human driver.
Read 9 tweets
Aug 10, 2021
1/ A thread on the SolarCity trial transcripts. Due to the tireless work of @PlainSite, ten volumes worth of testimony are freely available to the public on his website. Having read them, I can confirm the outstanding in-person reporting of @Teslaq_snark. $TSLAQ
2/ I wrote a thread two weeks ago with some preliminary thoughts. Take a few minutes to read it if you missed it. At its core, SolarCity was a financing company wrapped in a stock promotion scheme. I won’t repeat the key aspects of that thread here.

3/ After reading the entire case, I have little doubt SolarCity would have filed for bankruptcy absent the bailout orchestrated by Elon using Tesla’s equity as currency. SolarCity’s bankruptcy would have been the end of Elon’s empire. When cornered, he cheated, and it worked.
Read 29 tweets
Aug 8, 2021
1/ Some thoughts on the cost of labor, vaccine status, etc. But before I do, this isn’t a thread about vaccines pro or con, whether people should get them, or whether the government has the power to force it, etc. I and my entire family chose to be fully vaccinated. You do you.
2/ There’s a shortage of labor in the country. There’s pressure on wages. There’s also a large number of adults who won’t ever get a vaccine, for whatever reason. Doesn’t really matter. It’s undeniable that they exist and it’s a sizable number.
3/ There’s also a proportion of the population who don’t yet have access to a vaccine, although one would presume the subset of people who actually want a vaccine and haven’t yet received their jabs shrinks with each passing day.
Read 7 tweets
Jul 28, 2021
1/ As I work my way through the SolarCity transcripts, I think it is pretty clear what happened here and why. Some thoughts. $TSLAQ
2/ At its core, SolarCity wasn't really a solar company. It was a financing company wrapped in an aggressive stock promote. The heart of the business was sourcing and installing solar in exchange for power purchase agreements (PPAs) and tax credits which could be securitized.
3/ When I say SolarCity wasn't really a solar company, what I mean is they didn't make solar panels or solar inverters. They sourced these things from the market and acted as a financing intermediary with and installer for (mostly) residential customers.
Read 18 tweets
Jul 27, 2021
1/ Please read these four pages of testimony from Kimbal Musk, which I will post in order.

$TSLAQ Image
2/ Image
3/ Image
Read 4 tweets
Apr 6, 2021
1/ With EV competition arriving en masse in 2021 and Tesla's FSD scam unraveling for everybody to see, there's only one move left: $TSLA will merge with SpaceX. The man needs a new narrative, and this is the last trick.

H/T @AlderLaneeggs for hammering this idea since forever.
2/ The main stated synergy will be that, somehow, SpaceX's Starlink enables Tesla to finally solve FSD. Data!! Next generation internet!! 5G!! 6G!! He'll achieve Level 6 autonomy!! Yada yada yada. $TSLA
3/ A magician needs his distractions, and the orgy of fees the deal will generate means every analyst on the street will go bananas. Think Ives and Jonas write stupid stuff now? Wait until there's a few hundred million to slosh around. $TSLA
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(