Ada Powers //☁️ @powe.rs Profile picture
May 23, 2021 9 tweets 8 min read Read on X
@theavalkyrie oh gosh. oh geez
@theavalkyrie Utopian/Dystopian by Sudtipos. Especially the former, which I modified for the @PostTechRadio logo.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio Gotham has obviously been around forever, but there's something just so... special about it, especially at its Ultra weight. Proxima Nova gets close, but can't quite replace it.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio Neutra is what people *really* want when they think they want Futura. It's beautiful in all its many weights and styles, and Neutra Display feels itself even harder. Neutra Text 2 tries to be less idiosyncratic, but in the process becomes Just Another Geo Sans, imho.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio I haven't had occasion yet to use Blazeface by Ohno, but it's indescribably beautiful. I'm actually thinking of getting a tattoo set in it.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio Prelude (Font Bureau) doesn't look *that* special in a font list, but it had a surprising amount of character compared to contemporaries during its heyday... as the UI font for the Palm Pre.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio You might know Atlas Grotesk as one of the things that makes Dropbox Paper feel so special as a text editor. It's clean, inviting, with just the smallest hint of character.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio If there's a font that could truly take on Gotham, it's Galano Grotesque, which I learned about from a tweet by @misaac85.
@theavalkyrie @PostTechRadio @misaac85 And finally (until I inevitably think of more), ITC Souvenir is very near and dear to my heart—both from the Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid, as well as my appreciation of its unique letterforms as an adult. My CV is set in a combination of Neutra and Souvenir.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ada Powers //☁️ @powe.rs

Ada Powers //☁️ @powe.rs Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @unknownmetric

Jul 17, 2022
what. in the world. is happening here Tweet from Matt Gray (@matt_gray_):  Chrome is used by 3.2 bTweet from Rob Lennon (@thatroblennon):  Google Docs is usedTweet from UpSkillYourLife:  1 billion people use Google DriTweet from Zaafir | Ghostwriter (@zaafirsalam):  2.2 billion
oh hey numbers. been a minute
Read 4 tweets
Jul 17, 2022
is anyone else suddenly seeing a bunch of “top X ways to Y better” threads from the same style of generic tech/startup influencer dude? did they all just get back from influencer camp? is it vampire rules, is there a head influencer we need to take down
okay seriously what’s going on here Tweet from Matt Gray (@matt_gray):  Chrome is used by 3.2 biTweet from Rob Lennon (@thatroblennon):  Google Docs is used
what. is happening Tweet from @bmalcolm21: 10 financial habits that will changeTweet from Philosophy Of Life (@PhilOfLife_): 10 PsychologicTweet from Daily Wisdom (@MonkPhilosophy): 10 movies that wi
Read 5 tweets
May 31, 2022
unrelated to podcast tweet: I’d like to start considering game streaming more seriously!
1. Are there games you’d be into watching me play? It’s surprising how many I’ve never touched.
2. I think I’m at my best with banter partners! Anyone down to ride shotgun on said streams?
I never had a PS2, and last night I PCSX2’d Devil May Cry for the very first time and it’s a trip. Also, I’ve been saving Hades for a special occasion.
Banter partner duties:
1. Make fun of me for sucking
2. But also be nice when I’m replaying a room for the 4th time
3. But also help me blame the camera instead of me
4. Banter
Read 4 tweets
May 30, 2022
i’m glad i don’t claim to be a programmer because it’s a huge self-own to be as angry at TypeScript as i am right now. BUDDY you KNOW WHAT I MEAN stop being WEIRD ABOUT EVERYTHING
typescript: you can’t do that
me: why not
typescript: it’s not a string
me: well it’s gonna be
typescript: gonna be?
me: ya when the promise comes back
typescript: you’re sure about that.
me: totally. just trust me
typescript: absolutely not
me: i fixed it
typescript: did you now
me: ya it’s definitely a string now
typescript: that points to…
me: a string
me: a string!
me: [mumbles]
typescript: i want to hear you say it.
me: …a promise
typescript: i hate you
Read 6 tweets
May 26, 2022
THREAD: I got access to Midjourney (an image-generating neural network) and I intend to make it Midjourney's problem

cw: uhhh unsure actually but feels like there should be a cw
You can apply for beta access on this form:
o9q981dirmk.typeform.com/to/zZtF1mVc

You're given a starter amount of compute credits, at which point you're able to get more with a subscription and/or accepting lower compute priority. (I haven't run out of credits yet—we'll see how far I get.)
i will die if i do not contemplate myself
Read 68 tweets
May 7, 2022
So I did a weird thing where I only watched half of JoJo S1 before finishing the series, and now I’m watching the other half. Thoughts:
1. lol Joseph’s still such a putz
2. THE COLISEUM
3. wow Araki really loves Italy huh
4. LISA
5. LISA
climbing a greasy phallus so I can go meet the two guys who gave me wedding rings
TRAINING HAMONTAGE
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(