jennycohn@toad.social ✍🏻 📢 Profile picture
May 25, 2021 19 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Other than those who follow me on Twitter (or Wyden), almost no one knew about the #SAFEAct & what was in it (a ban on internet connectivity & mandatory robust manual audits for all federal races in 2020.) This messaging failure allowed TFG to play victim. IMO. 1/
The Democrats are still messing up by not reintroducing the #SAFEAct or another standalone bill just focused on audits in 2022. Seriously. That Bill might even get some Republican support. Worst case, if they oppose it, you use that to show they are insincere about integrity. 2/
Maybe I’m wrong. But this is my strong opinion on strategy. I am not equating Ds with Rs. Rs are rotten to the core. I worry Ds are not good enough negotiators or messagers to defeat them. 3/
I was really good at negotiations when I practiced law. From what I’ve seen, most Democrats are not. If you lack leverage, you engage your constituents and make them your leverage. Yes I screamed about this at the time. I even went to DC and met with congressional staff. 4/
Wyden did this. It’s why he is pretty much the only MOC that I can cite to show that Republicans are hypocrites on this issue and that at least one Democrat tried to address internet connectivity & voting machine concerns before 2020. 5/
There are no good quotes from any other Democrats on election security. And that is an enormous messaging failure. 6/
Wyden quote: 7/
Wyden quote. 8/
Wyden quote. 9/
Wyden letter. 11/
Wyden tweet. 12/
Wyden. 13/
Wyden. 14/
Seriously, where were the other Democrats?! Was was Wyden the only one really going to the mat? He fought for it and warned the public. The others were limp. 15/
I begged the Democrats to use talking points. They would not. Wyden was the only one worth a damn on this issue. From what was public anyway. And what happens in public matters. They work for the public. 16/
17/ #SAFEAct - where were the Democrats’ graphics? @_Jo_di did this one
18/ Wyden, Wyden, Wyden.
19/ The other Democrats? Mostly MIA.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with jennycohn@toad.social ✍🏻 📢

jennycohn@toad.social ✍🏻 📢 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jennycohn1

May 20
Mike Flynn associate @IvanRaiklin says “it’s just a matter of time” b4 @ElonMusk & @HouseSpeaker hold a “joint press conference” to “disclose & release the Twitter direct messages” of the people on his “Deep State Target List,” which he claims will prove seditious conspiracy. 1/
Here’s the link, which I got from @mtnmamaforever. Raiklin has posted some or all of it on X as well. 2/forbiddenknowledgetv.net/ivan-raiklin-s…
@mtnmamaforever Note that this is a redo of an earlier version of this thread. I decided to redo it bc, after listening again, it’s possible that Raiklin’s remarks about Elon helping him get his hands on Twitter DMs are merely aspirational. Better for me to quote, not paraphrase. 3/
Read 8 tweets
May 19
Mike Flynn associate Ivan Raiklin says he has a “Deep State Target List” of > 350 people. He implies that he & Elon Musk have ** accessed their Twitter direct messages ** & says “it’s just a matter of time” b4 Musk & Mike Johnson hold a joint press conference about these DMs. 1/
As further shown in the clip in post 1, Ivan Raiklin also claims that the direct messages of his “targets” prove a “seditious conspiracy” against Trump dating back to 2016. Here’s the link, which I got from @mtnmamaforever. Raiklin has posted some or all of it on X as well. 2/ forbiddenknowledgetv.net/ivan-raiklin-s…
@mtnmamaforever This kind of reminds me of the big Wikileaks dump before the 2016 election… 3/
Read 14 tweets
May 19
Hung Cao—who is running in the GOP primary in Virginia’s US Senate race has attended a City Elders event. City Elders’ founder has explicitly said that their goal is “theonomy” (whereby the Old Testament dictates government & culture.) h/t @KiraResistance @vademocrats 1/ #CROW Image
3/ @KiraResistance wrote about Hung Cao and “City Elders” in the latest edition of our newsletter, the Christian Right Observer Weekly. See Briefs 3 & 4. #CROW crownewsletter.substack.com/p/christian-ri…
Read 4 tweets
May 18
Jesse Leon Rodgers—founder of the “City Elders” organization—says that their end game is “theonomy” (a form of government in which society is ruled by the Old Testament). City Elders is tied to the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR). h/t @KiraResistance 1/
Read 9 tweets
May 18
😳The express goals of the explicitly dominionist “City Elders” group include establishing a governmental office in Oklahoma by 2026 & a “City Elders Council” in all 3141 counties in America by 2026 b4 going international. They have ties to the New Apostolic Reformation. #CROW 1/ Image
2/ @KiraResistance wrote about the Oklahoma-based “City Elders” group and its explicitly global dominionist ambitions in the latest edition of our newsletter, the Christian Right Observer Weekly. See Brief #3. #CROW crownewsletter.substack.com/p/christian-ri…
@KiraResistance 3/ Here’s a clip of “City Elders” founder Jesse Leon Rodgers in which he expressly states that what they want is more extreme than “theocracy.” Rather, what they want is “theonomy.”
Read 4 tweets
May 18
In 2022, Harrison Butker appeared in a misleading anti-choice political ad funded by CatholicVote Civic Action, which is bankrolled by Leonard Leo’s network, per journalists Andrew Perez & Nicki McCann. Butker’s recent speech whiffs of astroturf. 1/ Link: rollingstone.com/politics/polit…
2/
3/ cc:@andrewperezdc
Read 12 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(