Gail Simone 💙💛 Profile picture
May 26, 2021 12 tweets 9 min read Read on X
Hey!

You guys wanna see something cool that almost no one has seen yet?

IT’S COOL.

1/
It’s only a bigass box of CRITICAL ROLE FIGURES FROM @wizkidsgames!

LOOK! #Critters. #CriticalRoll @CriticalRole Box is huge!

2/
Now, I am a sloooooow critter and have not made it this far in the podcast eps so I don’t know most of these, but MAN, the imagination and craftsmanship is impressive. They’re gorgeous.

Let’s look!

3/
Expert #Critters, please jump in and tell me what I’m looking at!

Here we go...

First, Monsters of Wildemount, Set One!

Sorry the pictures kinda suck, but WOW!

4/
And here’s Monsters of Wildemount Set 2...

Again, the photos aren’t great, but these are some of the best pre-painted minis I’ve every seen. The little dragon-like thing is AWESOME.

Hey, @matthewmercer, what is the wingy guy?

5/
This box is the FACTIONS OF WILDEMOUNT: DWENDALIAN EMPIRE set. There’s a little red-head lady with an ax I already love, all the way on the left.

WE’RE GOING ADVENTURING.

6/
This one might be my favorite of the faction packs, the sculpts and paintings are just supoib!

FACTIONS OF WILDEMOUNT: KRYN DYNASTY & XHORHAS.

LOVE the spellcaster in purple!

7/
And this is the last of the faction sets...FACTIONS OF WILDEMOUNT: CLOVIS CONCORD AND MENAGERIE COAST.

Another great set of sculpts and paintings. Lovely!

They want to fight. FIGHT!

8/
And then finally, THIS BIG GOOD BOI.

UDAAK!

He’s HUGE and beastly and also, HE LOVES LONG WALKS IN THE RAIN.

Seriously, this thing is a BEHEMOTH!

He ate all the other minis!

9/
These figures are all available online and in brick and mortar shops starting JUNE 2nd!

Also, Jester is the best, you all know it. Except my mind changes every three minutes. #critters

Thank you, @wizkidsgames and @criticalrole for being so nice to a SLOW CRITTER!

10/
Here’s a comment from @criticalrole about the line of figures!

critrole.com/hype-critical-…

Thanks WizKids.com and critrole.com

AND ARE BEARS WELCOME IN YOUR KINGDOM?

Bye, all!
Psst...here’s who is in the Kryn Dynasty box!

• Lotusden Halfling
• Dark Elf Rogue
• Echo Knight
• Echo
• Trader of Kryn
• Kryn Noble
• Graviturgy Wizard
• Chronurgy Wizard
• Dunamancy Wizard

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Gail Simone 💙💛

Gail Simone 💙💛 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GailSimone

May 12
I have a Roger Corman story. It’s fun, but weird, as I am gathering most Roger Corman stories tend to be.

I was a fan of his movies and his legend and legacy.

At the very beginning of my comics career, his office contacted me.

1/
I was very new to writing professionally. I didn’t become a writer to make films, comics were not a stepping stone. And I had mostly been drafted, so my sense of value in myself as a writer was a bit shaky and tinged with a lot of, ‘how did I get here? What’s happening?’

2/
The idea that a legendary movie guy would contact me for anything made no sense. I still had my hair salon. I hadn’t even written very many comics, and I was pretty sure it was all going to go away very quickly.

Then I get this call.

3/
Read 17 tweets
Apr 30
I remind everyone of this each year, apologies for repeating myself.

This Saturday, May 4th, is @Freecomicbook Day! Please go and enjoy and have a wonderful time. Some great shops have sales, cosplay, events, guests, even treats planned for you, PLUS FREE COMICS!

1/
Howerer, this is just a gentle reminder that, unlike what many think, the stores DO have to pay for the comics they give away for free. They pay for them in bundles. This year there are dozens of individual comics being given away...imagine how much that might cost!

2/
But that's not all. They also pay (often outrageous) shipping on all those books.

Stores often pay for extra employees, decorations, advertising, cosplayers, guests, and lots more. It is EXPENSIVE.

3/
Read 8 tweets
Apr 22
Here is my central core thought while writing Deadpool.

It is no secret that I don't like endlessly 'zany' Deadpool. He was described as 'serial killer Daffy Duck' to me early on, that's the version I don't care for.

1/
I also don't care for endlessly bleak, 'nothing matters,' kill everyone Deadpool.

I think that could be a thousand other characters, and it's far from the magic potion that makes Deadpool fun.

2/
So the Deadpool is a subverted version of both of those.

He is a goddamn loudmouth, whose humor comes from tragedy.

But he's so endlessly high energy that it saves him from being insufferable and dreary.

And ALSO so internally sad and broken that he's not a constant punchline.
Read 10 tweets
Feb 20
Today is @Dwayne_McDuffie's birthday. He would have been 62 today, if he hadn't passed unexpectedly one day after his 49th birthday.

To me, and most everyone who knew him, Dwayne was a light we all orbited in someway. There are many great creators.

Dwayne was a giant.

1/ Image
I've told this story before but it can't be overstated. I absolutely would not have this career I love, and this life I love, without Dwayne.

I am far from the only person he lifted up and put on the stairway out. Out of poverty, out of an unfulfilling career.

2/
You may have heard some or all of this before. But to this day, when I think of Dwayne McDuffie, I am a bundle of terrible and wonderful emotions. I smile at the fact that I got to meet him at all, and then I cry because his loss is so vast, it still seems insurmountable.

3/
Read 30 tweets
Jan 28
I don’t dislike the Star Wars sequels at all, I find them pretty antertaining and they did a lot right.

My objection is the things they set up and completely squandered.

Chief among them is Finn, whose story could have been an absolute banger.

1/
Finn leading a Stormtrooper rebellion, that’s massive, a sea change and a real evolution of ideas that could have expanded the lore tremendously.

But also Poe, his story isn’t even a real story, there’s no arc.

2/
And the lead characters of the first three films all die with a desperate whimper.

It’s sad because all the elements were there. The set-up is magnificent.

But only the Rey/Kylo story really lands, and it lands by cheating a lot.

3/
Read 10 tweets
Jan 2
One time at SDCC, Dan DiDio invited me to lunch at a beautiful seafood restaurant on the bay. He had been given a list of properties that WB owned, many of which DC would have had the ability to adapt to comics.

It was STUNNING. I had no idea, I don't think Dan knew, either.

1/
He said that this list could do something for DC that hadn't really been the case in a long time, it could open up a ton of genres with already-popular IP.

Many were very dormant concepts, but many still had active fanbases, and some were huge.

And we could use them.

2/
So there were a lot of things people know, like MORTAL KOMBAT and the various Bugs Bunny-type things, but the list just went on and on and on, things like the Three Stooges and tons of toy lines and action movie franchises. It was an incredible list.

3/
Read 16 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(