デビル零@devilrei.bsky.social Profile picture
May 31, 2021 21 tweets 7 min read Read on X
I loved @poondonkus's Guilty Gear thread so much that I had to steal the idea

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown characters, ranked by how much I trust them to drive me to the airport
Akira would drive you to the airport, but the moment you stepped out of the car, he would scold you for your lack of planning and say he won't do it next time.

Availability:
Driving: Efficient
Music: Podcasts about martial arts
Conversation: Sparse
Jacky will absolutely jump at the chance to drive you to the airport, and show you all of the cool shortcuts he knows while casually and frequently breaking the speed limit.

Availability: ALWAYS
Driving: Slick
Music: Butt Rock
Conversation: Chatty
Sarah would be a bit more hesitant to drive you to the airport, but would oblige if you indicated you were out of options.

Availability: Likely
Driving: Uses GPS even if she knows the route
Music: Early 90s pop
Conversation: Makes subtly snarky small talk
Lau would berate you for asking for a ride, then drive you. You worry that he could keel over and die anytime on the way.

Availability: Random
Driving: Aggressive but abides by traffic laws
Music: No
Conversation: Insults between cough fits
Pai would gladly volunteer to drive you, only to leave you terrified when you get in the car by cutting everyone off and running multiple stop signs and red lights.

Driving: VERY aggressive
Music: Chinese pop hits
Conversation: Yelling at drivers
Kage does not drive. He will launch and juggle you to the airport.

Availability: Rare
Driving: 4+P+G
Music: Eerie silence
Conversation: None
Wolf will offer to drive you to the airport. It will be a pleasant ride with friendly conversation. He says, "ask me anytime!"

Availability: Reliable
Driving: Safe
Music: Wrestling entrance themes
Conversation: Enjoyable
Jeffry doesn't have a car, but can drive you over if you can reach the airport by boat. The boat's just a liiiiiittle rickety.

Boating: Adept
Music: He sings the whole time
Conversation: Fun
Lion would LOVE to drive you to the airport just to show off his million-dollar car he never has a chance to use.

Driving: Inexperienced
Music: Top 40
Conversation: One-sided
Shun should not be driving under any circumstances.

Aoi does not have a license. The thought of driving terrifies her.

Lei-Fei does not have time to drive you to the airport, and would sneer at you the whole time if he did. Like Lau, but less chance of sudden death.

Availability: Unlikely
Driving: Halting
Music: Meditation podcasts
Conversation: Getting berated
Vanessa would be mildly annoyed by you asking her for a ride, but she'd definitely do it every time.

Availability: Sure
Driving: Depends on traffic
Music: "Whatever, you pick"
Conversation: ...but you notice her subtly mouthing words to all the songs on the radio
Brad would definitely drive you to the airport. If you're a lady, you'd want to get out of the car the moment you get there.

Driving: Focused
Music: Horny Jams
Conversation: For dudes: game theory. For ladies: Creepy pick-up lines.
Goh would begrudgingly take you to the airport in a car with conspicuously missing plates.

Availability: Unlikely
Driving: Bursts of aggression
Music: The entire Linkin Park catalog
Conversation: Sporadic, incoherent screaming at other drivers
Eileen is far too young to have a license, but wants to ride with you when you do find somebody and talk your ear off.
El Blaze's car is small and might not fit all of your luggage. He's also a terror behind the wheel. You arrive shaken and jittery.

Availability: Sporadic
Driving: Fast and Erratic
Music: Spanish-language radio
Conversation: Bragging about his wins
Jean is a perfect driver in a car that looks way too good for him. He doesn't talk much -- only to ask for some cash from you once you get there for his trouble.

Driving: Calculated
Music: Metal
Conversation: Smug silence
Taka does not drive, and never will.
The thread this is based on:

Enjoy VF5US everybody!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with デビル零@devilrei.bsky.social

デビル零@devilrei.bsky.social Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Zerochan

Jun 11, 2021
I’m sorry someone is currently writing an essay in my @s about a difference between “pay for convenience” and “pay to win” and I am here to tell you, no, they are the same thing. The EXACT same thing. It’s merely a cover for scummy F2P monetization
Also, no, I should not have to take history lessons to enjoy a game on its own merits, nor should I have to play the Japanese original for comparison. I enjoy FGO English a lot not being a mega-Fate lore nerd or playing on JP server.
also some folks are saying I hate wine and their games, which is... oh my god folks how can you be so absurdly wrong, I REALLY want more Otome/Josei coverage in the mainstream but I also want these products evaluated properly
Read 4 tweets
Jun 10, 2021
Need to stop the VF5US room for now, long sets are still really hard on me physically (hence my low rank). May start another later or tomorrow a bit earlier for the eastern/central crowd
I’ve mostly been doing a handful of ranked each day with combo practice in-between. Need to get those hot confirms down!
Read 4 tweets
Jun 1, 2021
Hi folks, since you might be intimidated when starting #VF5US, here are some reminders!

- You are absolutely going to get bopped at first and that’s fine
- Finding a character you like and growing into them is more important than winning immediately
- Win rate don’t mean shit
Also, just play whoever the hell you like, I wouldn’t be a Vanessa main for 20-some years if I was going for sheer tier advantage
Honestly I find people who play fighting games with the “I NEED to WIN at ALL TIMES” mentality 24/7 to be hella sus and not fun to be around
Read 7 tweets
May 29, 2021
Hi I will answer your extremely weird VF related questions that you’re afraid to ask
“They say VF has good character balance but I still worry about my character getting nerfed in the future”

Just pick Jacky, Akira, Lau, or Kage, they are the four God-Emperors of VF and will never be bad, ever
“Who do I play if I just want to troll and piss off the most people?” Taka. Taka alllllll day
Read 4 tweets
May 4, 2021
Acquired this today: Cancelled Famicom Games Guide. Lots of details on games announced and canned for the FC (including some that got NES releases), along with a really nice section showing early versions of releases games showcased in magazines and promo materials
Thing I learned today: Aruden Raruden, the version of obscure Famicom platforms Robocco Wars set to have been published by Taito, was supposed to have a bunch of Taito references before it was cancelled and reskinned. Basically “Megablast but better”
IGS eventually published it themselves as Robocco Wars but scrubbed all the references... mostly.

.@covell_chris covered this on his site, which has the codes necessary to access unused content, including a stage with the Silver Hawk boss: chrismcovell.com/secret/FC__199…
Read 4 tweets
Mar 21, 2021
Pictures, design documents, and anecdotes for obscure, unported arcade single-screen platformer Penguin Brothers at the link
A lot of folks seem to think this game was Taiwanese, but I believe only the publisher was based in Taiwan
Ah, I missed this earlier post about the game! t1008.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-40.… In summary: Taito backed out of publishing, another company stepped in, but location testing was not great, but the game was licensed to Subsino and did well in Korea
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(