Stephen Drennan Profile picture
Jun 1, 2021 8 tweets 2 min read Read on X
Everton fans on my timeline are talking about Conte.

I don't have the time to do a 'What does Inter have that Everton don't' thread too.
Meet Everton's new manager...
New Everton Manager

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Stephen Drennan

Stephen Drennan Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @babuyagu

Aug 13
Negotiations with player don't work this way.

I have seen countless situations where a player says yes but then the paperwork doesn't get signed. Because its a very different thing to say yes and then literally signing a document that is unbreakable and commits you to it. There
will almost always be in every instance a period of time between 'lets do this' and 'paperwork signed'.

And it is exactly for this reason. All parties will want the player to take a pause, think about this, talk it through with his family, really grasp how big the decision is
and what it will mean to his life.

You don't want to rush a player into making a decision he can't get out of that he will regret. That he wasn't prepared for. That his family wasn't willing to do and therefore he will do it alone.

The objective isn't to get what you want. It
Read 10 tweets
Aug 13
I love this. Its good analysis too of the deception and the objective.

I actually first saw this when scouting Rhode Island, who are a new team to the USL this year.

You are looking at where players will be, not where they will start. And how many there will be left in there
What is most interesting though - and its something I mentioned before - there will always be space left when a player makes a run FROM somewhere.

So when watching Rhode Island, guess where a big void appears after after corner - the penalty spot. 2nd balls are HUGE there then.
And with that in mind, look again at where the 6 Liverpool players in the box are here. Image
Read 6 tweets
Jul 25
Not sure why people struggle with this.

Its not that teams didn't see world class potential with Mane pre-Southampton, it's that they couldn't give that guy minutes to keep progressing. Southampton could.

And there are lots of players at that age and level that don't progress. Image
Huijsen needs to play football. Coming to Liverpool and watching Virg, Quansah, Gomez and Konate eat all the minutes and getting run outs in the cup will do nothing for him.

So far in his career, almost all his minutes bar ~5 x 90s is at youth or Italian 3rd tier level. That is
the final Pro-level of football in Italian football pyramid and fed by semi-pro teams from Serie D.

He really needs serious minutes at a top level now. Which is why he ends up at a club that can offer him that NOW. Not in a few years. Not through a repeating pattern of loans.
Read 10 tweets
May 13
I'll keep saying it.

From a squad building POV, Nunez is the last forward Liverpool have that the nerd team will see as a problem to solve.

His age and underlying numbers is something you look to acquire.

Forwards aged 28+, regular soft tissue injuries, declining physical
related performance metrics - they are big issues.

You are trying to find the point at which their value to you starts to dip below their cost. When their body can no longer perform at this level consistently.

Those are problems you can't give time to or solve later.
People will hate it, but I suspect the only two forwards we have that aren't up for a conversation are Gakpo and Nunez.

At just 24, 4 year deals and their full output peaks ahead of them, plus on low salaries relative to their numbers (based on numbers I seen at least) there
Read 8 tweets
Jan 26, 2023
The amount of pathetic false equivalence I am seeing from people desperate for the club to be used to wash away the blood of a genocide or civilians being disappeared or executed for being dissidents of a despotic regime is depressing.

Yes, billionaires likely aren't entirely
ethical.

No, they are not all the fucking same. People who are committing genocide, dismembering journalists, executing kids, imprisoning/murdering people for being gay - these people are worse.

I don't know how absolutely morally bankrupt and repugnant a human being you need
to be that those words need to be said to you but fuck me.

If the club is bought by a sportswashing vehicle then those midfielders you are publicly wanking yourself off for will be bought for the sole purpose of buying your goodwill and praise to wash away the blood of innocents
Read 17 tweets
Jan 24, 2023
I can only answer on the level he is at right now - but he is one of the best passers of the ball in Brazil, is exceptionally busy in games and has more to his game that simply keeping the ball but also stays behind the ball so isn't appearing in goals & assists too often.
There is a tonne of quality there. Looks a lot like Arthur before he left Brazil - and I say that as both a compliment and a warning. It is a very different style and speed of play in Europe compared to Brasileirao matches. He definitely has the talent to step up a level but
whether he can make the leap to EPL football is another question.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(