The Q Origins Project Profile picture
Jun 1, 2021 7 tweets 6 min read Read on X
TELEGRAM ROUNDUP: FLYNN TRIES TO WALK IT BACK

Coming into this, I expected that most followers would simply go along with Flynn’s (patently untrue) claim that he was saying there SHOULDN’T be a coup here.

Some did, but — to my surprise — almost as many did not! Details below:
First, I should note that the single most popular response was to say, “What IS a coup, really?” — that is, to argue that in fact it was the filthy libs who’d done the coup & it would be justified, and certainly NOT a coup, if the military, ahem, stepped in to make things right.
So the most popular response to Flynn’s backtracking was neither to affirm nor disagree with it, but simply to talk around it.

This is, of course, a normal human response to embarrassing incidents.

But there WERE quite a few folks who said: no, you called for it & rightly so.
Probably the strongest statements to that effect came from Nancy here, so I’ll upload her single clearest statement on the issue.

That leaves us with the final category of responses: the ones that come from lickspittles.
These ranged from angry denunciations of people who DIDN’T toe the new party line (which one user called “throw[ing] Gen Flynn under the bus… after all he’s been thru FOR US!!”) to claims that the footage was faked.
P.S. Just so you know that I’m not blowing a handful of dissenters outta proportion, here are some more rejections of Flynn’s walkback.

Note that images 2 and 4 each show *two* users rejecting the walkback, despite Q people worshipping the ground Flynn walks on.
UPDATE: whoops, one of the images I included above *was* in post #1. Apologies.

To make up for my mistake, here’s one I SHOULD have posted:

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with The Q Origins Project

The Q Origins Project Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @QOrigins

Apr 9
BOOK REVIEW CORNER: “The End” by Ian Kershaw

READ THIS BECAUSE: I *guarantee* you’re going to find at LEAST one thing that sticks in your mind for life. There are hardly any other books I’d say that of.

SUBJECT: the last months of the Third Reich.
FAIR WARNING: this book features a *lot* of people trapped in awful situations waiting for terrible fates to befall them. Also, the stuff that will stick with you isn’t necessarily fun or uplifting.
For instance, there’s a passage about how civilians perceived concentration camp inmates when they saw the death marches.

One of them writes in her journal something to the effect of: what terrible crimes they must have committed, to be treated like this.
Read 10 tweets
Feb 12
This piece has a bunch of good quotes (including some from me), but /none/ better than @rothschildmd’s at the end.

If nothing else, click in and scroll down to read that. It’s excellent!

Further thoughts in this thread.
One thing I wish I’d conveyed in my interview:

QAnon, in the sense of “people who specifically believe that Q was legit,” /is/ on the decline.

But it’s NOT a spent force.
Q influencers and their followers are still a strong messaging system.

They’re still key boosters of

* election denialism

* bullshit treatments for COVID

* anti-trans sentiment (in particular, the “transvestigator” wing of anti-trans hatred is HEAVILY pilled)
Read 6 tweets
Aug 1, 2023
“Think mirror” is a QAnon slogan often used in baking — that is, the search for hidden meaning in an image or text.

Ariel didn’t use the slogan in this post, but here he makes a direct & simple use of the *core concept* to suggest that the X app is somehow linked to Freemasonry: Image
There /are/ less direct, less simple uses of “think mirror” — lots of them.

It’s a key part of how the “Q Clock” works, for instance (image credit: Travis View, AFAIK). Image
It can also be used to explain away problems that arise when one of the movement’s heroes says or does something that /completely contradicts/ core QAnon beliefs.

No problem! That was a performance for the normies.

Real anons know to think mirror.
Read 4 tweets
May 12, 2023
Yeah, QAnon’s two best innovations were:

1) it had a hero and
2) it had a solution to the problem of the Cabal — namely the Storm.

This was a short, sharp spasm of violence that would purge all the political & cultural elites anons hated, & then Trump would lead a golden age.
This is why QAnon is an apocalyptic-millenarian movement, not just a conspiracy theory.

BUT… the thing is… the anons themselves *are* 100% conspiracy theorists.
They have all the social habits and pathologies of conspiracy theorist communities.

This includes the dynamic Poker mentioned above — the impulse to tear people down & the need to find fresh new enemies.
Read 5 tweets
May 10, 2023
This is a REALLY cool jumping-off point to discuss how INCREDIBLY flexible QAnon orthodoxy is.

And it’s not just flexible because, in the post-Q era (or the Biden Admin or whatever), a lot of anons place less value on the drops.

This is a claim you could’ve seen in 2020! So: 🧵
One of QAnon’s favorite thought-terminating cliches is “disinformation is necessary.” This is a GREAT way of blunting people’s discomfort when Q’s predictions — like arrests — don’t come true.

But it also has *big* implications *how the movement relates to Q drops.*
Because if Q /could/ be lying about any one particular drop, then suddenly none of the drops are actually binding on believers.

You can ignore anything that doesn’t match your own personal vibe. ANYTHING.

Take the whole JFK Junior idea.
Read 9 tweets
Mar 30, 2023
This man is taking it harder than the anons.

Get off the cross, Junior. We need the wood.
Also, Pol Pot’s regime killed like 1/4th of his entire country’s population!

I PROMISE, prosecuting Trump /for a crime he really did commit/ would not “make Pol Pot blush.”

But of course the point of that rhetoric isn’t *that it is true* — of course not, it’s shameless.
Rather, the point is to *scare conservatives* by suggesting that they may die at any moment because Democrats are gonna DO A BIG COMMUNISM to them, and they should defend themselves (and Junior’s daddy) with deadly force if necessary.

it’s just a big red button labeled FEAR…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(