Jerome Adams Profile picture
Jun 5, 2021 13 tweets 12 min read Read on X
I know LOTS of vaccinated Republicans (far more vaccinated than unvaccinated ones, and some of them pretty prominent people).

Let’s normalize everyone getting vaccinated, vs shaming the unvaccinated based on their politics.
Here’s Indiana Governor @GovHolcomb @HolcombForIN getting his #COVID19 at a drive through site… #republicansvax
Here’s Maryland @GovLarryHogan getting vaccinated. #republicansvax
Here’s Massachsetts Governor @CharlieBakerMA getting his #COVID19 vaccination. #republicansvax
Alabama @GovernorKayIvey got her #COVID19 vaccination!👇🏽
#republicansvax
Here’s Georgia Governor @BrianKempGA showing some Peach State #COVID19 vaccine confidence! 🍑
I like @WhiteCastle, cuz it’s the best, but like Arizona Governor @dougducey, I get a #COVID19 vaccine when I’m way out west…
I’m guessing North Dakota Governor @DougBurgum treated himself to some @dotspretzels after his #COVID19 vaccination!
#republicansvax
In the Granite State, @GovChrisSununu is looking solid as a rock after his #COVID19 vaccination!
#republicansvax
Ohio Governor @MikeDeWine clearly wants a full @OhioStateFB stadium in the fall- so he’s leading the way by getting his #COVID19 vaccination! 🏈 🏟
#republicansvax @OhioStAthletics
DYK @DennysDiner is based in South Carolina? Maybe SC Governor @henrymcmaster and his wife grabbed a Grand Slam (or a Moons over My Hammy) after getting their #COVID19 vaccinations!
#republicansvax
Looks like Texas Governor @GregAbbott_TX is eager to see some @texashsfootball this fall- so he’s setting an example for eligible youth to get vaccinated!
#republicansvax
Arkansas Governor @AsaHutchinson gets his #COVID19 vaccination! I wonder if like so many others have, he went to his hometown @Walmart for his second shot? 🤔
#republicansvax

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jerome Adams

Jerome Adams Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JeromeAdamsMD

Aug 8
It will be fascinating to see if
A) Anyone actually ultimate looks at covid infections at the #Olympics (many teams tested)
B) Anyone correlates that to performances (lots of anecdotal reports of “didn’t feel great” or mystery virus)
C) Anyone looks at Paxlovid use by athletes
Would also be interesting to learn how many knowingly competed (and exposed others) and if they took any specific actions to protect themselves or others when they knew they were positive. This could’ve been (and still can be) a great learning opportunity on “living with Covid.”
I’m hearing most large delegations did in fact have testing, tested their own athletes with symptoms, and treated positives -because they KNOW Covid impacts performance. But there was no disclosure of results or attempt to alert/ protect other delegations/ people. @iocmedia
Read 4 tweets
Jun 22
Spoke at @AspenInstitute #aspenideas yesterday. Was asked about Tony Fauci, lab leaks, and GOF research. My response:

Tony Fauci is a friend, mentor, and 50+ year public servant, who retired as an Admiral. I’ve personally not known him to be anything but honest + patriotic. 1/
On lab leaks, we’re asking the wrong questions IMO. We’ll likely never know true Covid origins as China has withheld /destroyed information. So practically this is not a question we can answer.

We SHOULD be focusing on China and WHO accountability vs lab leaks and Fauci. 2/
Regarding funding GOF research:
A) There’s legitimate debate over “GOF” definition. Again, I’ve never known Fauci to be dishonest. He doesn’t believe NIH funded research was GOF, and almost no scientist believes said research contributed to COVID.

bbc.com/news/57932699.…
Read 5 tweets
May 28
American Indian, Alaska Native, & Black youth face SIGNIFICANTLY higher mortality rates vs their White counterparts- and the gap is widening!

This demands urgent attention, and highlights the danger of abandoning all DEI programs and data collection. 🧵
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/…
Injury, especially from firearms, is primary cause of pediatric death. Shockingly, Black youth saw a 39.2% surge in firearm deaths between 2019 and 2020, with a further 23.0% ⬆️ in 2021. Reasons range from increased gun access to pandemic social upheaval to policing. 😞 Image
Alarming ⬆️ in suicide rates underscores severity of our mental health crisis. Cyberbullying + easier access to firearms & opioids contribute. Rapid ⬆️ in Black + Hispanic youth, linked to poverty, early puberty, adverse childhood experiences, insufficient mental health services.
Read 10 tweets
Apr 22
The problem with infectious disease scares is a) they happen ALL the time and b) most of them flame out.

But this (H5N1/ Bird Flu) is starting to feel a lot like 2020 again. And we seem to be making the same testing and communication mistakes. 🤦🏽‍♂️

amazon.com/Crisis-Chaos-L…
In 2020, we had an incumbent President running for reelection who was loathe to overreact and spoke the public- especially if it meant harm to the economy. Because the truth is, these things really do typically “just disappear” on their own…
In 2020 we had a media that was focused not on increasing reports about a newly spreading virus, but was obsessed about a Trump trial (in 2020 it was impeachment). And we had a dysfunctional Congress that clearly had its attention elsewhere. 🤔 Image
Read 7 tweets
Apr 14
Once you get past all the “it’s just a cold” bluster, it’s amazing to consider how many people who will tell you they still have a cough/ wheeze/ are taking an inhaler/ fatigue/ are “not back to normal” long after they’ve had Covid.

I know I’m not the only one who hears this.🤷🏽‍♂️
I get it- people don’t want to give us socialization / have their lives and plans impacted. That’s human nature. I also think most people KNOW covid can be really harmful, and the downplaying of it is really is psychological compensation to justify the risk to themselves.
It’s like riding a motorcycle without a helmet (or really at all) - people know it can be dangerous, but convince themselves THEY are a good driver and the risk to THEM is somehow far less than average- and will tell you as much. (Until they get into a wreck that is)
Read 4 tweets
Apr 12
Bird flu /H5N1 update: 🧵

On April 1, 2024, a Texas resident with exposure to dairy cattle tested positive for highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) A(H5N1), also known as bird flu and avian influenza. The person was treated and has recovered.

cdc.gov/media/releases…
This incident is separate from a March 2024 report confirming this year’s first U.S. human infected with an influenza virus that normally spreads in pigs and not people. This person also was treated and has recovered.
Despite the recent human case of H5N1, CDC considers this an animal health issue at this time, affecting wild birds, poultry, and some mammals (eg dairy cattle). But the more mammals the virus infects, the more opportunities it has to evolve a strain that is dangerous to humans.
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(