Seth Hettena Profile picture
Jun 7, 2021 9 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Seeing reports from around the globe that this may involve AN0M --- an encrypted chat application used by organized crime groups that was actually developed by the FBI. #OperationTrojanShield
Breaking: Police down under confirm FBI was secretly operating encrypted chat app AN0M for 18 months. Law enforcement watched criminals around the globe sell drugs and plot murders in real time. Anom[.]io now:
“Worldwide, 9000 law enforcement officials were involved in co-ordinated operations linked to the penetration of An0m.” amp.smh.com.au/national/mass-…
The FBI got AN0M from a confidential source who also offered to supply it to transnational criminal organizations (TCOs), according to court documents.
The FBI built a master key into the device that attached to each AN0M message as it was transmitted.

Each message was then “BCC’d” to a server controlled by the FBI.
AN0M was used on nearly 12,000 devices in 90 countries, per court documents.
Here’s the affidavit laying it all out.
documentcloud.org/documents/2079…
For those asking for examples of what was said.
One AN0M user posted photos of suspected cocaine packages packed in a shipment of bananas.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Seth Hettena

Seth Hettena Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @seth_hettena

Oct 22, 2023
Anthony Pratt, the Australian billionaire who says Trump revealed to him sensitive information about submarines, reportedly paid Rudy Giuliani "about a million bucks" to attend Pratt’s birthday party. smh.com.au/world/north-am…
“All these guys are like the mafia. Trump, Rupert, Rudy. You want to be a customer, not a competitor. And I am very aware of that," Pratt says in a recorded conversation obtained by the Sydney Morning Herald.
Pratt says he paid Rudy "about a million bucks" to attend Pratt's 60th birthday party in Australia in 2020. The party was cancelled due to COVID lockdowns "so now he calls me once a week."
Read 5 tweets
Jul 11, 2023
It looks like the unnamed former high-ranking government official and Trump advisor mentioned in Gal Luft's indictment was R. James Woolsey Jr., former director the CIA from 1993-1995.
Woolsey's op-ed in the @SCMPNews in the fall of 2016 includes word-for-word a line that the indictment claims Gal Luft, the Israeli head of a US think tank, had written for "Individual-1," the former gov't official and Trump advisor. scmp.com/comment/insigh…
@SCMPNews A few days after that article ran, Woolsey signed a $72,000 per year consulting agreement with Luft's think tank. Luft bragged that he had "recruited" Woolsey who was to visit China "undercover" if Trump won the election, according to the indictment.
Read 4 tweets
May 15, 2023
"While working with Ms. Dunphy, Giuliani would look to Ms. Dunphy, point to his erect penis, and tell her that he could not do any work until 'you take care of this.'"

More stunning allegations against "America's Mayor" were filed today by a former assistant. Image
Lordy, there are tapes.

"In addition to his sexual demands, Giuliani went on alcohol-drenched rants that included sexist, racist, and antisemitic remarks, which made the work environment unbearable. Many of these comments were recorded."
OMG. Image
Read 8 tweets
Apr 30, 2023
Bombshell report from @WSJ: Circle of people around Jeffrey Epstein is larger than previously known.

Biden's CIA Director Bill Burns met Epstein in 2014 when Burns was deputy secretary of state. wsj.com/articles/jeffr…
"Kathryn Ruemmler, a White House counsel under President Barack Obama, had dozens of meetings with Epstein in the years after her White House service and before she became a top lawyer at Goldman Sachs in 2020."

“I regret ever knowing Jeffrey Epstein,” Ruemmler said.
Epstein scheduled more than a dozen meetings from 2013 to 2017 with Joshua Cooper Ramo, then the co-CEO of Henry Kissinger's consulting firm. At the time, Rako who served on the boards of Starbucks and FedEx.
Read 4 tweets
Apr 29, 2023
Tim Golden at ProPublica writes about year-old declassified docs revealing that the Saudi who helped two 9/11 hijackers was a spy without mentioning the new, more troubling info we uncovered in @talk_spy.
@SpyTalker and I wrote last month about a previously-unreported military court filing that revealed several former FBI agents believed the Saudi spy was part of a failed and possibly off-the-books CIA effort to recruit the hijackers. spytalk.co/p/exclusive-fb…
The Guantanamo document quotes one former FBI agent, identified as CS-23, who says that the CIA has "operational" files on the alleged Saudi spy, Omar al-Bayoumi, and a "paper trail" that is still being suppressed. Interestingly, the CIA didn't rule this out. ImageImage
Read 4 tweets
Apr 18, 2023
The @nytimes has a big story up about how the Israeli spyware Pegasus got into Mexico, but the article avoids my 2021 report in @thedailybeast showing the key role played by GOP fundraiser Elliot Broidy and a Mexican businessman later jailed in the US. thedailybeast.com/scandal-spywar…
The Times' story shows that reporters @ronenbergman and @Nataliekitro had access to the same Israeli court documents I based my story on.

So why did the Times omit this critical piece of the puzzle involving Broidy and Jose Azano aka "Mr Lambo?" nytimes.com/2023/04/18/wor…
I could be wrong but my guess is it's because the Times is trying to build a package of stories on Israeli spyware maker NSO that they can submit for journalism prizes.

The Times' story today on Pegasus in Mexico follows an earlier scoop on the use of the spyware in the US. Image
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(