Arthur Malraux Profile picture
Jun 9, 2021 11 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Here is a thread containing 10 Clues the Eliminative Lust of Mobbing is Present.

I invite you to comment with evidence from the past 4 years you feel applies.

(Report any abuse).

(Administrative Mobbing at the University of Toronto, Westhues, 2004)
1. The target is a popular

A high-achieving person and solid performer. Popularity of the television show Survivor illustrates this – when a possible winner would be voted off the island because their skills and prowess made them ‘a threat’. Image
2. Lack of due process

Sophisticated eliminators make a show of appearing scrupulously fair, but vigilant outsiders can usually see through it. Image
3. Odd timing

Taking someone by surprise is a tactic of war, not respectful coexistence. Things unexpected, unannounced reduce the odds of the target mounting a successful defense. Image
4. Resistance to external review

Impassioned excluders want nothing more than that the higher authority and outside agencies stay out of the matter. “We can handle this ourselves.” Image
5. Secrecy

Eliminators prefer to keep their proceedings confidential, cloaked. Against this, Justice Louis Brandeis offered the sage advice that sunlight is the best disinfectant. Image
6. Unanimity

The loss of diverse opinion is a compelling indication the eliminative fury has been unleashed. When all agree on the need to put someone down, when they all demand it. Image
7. Fuzzy charges

Real or imagined sins are added up to necessitate the target’s ouster. Image
8. Prior marginalization

Evidence of the target being marginalized, ostracized, and treated with contempt before the offenses cited as grounds for formal expulsion and humiliation. Image
9. Impassioned rhetoric

The more fervent and overwrought the language used against the target, the less likely is the basis for exclusion anything but a collective will to destroy. Preposterous, paranoid, crazy, or even a ‘difficult person’ are all used to great effect. Image
10. Back-biting

Malicious gossip and whispering campaigns behind a person’s back are common attributes of elimination processes. The usual foundation of formal sanctions is the circulation of rumors and stories to discredit the target. “Did you hear what she did last week?” Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Arthur Malraux

Arthur Malraux Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @UnRapporteur1

Jun 28, 2022
In the lowest deep a lower deep
by Arthur Malraux

“To do ought good never will be our task,
  But ever to do ill our sole delight,”
  Paradise Lost, John Milton

We all agree, Trump’s GOP and the MAGA faithful are deeply enthralled in a ‘mysterious’ and lethal mass hysteria. Image
It’s growing in its intensity, to our immediate jeopardy.

We’ve seen this before: Germany, Cambodia, Rwanda.

It leads to a genocide if we fail to stop it. It spreads quickly, feeds on lies, and laughs at suffering.

I know it intimately, but I know it as Mobbing Syndrome. Image
Now, I’m not suggesting the past few years of near-daily assaults on truth, decency, and reason 𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘓𝘌𝘚 Mobbing Syndrome.

I’m saying it is EXACTLY that.

𝘔𝘖𝘉𝘉𝘐𝘕𝘎 is found in animal behaviour; crows often do it.
Read 91 tweets
Oct 13, 2021
INGRATITUDE.

Four bluish eggs all in the moss! 
Soft-lined home on the cherry-bough! 
Life is trouble, and love is loss— 
There's only one robin now. 
O robin up in the cherry-tree, 
Singing your soul away, 
Great is the grief befallen me, 
And how can you be so gay? 

Long ago when you cried in the nest, 
The last of the sickly brood, 
Scarcely a pinfeather warming your breast
Who was it brought you food? 
Who said, "Music, come fill his throat, 
Or ever the May be fled"? 
Who was it loved the low sweet note 
And the bosom's sea-shell red? 

Who said, "Cherries, grow ripe and big, 
Black and ripe for this bird of mine"? 
How little bright-bosom bends the twig, 
Sipping the black-heart's wine! 

Read 4 tweets
Oct 6, 2021
by Arthur Malraux

“To do ought good never will be our task, But ever to do ill our sole delight,” Paradise Lost, John Milton

We all agree, Trump’s GOP and the MAGA faithful are deeply enthralled in a ‘mysterious’ and lethal mass hysteria.

It leads to a genocide if we fail to stop it.

It spreads quickly, feeds on lies, and laughs at suffering. I know it intimately, but I know it as Mobbing Syndrome. Image
Now, I’m not suggesting the past few years of near-daily assaults on truth, decency, and reason resembles Mobbing Syndrome.

I’m saying it is exactly that.

The term ‘Mobbing’ is found in animal behaviour; crows often do it.
Read 89 tweets
Jul 10, 2021
by Arthur Malraux

“To do ought good never will be our task,
  But ever to do ill our sole delight,”
  Paradise Lost, John Milton

We all agree, Trump’s GOP and the MAGA faithful are deeply enthralled in a ‘mysterious’ and lethal mass hysteria.

It leads to a genocide if we fail to stop it. It spreads quickly, feeds on lies, and laughs at suffering.

I know it intimately, but I know it as Mobbing Syndrome.
Now, I’m not suggesting the past few years of near-daily assaults on truth, decency, and reason 𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘓𝘌𝘚 Mobbing Syndrome.

I’m saying it is EXACTLY that.

𝘔𝘖𝘉𝘉𝘐𝘕𝘎 is found in animal behaviour; crows often do it.
Read 94 tweets
Jun 13, 2021
Mobbing: A Familiar Pattern
by Anton Hout

Stories of the Holocaust fill most of us with shock and horror. To think of fellow human beings in such a degraded state evokes deep emotions of sadness, anger, and shame for the human race for what we have wrought.
It is painful to contemplate the suffering these people endured. What is even more difficult to comprehend - is that this was done to them by other human beings, and worse - that it was done willfully.

This was no accident, no anomally..
it was the end result of a systematic eliminative process. A process which was necessary to create the conditions where such a thing was even possible.

It did not start here.
Read 53 tweets
Jun 10, 2021
Awake, arise or be forever fallen.

“The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven..”
  John Milton, Paradise Lost

We all agree that Trump’s GOP and MAGA faithful are swooning in some ‘mass hysteria’.
It is growing in velocity, to our collective peril. We’ve seen it before: Germany, Cambodia, Rwanda. We know it travels quickly. We know it feeds on lies and laughs at suffering.
We know it leads to genocide, if unchecked. I know it intimately, but I know it as Mobbing Syndrome.
I was a Bystander and Target in a Workplace Mobbing. I was rapidly injured by it, just by being near it; by being unable to stop it.

In only 8 weeks, I had hypertensive crises and rollicking PTSD. It nearly killed me. Mobbing Syndrome is an incubator for suicide. Worse.
Read 42 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(