skye Profile picture
Jul 2, 2021 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
plant status

I never post plant status anymore because... well.... the balcony belongs to the plants now. it's completely overgrown, ...Image
I just... I still need to put up the long planters on the other side of the railing but I have no idea how I'm supposed to do that considering that between all the plants you can't fucking move Image
balcony carries 400 kg per square meter, so I am perfectly within the safety limits selfies of me grinning betw...Image
pretty sure at least 30% of the plant mass on the balcony is catnip. I have given up on trying to keep them happy. they always make white spots on leaves no matter how much fertiliser I give them.

and they won't. fucking. die. catnip on a shelf.catnip on the floor.
at this point i just tear them out and leave them lying around so they'll dry out and die.... but they keep on living. uprooted bunch of catnip, s...
I hope this little willow is a weeping willow. it looks like one. so I hope it survives. I'd like to have a little weeping willow in a pot. baby tree.
#insects these tiny black and white beetles seem to live on the plantains now. I have never seen them before in my life.

the balcony is also a paradise for spiders, but they're not as photogenic. ImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with skye

skye Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @stimmyskye

Mar 13, 2022
I am fully losing my shit trying to sand / file / scrape this piece perfectly plane. it has to be PERFECT I just don't know how to achieve that because the art of filing an area perfectly plane by hand is something I will never master my disassembled and cut open electric violin.
I was considering a plane (the tool, somehow the word "plane" means a trillion different things) but the piece isn't large enough and a decent plane costs at least 70 € for the tiniest version, more like 100+ for a regular one and just. no.
gahhhhhhh.

(this is a venting tweet. do not give advice unless you know from personal experience EXACTLY what I am talking about and how to get it done.)
Read 4 tweets
Mar 12, 2022
Einkaufen wenn du arm bist macht echt gar keinen Spaß mehr. Alles ist so krass teuer auf einmal. Tüte Chips ist jetzt 70 Cent statt 40. Klopapier kostet 20% mehr. Schlagsahne einfach mal mehr als doppelt so teuer. Und Grundsicherung? Immer noch 150 € für Lebensmittel pro Monat.
Ich weiß echt nicht, was ich da noch machen soll. Von Strompreisen reden wir mal gar nicht erst.

Ohne dir zusätzlich irgendwo Geld zu besorgen - was verboten ist und als Betrug zählt - kommst du damit einfach nicht mehr durch.
Hatte unsere liebe Bundesregierung nicht versprochen, da mal was zu verbessern? Was sollen wir dann solange machen, bis die das auf die Kette kriegen, falls sie das überhaupt tun?
Read 14 tweets
Mar 12, 2022
I am fully living the trash lifestyle by now.

this is not my trash. this is my collection of free plant containers, food containers and storage for various other things.

no plastic container gets thrown out without being reused at least once. two large bags containing various empty plastic containers a
you all know the problem: plastic lasts decades, and yet most of it is single use.

i say fuck that. I reuse EVERYTHING. my entire household is being taken over by "single-use" plastic containers - and they last, they are practical, and they are FREE.

let me show you.
these here are amazing for storing food, craft supplies, and lots of other stuff.

they contained food, so they're food-grade. if they held frozen food, you know they're freezer-safe.

if they close tightly, they are good to keep moths and other crawlers out of your food. a small plastic box with a clear lid that held frozen onionsa larger plastic jar with a stable screw lid that held instaa small plastic jar with a flap lid that held chewing gum.
Read 17 tweets
Mar 11, 2022
I know you've all been excitedly awaiting....

PLANT STATUS!

we've had very spring weather. ice cold nights, pleasant days. the plants know what's up.

these are the lupines, wasting no time at all. lupines in a clay planter, ...
I'm raising seedlings indoors at the moment. this is my bedroom windowsill. an old CD stand that's now ...
the Datura finally gave me a second seedling after the first one sprouted weeks ago - and then a third, and a fourth. the first isn't looking so great so I'm relieved to have more of them. four little seedlings.
Read 31 tweets
Mar 10, 2022
I managed to get my doctor to help me and now I have new meds. go me!
the last few days were a severe health crisis again, same thing that put me in hospital last time. but this time I knew what was coming so instead of taking every medication that I have in an uncontrolled fashion I took only a few and went to a doctor.
I know that doctor visits are rarely this helpful and they don't hesitate to turn you away. but the stars aligned, etc
Read 4 tweets
Oct 31, 2021
*muffled screaming* my nerves
I have 3 days left to clean the living room and too much to do in addition to that and oh yeah still doing medication withdrawal and in a depressive episode
maybe it's okay if I don't advance my life goals for 3 days
Read 9 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(