Magdi Jacobs Profile picture
Jul 8, 2021 9 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Was beating children for speaking their Native languages also part of the soul-saving process, or was that just limited to all of the murder and negligent homicide? theamericanconservative.com/articles/the-m…
Quick fact-check, here, as I try to suppress my nausea:
In 2021, I believe 3 sites have been discovered. At 1, 215 bodies of *children* have been found. At the 2 others, 751 & 182 bodies have been found, respectively, & could be a mixture of both children and adults.
Previously, a report in 2015 identified 3,200 Native children who had died at "residential schools" (concentration camps). reuters.com/world/americas…
Next, even if you buy into the revolting idea that Catholics were "helping" the "pagans" by burying them & bringing them closer to God, you're gonna have to account for the fact that the graves were unmarked, no records were kept, & the children were *missing* from their families
I'm not a Catholic, but my impression is that burial tradition involves marking the gave. I'd love to hear an explanation for the unmarked graves if the church was truly trying to do right by these "pagan" children. Would also love to know why their names weren't written anywhere
No, you're not discounting them. You're celebrating them.
"First Nations tykes"
Was the child molestation of Catholic children all over the world also actually a blessing b/c they got to be baptized & receive communion? What about the rape & murder of nuns in Ireland? Or what about all the babies & kids who were murdered *by* nuns?

Also good things?
Or do we only consider that

"child torture" + "murder" + "unmarked grave" + BAPTISM! is a soul saving exercise for Native children?

or, sorry, "First Nation tykes"

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Magdi Jacobs

Magdi Jacobs Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @magi_jay

Jun 29
The Republican party is weaker than it's ever been. They were historically slaughtered in a midterm election. A convicted felon is their nominee. They have a hard & low ceiling of support. You wanna talk about Democrats' weaknesses? Fine. Start acknowledging the other side.
The Republicans are running a race where they are trying to persuade *zero* voters to join their side. The conventional wisdom of moderating in a general went in the trash long ago. They are trying to get out their own voters & to *soften* Democratic support.
The race is tied, right now. Given all of these facts, the most idiotic political strategy is to bicker among ourselves & display a lack of confidence. They're trying to get out their voters? We respond w/ our own GOTV. We respond w/ inspiration & strength.
Read 10 tweets
Jun 28
CNN's first comments were about how Biden's performance was bad, based on the first 10 minutes. I don't think that's a good analysis.
Everything is about the first few minutes. Everything.
But actually CNN is doing well talking about Trump's lies.
Read 6 tweets
Jun 27
Why is it so hard for the American political press to understand that a person with a diagnosed stutter might actually stutter?
This is @JoeBiden's response to the first question in a recent interview w/ @TIME. Do you think he sounds "singularly inarticulate," as @NewYorker just described him? time.com/6984968/joe-bi…

Here is Biden giving what I thought was a compelling response to questions about the ME. I have underlined the part where he either stutters or misspeaks: "oil line." I've also underlined the reason for this error: he's already thinking about oil & the future of the region. Image
Read 9 tweets
Jun 21
Pitting Jews against Black people & vice versa is a PsychOp w/ roots in Russian propaganda. The strongest non-Jewish voices against antisemitism on this site have been Black Center-Leftists. As a white gentile, I am forever grateful for their logic, receipts, & moral backbone.
I vaguely remember hearing of inter-community conflicts in NYC. If such conflicts existed, they were locally-determined. Not national or at a group level. Nowadays, I see not only allyship w/ Jews from Black communities but real "Leadership" on the issue of antisemitism.
It's been incredible to witness. First, all this old Soviet propaganda popping up in modern formulations. Then, bots pretending to be Black people talking about oppression by Jews. Then bots pretending to be Jews who are racist. Etc. Many fell for it. Not Black Center-Leftists.
Read 8 tweets
Jun 4
The scientific consensus is that COVID19 is of zoonotic origin. We should ask why the @nytimes presents us w/ non-scientific arguments that run against this consensus, just as Fauci testifies in front of a clan of Republican witch-hunters in Congress. Image
The false equivalency of the press has gone on for so long that we seem to have almost exhausted our ability to respond to it. Whether it's the Republican party vs. The Democratic Party or, in this case, The Scientific Consensus vs. The Unfounded Conspiracy Theory.
Why are Republicans in Congress witch-hunting Fauci? Why do Republicans even care about the origins of COVID? What are their goals, here? Those are questions we should answer. We should then move on to ask questions about how the American press advances these Republican goals.
Read 5 tweets
May 23
I have been frequently mistaken for being Jewish—or even *accused* of being Jewish—throughout my life. This suggests that gentiles most certainly do have a 1)“Looks like a Jewish person” category in their brains & that 2) This category matters enough for them to comment on it.
I always hesitate to talk about these experiences b/c I fear claiming Jewish trauma as my own. I hope my Jewish friends will correct me if I unintentionally do this. I am not claiming trauma. My only aim here is to offer testimony, as a witness, to the totality of the evidence.
France: I was constantly asked if I was Jewish. I don't remember much overt antisemitism, but I was also pretty unaware, as well as confused by the constant focus on the "oddity" of my physical appearance. I was told I looked Jewish; Also that I looked uncategorizable/different.
Read 22 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(