jennycohn@toad.social ✍🏻 📢 Profile picture
Jul 8, 2021 17 tweets 7 min read Read on X
Dear @EACgov: In January, I sent u a public records request re: ur preelection investigation of ES&S’s hash validation issues, which impacted up to 19 states. You postponed ur production deadline until May, only to postpone it again until October, which is concerning. 1/
I wrote about what I know of this issue here. You hold the missing pieces, but do not apparently want the public to know about them. 2/ whowhatwhy.org/politics/elect…
Will u provide details re: ur 19-state investigation of ES&S’s hash protocols in your report to Congress? How about in the next public meeting and hearing? Or are they a secret? Transparency means nothing if u are only transparent when things go right. 3/ eac.gov/about-the-useac
@EACgov claims it is “committed to openness and transparency.” But its withholding of information re: its investigation of ES&S suggests the opposite. 4/ eac.gov/openeac
5/ Documents obtained from Texas show that, “about 40 days b4 the 2020 election,” the EAC “quietly investigated concerns that ES&S’s software installation & validation methods cld have left touch-screen voting systems in up to 19 states vulnerable…whowhatwhy.org/politics/elect…
… to the installation of malicious or otherwise unapproved software. The documents also suggest that ES&S may have initially misled election officials about this issue.” 6/
“The shifting # of affected ES&S systems raises the question of whether some affected systems did not receive proper software installation & hash-validation testing b4 the 2020 election. At a minimum, it warrants explanation. But the EAC & ES&S have declined to comment...” 7/
This is an 11/10/20 email from Adkins (Texas SOS lawyer) to a TX examiner indicating that ES&S may not have disclosed all voting systems impacted by its hash-validation fail.

This suggests that Texas may have used systems lacking proper validation or certification in 2020. 8/
The reply references a meeting scheduled for December to discuss this possibility, but @TXsecofstate has produced no records re: that meeting (in response to my second records request) & refuses to say if such records exist. Both Texas & ES&S have asked AG Paxton to approve… 9/
a blanket withholding of unspecified documents. 10/
I have no doubt he will grant their request, as he granted their prior improper request to withhold in its entirety a video of the system examination where ES&S was caught using an uncertified installation method. 11/
If Texas used uncertified or improperly validated ES&S voting software in the 2020 election, Mr. "Stop the Steal" Paxton would not want that getting out. 12/
13/ Yeah. This guy. The one who tried to overturn other state's election results. Can't make this stuff up.
.@threadreaderapp Plz unroll
.@Mdixon55 - Florida had voting systems potentially impacted by ES&S’s hash problem. From my investigative piece for @whowhatwhy. whowhatwhy.org/politics/elect…
.@Jason_Garcia - Florida had more than 2800 potentially affected voting systems. This is from my investigative piece. @EACgov wants to wait until October to produce documents in response to my January FOIA… whowhatwhy.org/politics/elect…
14/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with jennycohn@toad.social ✍🏻 📢

jennycohn@toad.social ✍🏻 📢 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jennycohn1

Jul 24
“When The New York Times disclosed the existence of a new multipronged right-wing project, the Rockbridge Network, backed by multibillionaire Peter Thiel in April, the paper named only one person with an official position in the new organization: its founder, Chris Buskirk.” 1/ mediamatters.org/january-6-insu…Image
2/ Peter Thiel, Chris Buskirk, JD Vance, Rockbridge, 1789 Capital, Tucker
3/ Backup. Peter Thiel effectively funds Tucker Carlson. Hmm. Image
Read 5 tweets
Jul 23
“Peter Thiel Explains the New 'National Conservatism' *** In short, it's using the power of the state to punish his enemies and make the world the way he wants it to be.” 7/17/19 (It was Thiel who spent $10 million to get JD Vance elected in 2022.) 1/ reason.com/2019/07/17/pet…
Read 39 tweets
Jul 23
Peter Thiel founded PayPal, which “continued to grow through mergers with Elon Musk’s financial services company, in 2000…” (JD Vance is the latest Thiel/Musk joint venture.) 1/ X.com
immigrantentrepreneurship.org/entries/peter-…
Read 4 tweets
Jul 23
Peter Thiel has implied that giving women the right to vote was a mistake. He’s also a billionaire, self-professed “Christian,” & longtime critic of “multiculturalism” who bankrolled JD Vance in 2022. Some Christian extremists thus embrace him despite his homosexuality (he was outed by Gawker). 1/Image
3/ Thiel co-wrote “The Diversity Myth” with David Sacks. independent.org/store/book.asp…
Read 19 tweets
Jul 22
“The American Moment ***
A JD Vance-backed project [and partner of Project 2025] wants to smash the institutions of liberal democracy. That's not good.” By Justin Ling, 7/16/24
1/ bugeyedandshameless.com/p/the-american…
2/ Image
3/ Image
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(