Mother of Tanks Profile picture
Jul 14, 2021 13 tweets 7 min read Read on X
Pixel Adventure Content™️

Got a booster seat with safety strap (like an adjustable seatbelt that clips onto his cushioned harness)

Now he can see out the windows easily. ImageImage
Lots of breaks…

Traveling with Pixel is a lot like traveling with a toddler — he gets fussy, he has to stretch, he has to tinkle, he’s thirsty or hungry, and he sleeps in between all that. ImageImageImageImage
I put towels in the bottom so he could reach the edge of the booster seat to rest his chin. ImageImage
Lots of breaks 😂
He was being so good, I got him a treat.
Chicken nuggets 😂 ImageImageImage
Like… where Superman lives? Image
Near Fort Campbell @101stAASLTDIV
Water breaks too 😂 he looks all sleepy because I woke him up. ImageImageImageImage
Double rainbow in Tennessee. Pixel missed it.

(Tennessee also has a ton of huge confederate flags along the highway, so that was… interesting.) ImageImageImageImage
We agreed that neither of us enjoy traffic. ImageImage
Another break 😂 Image
And now he has had a good nap, and some food, and he is curious about Charleston — it’s hot though, I’ll take him exploring later. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Mother of Tanks

Mother of Tanks Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Mother_of_Tanks

Apr 4, 2023
LADY BE GOOD
A B-24 BOMBER’S FIRST AND LAST MISSION Image
On 25 March 1943, a B-24 Liberator named “Lady Be Good” was assigned to the 514th Bomb Squadron, 376th Bombardment Group (Heavy), stationed at Soluch Field in Libya. Image
The crew had arrived in Libya a week earlier, on 18 March 1943, trained but not yet tested on real missions. But they would be soon.
Read 45 tweets
Feb 21, 2023
WINGED ANGELS & ANGELS IN OD GREEN
During WWII, more than 59,000 American nurses will serve in the Army Nurse Corps, at times working extremely close to the front lines. @medcoe
The Army Medical Department established a “chain of evacuation” in WWII, and nurses will serve “under fire in field hospitals and evacuation hospitals, on hospital trains and hospital ships, and as flight nurses on medical transport planes.”
Read 45 tweets
Feb 14, 2023
BATTLE OF SIDI BOU ZID Image
The next #WhyWeFight1943 podcast episode will feature Dr. @MarkCalhoun47 and he will take us through the story of this German Offensive in February 1943, beginning with the Battle of Sidi Bou Zid and into Kasserine Pass. So this is a primer to help make the most of that episode. Image
As noted in Saturday’s Twitter thread, the Allies failed to take Tunis after heading east immediately following the landings of Operation Torch in NOV 1942 and the major action more or less stalled in Tunisia.
Read 37 tweets
Jan 17, 2023
THE CASABLANCA CONFERENCE (Part I) Image
It was not unusual for President Roosevelt’s travel plans to be kept secret, especially during the war, so it did not raise any eyebrows when he took a special train north on 9 JAN 1943. Many just assumed he was heading home to Hyde Park in New York. He was not. Image
He took the train to Baltimore, then changed direction and went to Miami. From there, he got on a Boeing 314 named the Dixie Clipper and traveled for about 10 hours, landing in Trinidad. The next day, they traveled for another 9 hours to Brazil to refuel. Image
Read 38 tweets
Nov 1, 2022
SECOND BATTLE OF EL ALAMEIN (Part III)
Operation Supercharge and Rommel’s Retreat
We left off Saturday with Montgomery planning another attack, this time toward Tel el Aqqaqir, northwest of the Kidney feature.
Similar to the initial plan for the Second Battle of El Alamein, Operation Lightfoot, Operation Supercharge would involve a couple of Infantry brigades advancing and clearing a path through minefields, supported by tanks that would follow them.
Read 38 tweets
Jun 27, 2022
WHITE ROSE (Weiße Rose) Image
While I was aware of things like the Dutch Resistance, French Resistance, and resistance movements throughout Europe during WWII, I was really only familiar with those resistance movements in countries that were invaded and occupied by the Nazis. ImageImage
It’s not really essential to the overall series but in the course of researching I learned a little bit about resistance movements inside Nazi Germany during the war, including the White Rose movement which I would like to talk about today. Image
Read 44 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(