THREAD: I have devastating news for Mississippi parents who don't want health mandates on their schoolchildren.

I that describes you, please sit down and have tissues ready before I tell you about MS Code § 37-13-134. 1/
MS Code § 37-13-134 is the so-called "Comprehensive School Health Education Program."

But even if you thought it was really based on "health," it's not just "health education. Nope, it's not enough or the #MSleg to make your child listen to their propaganda. 2/
No, the state demands ACTIVITY.

That's strict authoritarianism right out o the gate. Right there in Section 1. I mean, if this isn't communism—what is? 3/
They even force this down the throats of KINDERGARTENERS! 4/
And the state doesn't even let your local school district decide what activities your community considers to be "physical activity-based instruction"—like learning to nap, perhaps.

No, ever hungry for power, the STATE will make your decisions for your kindergartner. 5/
HOW OBESE CAN A KINDERGARTENER EVEN BE? 6/
This doesn't even have a religious exemption—for instance, if parents believe Jesus kept giving everyone food because he wants us all to be obese.

Why does the #MSleg hate Christianity? 7/
But if you didn't like the tyrannical K-8 program, then let me tell you, it just goes downhill from here.

The 9-12 program is based on mysterious "Carnegie" units that appear related a mysterious and likely anti-American group calling themselves the "Carnegie Foundation." 8/
But who are they really?

Bill Gates and George Soros have both been photographed with people named "Carnegie." 😯 9/
Nothing in the 9-12 curriculum accommodates parents in favor of heart attacks.

In Mississippi, we don't have both sides. We just have the state's side. And if you think heart attacks are great—tough.

Does the 1st Amendment mean nothing anymore? 10/
Know who funds these organizations? COASTAL ELITES. 😱 11/
Now the feds want to take over? Could this lead to a federally mandated social studies curriculum? 12/
"Evidence-based" is what liberals say when they want to launder CRITICAL RACE THEORY into the schools.

I know it's true because I heard it on Supertalk. 13/
Mississippi's "comprehensive school health education program" is so authoritarian that it has a compulsory inquisition, and yes, the program can be taught in Spanish when necessary. 14/
What part of life does this not touch? 15/
"Physical activity coordinator"?

Make that "unelected bureaucrat"! 16/
We cannot burden our children's future by spending money on liberty-denying, compulsory physical activity that we could instead invest in their future by growing the economy via tax cuts. THESE ARE TAXPAYER DOLLARS! 17/
Who are Mississippi's authoritarian legislators to say that someone with a doctorate is any more qualified than someone who practices a trade? Snobs! 18/
Members of each school's health council were NOT ELECTED BY THE VOTERS. 19 /
Are they trying to sell alcohol to kindergarteners?

I just ask questions. 20/
I can't take any more fascism. I'm done. You can read it here if you want: casetext.com/statute/missis…

I'm late for CrossFit. 21/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with CONFIRM JUDGE SCOTT COLOM 👨🏾‍⚖️

CONFIRM JUDGE SCOTT COLOM 👨🏾‍⚖️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jallen1985

Jul 13
🧵 Dep. Tommy Mason beat James Hughey so badly in 2017 that he broke several of Hughey's ribs and ruptured Hughey's spleen.

Judge Percy grants Mason's motion for qualified immunity because Hughey does not remember enough specific details of the attack due to ammonia poisoning. Image
Mason's first of several motions for QI argues that Hughey's complaint should be thrown for failure to plead specific facts about the attack beyond Hughey's ability to remember them. Mason does not state his verion of events.

2/ storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco…
storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco…
Hughey responded by claiming he pleaded sufficient facts to overcome QI and alternatively that, the court should allow Hughey to conduct discovery on Mason's QI claim.

3/ storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco…
storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.usco…
Read 26 tweets
Jul 18, 2023
"My savior was betrayed by one of his chosen, and I believe we've experienced the same," a weeping Wendell Ladner told Madison County's board today, speaking against rental property.

"Judas was honorable enough to recognize the magnitude of his betrayal and committed suicide." https://t.co/FaBWhHlotz
This group of speakers got started with: "I want to remind each of you why most of us left the Jackson area." 🙄

"This development by D.R. Horton, allegedly, will be the very avenue that begins the destruction of Madison," Regina Edwards concluded.
Lee West opposes new homes not out of self-interest but to protect future home buyers from D.R. Horton, USA's largest homebuilder.

Lee subscribes to Rukia Lumumba's economics. He opposes out-of-state builders just as she opposes out-of-city contractors.
Read 13 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
Brian Flowers intends to contest his loss to Bennie Thompson and is looking for a lawyer.

Michael Watson is the go-to lawyer for delegitimizing Mississippi elections and for shredding black votes, but Watson is not currently available to sign up clients for election contests.
Flowers and his team are working to identify the Hinds County officials who were bribed.

Flowers appears to have ruled out the possibility that no one was bribed.
I agree that the election commissioner indicted for misspending funds should have stepped down, but the law doesn't require her to.

I also think Rankin County's tax assessor (indicted for sexual battery) and Magee's mayor (charged with hitting his wife) should step down.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 8, 2022
🧵 Declaring that democracy either is or is not on the ballot is too simplistic.

We are at risk of democratic backsliding, and many of today's elections will either increase or decrease our risk. I'll thread some thoughts. 1/
MSians overwhelmingly adopted Initiative 65, yet three of MS's four Congressional reps still oppose:

➡️ Decriminalizing marijuana under federal law
➡️ Allowing banks to serve cannabis businesses operating lawfully under state law
➡️ Allowing even medical marijuana *research* 2/
Moreover, the votes Palazzo, Kelly, and Guest cast against their voters on marijuana policy also run against their own purported view of government—they each claim to value deregulation, a limited federal role, states' rights, and individual liberty. 3/
Read 25 tweets
Sep 16, 2022
🧵 Tate cracked me up at "I don't recall EXACTLY what occurred then" because Tate's memory is not bad enough that he completely forgot his 2011 campaign. 😂

Anyway, Tate says the thing he doesn't recall is former Mayor Harvey Johnson's fault. But the good news is that... 1/4
...Tate says Jackson simply isn't going to need to take out more bond debt since enough other funds and better forms of debt will be available for Jackson's water/sewer system to be repaired.

Great! Let's hold him to it. 2/4
BTW here are the remarks at issue from Tate's 2011 run.

Tate can't "recall" this except that it's Johnson's fault. If Jackson won't need any bad debt, I'll agree to settle and "recall" everything was fmr. Mayor Melton's fault even though he was dead. 3/4
Read 4 tweets
Sep 15, 2022
WATSON: Does this new law I supported prohibit me from continuing to offer my office's #PromoteTheVote program, which I also support, as is?

FITCH: Could be, or maybe not.
Gov. @TateReeves is proud that he signed into law HB1365, which according to Lynn Fitch either did or didn't ban @MississippiSOS from continuing to offer Mississippi's #PromoteTheVote program as is.
For his part, then-Sec./now-Lt. Gov. @DelbertHosemann touted expanding the #PromoteTheVote program as an accomplishment he is passionate about in his 2019 responses to Ballotpedia's candidate questionnaire.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(