Shoshanna Keats Jaskoll Profile picture
Aug 4, 2021 14 tweets 7 min read Read on X
Where I'm at?
Dr Eilat Mazar excavated a Tel (man made hill) 17 years ago. Carbon dated organic material & dating pottery shards to 3000 years ago and found the ...
Absolutely incredible to see our history come to life. You "know" but to see & touch & to put in perspective really solidifies the fact that our people & this land are intricately linked for most of human history. The land of Israel and the people of Israel
Walking The City of David in Jerusalem with a Bible in hand means seeing & touching the words of our people, our history, our heritage. The verses of King David, "Jerusalem, the hills surround her," come alive and you understand when you stand in the center of everything.
On a VIP tour of areas not yet open to the public, I got to walk the pilgrimage road, see the layers being dug out, ash still visible, stand in the world's oldest lost & found, spoken of in the Talmud where those who found items would seek their owners. Our history is here
Three generations learn about their people's history and how nefarious the attempts to separate Jews from Zion, Jerusalem & Israel are. Our roots and our blood are of this land, for 3,000 years. Claiming Jews are not indigenous is not only denying history it's deeply dehumanizing
It's ironic, because denying Jewish history in Jerusalem also denies Christian and Muslim history. It obviously makes no sense to anyone with half a brain, but for some reason so many are so ready to do it. Cognitive dissonance is strongest when it can be used against the Jews.
Geography, archeology, topography, the things unearthed, all simply prove our history. One thing I can tell you is that the Jews & Jerusalem fell when the Jews were divided. The goal of BDS & anti-zionism is to divide the Jews because that is the only way we can fall again
No nation big or small, by violence or rhetoric, can bring us down. The Jewish people have one Achilles heel. When we are divided we are weak and then the enemy comes to feast. Our job is to stand together even when we don't agree. If we want a future we must learn from our past
I was privileged with an astonishing tour today of @cityofdavid
I stood in the original old city of Jerusalem, King David's Jerusalem where he built his palace, just south of the current Old City. From here he wrote of Jerusalem, surrounded by hills. Mt Moriah to the north, Mt of Olives to the east, Mt Zion to the west.
Clay seals with names of Biblical figures were found, hardened by the fire that destroyed Jerusalem, which ironically preserved our history and prove our connection. Yet Wikipedia claims the Jews here are "settlers". How can the descendants of King David be settlers on his land?
Olive pits & other organic matter were date back to the time of David. Pottery shards fit the timeline too, as does the topography. Cedars of Lebanon held second stories, and coins of the revolt against the Romans lay scattered in the gutters where Jews were slaughtered
In a not yet open to the public section, we walked the pilgrimage road, the same one Jews used to ascend to the Temple 2000 YEARS AGO. As it's described in the Talmud, it stands today, even the world's oldest Lost and Found where travelers cld find their missing items

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Shoshanna Keats Jaskoll

Shoshanna Keats Jaskoll Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @skjask

Jan 1
I see so much vilification of IDF soldiers, whether it's bc ppl don't understand war or they find stupid outliers making videos of themselves being idiots, or bc they take things out of context like video from attempted stabbings but only show the response. But heres what I know
The soldiers in Gaza are made up of young men married just a few weeks, fathers who race btwn battles with terrorists to be with their wives for birth of their child, to hold them a few precious days and go back into battle to fight for their future. Others are CEOs or comedians
business owners or teachers, men with kids & a wife at home. Some haven't yet gone to college or found a spouse. They are the pride and joy of their parents who wait anxiously for them to come home. They fight a war they did not ask for but one in which they play a pivotal role
Read 10 tweets
Dec 18, 2023
No matter what you think of Israel or Israelis there is something you need to know. On Oct 7th those of us who believed in peace, who dreamed of peace, were shaken to our core. Not because of Hamas. We know who they are. But because of the Gazans who slaughtered raped, & looted
Gazan civilians who came to kibbutzim to kill. When you hear people say that there are no innocents in Gaza, this is why. Bc they came, they slaughtered, and they reveled in it. They screamed ALLAHU AKBAR as they terrorized & murdered children.
Because the very people who most sought peace, fought for it, lived for it, were tortured for it. These Israelis had Gazan friends, drove them to hospital appointments, employed them in their homes & farms, ran peace organizations & sang songs of hope...
Read 12 tweets
Dec 8, 2023
Images of Gazan men, undressed with their hands bound seem to disturb a lot of people around the world. And my question is why?
These images are by far some of the easiest this war has seen. So it's mind-boggling to me why they are eliciting the most reaction...
They weren't tortured, they weren't slaughtered, they weren't burned, as Hamas did to Israelis at a music festival & in their homes on October 7th. They're taken alive & whole to be questioned. Why? Because some of them are the monsters who attacked families on Oct 7th.
Others steal food from innocent Gazans, beat them on the streets, and don't let them feed their families. Why would you feel bad for them?
Those who are innocent, who stayed for whatever reason instead of evacuating, will be let go. They won't be harmed.
Read 6 tweets
Oct 31, 2023
People are screaming at me 3,000 children!
1- I don't believe a word that comes out of animal Hamas's mouth
2-Three wks later were still identifying our dead yet they have a full list of names & descriptions?
3-They lied about the dead in the past
4- every dead child is on Hamas
5- Hamas has hundreds of kilometers of tunnels underneath Gaza and gives exactly zero to civilians. They used exactly zero pounds of concrete to build shelters for their civilians
6- they are actively preventing civilians from leaving the areas the IDF has told them to evacuate
7-Hamas had 17 years to build a future for Gazans instead they built terror for Israel's demise
8-Hamas has BILLIONS $$ & shares 0 with Gazan civilians
9-Hamas steals food/fuel/water from aid groups to force a humanitarian crisis
10- Hamas takes orders from Iranian terror regime
Read 11 tweets
Oct 11, 2023
Thread on why you won't see our dead: I see people demanding proof of decapitated babies & raped women and I want to explain something. Life is Judaism's highest value. For us life is precious & holy, many of our laws surround separating between life & death and sanctifying life.
Israel has never and I hope will never parade our dead and mutilated for world edification.

#1 for the dignity of the dead

#2 to spare loved ones that pain
For those saying it would help with world sympathy, I say if you need to see videos of rape or a beheaded child to have sympathy for families slaughtered in their homes, young people mowed down & raped at a music festival, toddlers abducted, you are already beyond help.
Read 6 tweets
Oct 7, 2023
I can't really type. Can hardly breathe. Refuse to watch videos & can barely read the news w/o falling to the ground. A literal nightmare with Hamas acting out their wildest dreams of slaughtering families in their homes capturing Jewish civilians & soldiers dragging them to gaza
Today was a holiday - Shabbat + Shmini Atzeret. We don't use our phones or connect with the outside world. But bc my husband is an emergency responder, we heard reports of rockets, infiltrations-- things we thought HAD to be wrong. HAMAS, IN TRUCKS? IN THE STREETS??
It can't be. Its simply impossible. We heard the concussions of the Iron Dome - one after the other after the other... Then we had our own sirens. I woke up visiting family to get them into the bomb shelter. My children, my in laws, all in the bomb shelter throughout the day
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(