Slytherins Basilisk Profile picture
Aug 7, 2021 11 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Lukaku to Chelsea 🔵 what does this mean for our FPL teams?

- A thread 🧵
First off, he's not new to FPL managers. He knows the league inside out

12/13 with WBA : 17g/7a
13/14 with EVE : 15g/8a
14/15 with EVE : 10g/5a
15/16 with EVE : 18g/7a
16/17 with EVE : 25g/6a
17/18 with MUN : 16g/7a
18/19 with MUN : 12g/1a
21/22 with Chelsea : ???
There are so many scenarios being thrown around atm. It's still extremely early to know how and who Tuchel will choose to line up with Lukaku as our ST

It could be a front 3 of Werner - Lukaku - Havertz. So many scenarios so nothing is concrete
I don't see Havertz as a False 9 with Lukaku as our ST but Havertz thrives having an all out number 9 in front of him

I expect Havertz to play as the RF/LF/SS or even the #10 role if Tuchel decides to switch systems. A formidable partnership will be formed
We can see Lukaku's heat map that he enjoys to drift on the right side cutting in on his left foot either to shoot/create. He doesn't mind dropping deep either

He loves being in the box. He scored 23 goals inside the box last season at Inter
Perfect clip showing the traits he'll bring to Chelsea
Lukaku at Chelsea finally gives us a premium captaincy option week in and week out. More headaches but good ones

I would be ecstatic if he comes in at £10.5 although I do have a funny feeling FPL towers will price him at £11.0 which would be fair imo
Our top goal scorer in the PL last season was Jorginho. A ST was needed more than anything and Lukaku fits the tag
Lukaku vs Kane 20/21

Apps : 36 | 35
xG : 23.43 | 22.17
xA : 8.39 | 7.58
npxG + xA : 25.9 | 24.8
Open play ⚽ : 18 | 18
Penalties : 6 | 4
Big chances : 38 | 30

Data via : understat.com & fbref.com
Two world class strikers no doubt. Both will be fighting for the golden boot again this season
If you're looking to follow more Chelsea #FPL accounts, look no further than these guys 👇

@FPL__Jack
@FplGerman
@FPLCasuals
@FPLSteve
@FPL_clinician
@fpl_eagle_eye
@FPL_Vibudh
@JoshDylFPL
@fplstonkss

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Slytherins Basilisk

Slytherins Basilisk Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @SnakeFpl

Aug 7, 2023
A deep dive into every Chelsea asset for the 23/24 season. My final thoughts before the Friday deadline. #FPL

[🧵] Thread Image
I really like our fixture run for the first 8 weeks. Back to back (H) games against Luton and Forest should ignite a lot of transfers especially if we see certain options emerging in the first two weeks.
Jackson's stellar pre-season isn't a secret. In this rejuvenated Pochettino system, he fits in like a duck to water. I'm predicting the bandwagon will start by GW 3.
Read 22 tweets
Mar 29, 2023
Debunking the myth that Bruno Fernandes plays DM when Casemiro is suspended. #FPL

[Thread] 🧵 ImageImage
The games that Casemiro was previously suspended in are highlighted in red, which are the games I'll focus on in this thread.

• Arsenal
• Leeds x 2
• Leicester ImageImage
Against Leicester, Bruno operated as the right winger, turning creator from a slightly narrow position.

Fred + Sabitzer were the two tasked to play deeper in Casemiro's absence. This allowed Weghorst to play as the 10 and Rashford to make runs in behind. ImageImage
Read 11 tweets
Mar 20, 2023
Saïd Benrahma (£5.5m) has caught my eye in recent games 🇩🇿

In this passage of play, he gets time and space to recieve the pass. He scans, controls, and threads a through ball to Antonio whose 1v1 vs DDG. ImageImage
Benrahma drifts towards the vacated space in the box . The left channel and LHS is where he's a major threat to defences. He's a superb ball-striker which often goes under the radar.

He scores a beautiful goal against United finessing his shot in the top bin. ImageImage
Cresswell provides the overlap confusing the defender on whether he should track him or shut Benrahma down.

Benrahma has a few seconds and cuts inside on his preferred right foot and has a pop at goal. ImageImage
Read 10 tweets
Mar 13, 2023
I'm considering Haaland ➡️ Havertz for BGW 28, so I looked at some of his recent games. 🇩🇪

Sterling/Havertz have been rotating positions against different opposition. There's much more volume of vertical passes being made under Potter ImageImage
The role Havertz plays is always an intriguing one. In this scenario he drops deep into the RHS, has a lot of time/space and opens up the defence with a superb through ball to Chilwell. ImageImage
I've been crying out for Potter to utilize the WB system. It makes such a difference when Chilwell/James are stretching play/overloading the full width of the pitch.
Read 11 tweets
Feb 28, 2023
The Art of “La Pausa”

[Thread] 🧵 Image
La Pausa - Spanish for "The Pause", this trait is extremely useful. There's a sudden change in tempo that opens up new spaces. La Pausa is the ability to temporarily pause a player —— slowing down the game by attracting a defender and inducing them to move towards the ball.
After a defender has been lured, the player in possession accelerates play quickly and changes rythym with passes, dribbling or movement in a direction that takes advantage of the fact that the defender has moved closer to them, exploiting the vacant space left behind.
Read 19 tweets
Jun 25, 2022
Press resistant midfielders are the most beautiful players to watch.
The one quality essential in all truly press-resistant players (apart from technical excellence of course) is awareness. They're aware of their surroundings before the ball touches their feet. Almost like a 6th sense.
Ball progression is key. These midfielders don't need high G/A numbers to be called "elite". The ball doesn't magically teleport in the nets, you need passing, dribbling, the ability to carry the ball.
Read 22 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(