Colin Spacetwinks Profile picture
Aug 9, 2021 8 tweets 6 min read Read on X
some recent-ish fave photos i've taken of maine
i don't think i'll ever get tired of that moody blue from intentionally switching the WB to the Incandescent setting for outside photos, especially here in my homestate. doubly so in winter
also reminder to self, i need to bust out my tele lens again sometime
what a beautiful place where nothing happens
need to kick my own ass into gear on trips to other places in maine for photoshoots while it's still summer, though. portland, bath, ogunquit, kittery, rockland, and vinalhaven are the places i really want to spend a day snapping pics. esp vinalhaven. so jealous of these photos
also want to revisit peaks island for some shots, and Definitely Not Find A Way/Place To Stay There Overnight Despite Not Having Connections To The Rich Ass People On The Island Who Get So Mad If You Don't Just Leave After Dark So I Can Take Some Late Night Shots
peaks island is also where i've seen one of my hands down favorite pieces of art ever, graffiti or otherwise. still love it
really, REALLY need to go through the fort at peaks island again and just take as many photos as possible

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Colin Spacetwinks

Colin Spacetwinks Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @spacetwinks

Mar 15
you already know what's up

as always for the sale rec threads, i focus primarily on older, obscure, and just plain weirder games, as big name titles don't need the help.

so, onwards! Image
In Stars and Time ($15.99) - an RPG that takes place at the end of your adventure...

sort of.

circumstances have thrown you into a time loop which only you are aware of. each new death brings you closer to victory - and another burden to bear. store.steampowered.com/app/1677310/In…
Little Goody Two Shoes ($15.99) - fairy tale horror, adventure, dating sim and more mix together in this little gem. young Elise is tired of hard work for little money and no respect. but someone has offered her a path to the easy life...

for a price. store.steampowered.com/app/1812370/Li…
Read 66 tweets
Jan 21
i think the funniest part of japan discovering our shinzo abe memes is the "what's with the See You, Space Cowboy thing they put in it. why do they like Cowboy Bebop so much" posts
japan discovering our shinzo abe memes -> japan going "wait, why do you put the Cowboy Bebop quote in your memes" -> (intermittent noise) -> "you guys like FLCL *how* much? you guys like FLCL so much that you're why it has had multiple sequels?"

"...why?"
i asked awhile back what was the American equivalent to Japan's seemingly inexplicable love of Ted (2012), a "you guys are wild about *that* thing?" and thinking on it, the answer really is FLCL, huh
Read 4 tweets
Jan 3
hey hey! after much delay due to life stuff or 'god i just don't have the energy in my brain right now', here comes the (yes i know the sale ends tomorrow sorry) second thread for continuing the game sale rec thread! Image
first, though, i'll pop a QT link back to the original thread for e-z browsing for people.
Masterplan ($14.99) - not actually a game! this is planning/organizing software i'm incredibly fond of. although designed with game planning in mind, this is great for tons of projects and organizing needs. you can even make maps in it! store.steampowered.com/app/1269310/Ma…

Read 42 tweets
Dec 21, 2023
it's that time again

(game sale rec thread time)

as always, i tend to focus on older, obscure, and just plain weirder games, as big name titles don't need the help.

with that said, onwards! Image
Boomerang X ($7.99) - a high speed, high precision first person boomeranger. incredibly tight controls and razor sharp mechanics make for an experience that'll have you feeling like a god as you chain your skills together... if you're good enough. store.steampowered.com/app/1170060/Bo…
Thirsty Suitors ($23.99) - skateboarding, cooking, turn based combat against your exes, and the pressure of your parents' expectations. you're Jala Jayaratne, you're heading home - and you've got the lingering wake of all your fuckups to deal with there. store.steampowered.com/app/1617220/Th…
Read 83 tweets
Nov 21, 2023
you already know what's up

as always for these, i focus primarily on reccing older, obscure, and just plain weirder games on sale, as big titles don't need the help. i'll be covering both the Steam and GOG sales in this thread.

so, onwards! Image
Anode Heart ($16.19) - don't go into this monster tamer rpg looking for Pokemon vibes - this story driven title takes after the Digimon World games. as the amnesiac robot Seek, team up with digital beasts named Tama to find your purpose. store.steampowered.com/app/1592750/An…
El Paso, Elsewhere ($15.99) - Max Payne combat, a hip-hop soundtrack, and endless supernatural beasts to blast. Stylishly tear your way through a reality warping hotel to battle the villain you loved, the lord of vampires. store.steampowered.com/app/1546310/El…
Read 45 tweets
Nov 6, 2023
hey y'know one historical thing gen z has that previous gens don't, they have them constantly, and then the things they're doing them for actually happen anyway, constantly, with no sign of slowing down

active shooter drills
you can point to economic graphs, you can point to some too-little-too-late climate change stuff, and you can keep ignoring the "jesus fucking christ housing seems unattainable and rent eats up huge tons of income" but boy howdy those school shootings
interesting thing where nuke drills became such a part of the national milieu that there's parodies of them to this day and people have (rightfully!) done all sorts of talks and studies on what the anxiety and fear did to the kids living with that, but school shootings: nothin'?
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(