Cas Mudde 👀 Profile picture
Aug 13, 2021 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
It's time again. Some movie tips, mostly from Netflix US. I've got 20 movies and series, so ignore the next 20 Tweets if you are not into movies (or think I have shite taste 😄). Here are four of the best. 🎥🎞️🎬📽️🎦 ImageImageImageImage
The Sound of Metal 8/10
Metal drummer goes suddenly deaf and tries to deal with it. Gritty, original, powerful, and unexpected. On Amazon Prime. Image
Dead Man Down 7/10
Fairly classic, if elaborate, US revenge film but still quite entertaining. For when you just want some violence and don't want to think much. Image
Monsoon 7/10

British movie about Vietnamese British man who returns to Vietnam to spread the ashes of his parents. Beautifully shot, the movie deals with many complex issues, but at an exasperatingly slow pace. Image
Hardcore Henry 7/10

Man is rebuilt as cyborg and tries to fight off bad guy in video game like point-of-view movie. Original concept but starts to bore a bit at the end. Image
The Clovehitch Killer 8/10

Original thriller about a serial killer who is haunting a small town. Great acting, smart twists, and original story build-up. Recommended! Image
I Care A Lot 8/10

Comedy thriller about a con artists who cons the wrong person. Smart story, good acting, funny plots, slight morals. Original and entertaining. Recommended! Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Cas Mudde 👀

Cas Mudde 👀 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @CasMudde

Mar 29
A quick #thread to contextualize the current spike in "anti-antisemitism" in much of Western Europe. 🧵
1. In postwar Western Europe, defined by the Holocaust and still deeply colonial, #antisemitism became the main (sole) indicator of racism in general, and the far right in particular.
2. Serious far-right parties in Western Europe quickly understood this and stayed away from both antisemitism and anti-Zionism (at least explicitly).
Read 16 tweets
Feb 1
If PiS is on board with Fidesz joining ECR, this should be done deal and game-changer in European Parliament. 🧵

politico.eu/article/former…
1. Before you continue to read, let me come clean: for months I have been arguing that PiS would not accept Fidesz as long as Ukraine War is salient. So, clearly I am not a sage!
2. Even after 30 years of professionally studying it, I still seem to underestimate the sheer cynicism, opportunism, and power-hungriness of party politics.
Read 24 tweets
Apr 14, 2023
Bart de Wever heeft besloten dat VB-lite niet meer genoeg is om VB te verslaan dus gaat hij nu voor VB-on-steroids. Absoluut verwerpelijke en gevaarlijke uiterst-rechtse propaganda!

op1npo.nl/2023/04/13/bar…
Nederlandse “journalisten” verspreiden al jaren onkritisch uiterst rechtse propaganda maar ben meer benieuwd naar wat hun Vlaamse collega’s doen.
De pijnlijke ironie is dat Bart de Wever veel van zijn carrière, en (media) goodwill, te danken heeft aan het feit dat hij de “anti-Dewinter” was. 😬
Read 4 tweets
Apr 13, 2023
I am a deeply melancholic soul. So, here is a #thread 🧵 where I'll post some of my favorite melancholic songs (whenever I hear or remember them). 🖤
Such a brilliant artist with a unique voice. ❤️
A Dutch one, from my youth.

Read 6 tweets
Jan 16, 2023
Because some people here do value my #MovieReviews 🎥, I have decided to use a special hashtag #cmovies and post them in this #thread 🧵 going forward.

Warning: most come from Netflix US!
Short series about a woman who revenges her husband’s death in a town full of secrets. Good acting and beautiful vistas. Last twist too predictable. 🇦🇹 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Image
Movie about traumatized musical genius and his unlikely mentor, which plays with a range of emotions and social issues without becoming usual US cliché. 🇺🇸 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Image
Read 81 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
Media are reporting on early + mail voting by district, often 50-60% of the total vote. So far, Dems poll only slightly higher than Biden in 2020 in FL and GA. Unanswered question: is Election Day bias (R > D) still the same. If so, numbers look bad. If not, there is hope.
Marco Rubio 7% ahead after early + mail votes (58%) in Miami-Dade, which was carried by Dems in 2020 and 2016. Given Reps tend to vote more on Election Day, this is very bad news…
Early + mail voting in Fulton County shows significant (3%) gap between support for Warnock and Abrams. Still smaller than most polls but I still expect Kemp to win in first round and Warnock in run-off.
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(