Gabriel Brunner Profile picture
Aug 23, 2021 12 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Is some sense returning? The region of #galicia in #spain has been trying obsessively to implement vaccine certificate for restaurants and bars. The regional Supreme Court has thrown this out repeatedly.
In this thread I will detail the reasoning by the authorities. Come with...
On page 2 of the resolution, "the right to personal intimacy, as the measure would mean exhibiting personal health-related data, which is, by European legislature, protected information which requires more protection and confidentiality."
"Also the principle of non-discrimination could be affected, as the [...] measure would lead to a discriminate treatment of citizens depending on the [...] certificate. [...] vaccination is not mandatory"
"a possible violation of the European Human Rights Treaty signed by Spain"
This is preamble but not comes the important part. It seems someone did do his homework here. "It does not seem adequate to demonize the gastronomy sector" the text reads, before getting to the nitty gritty.
"No scientific report [...] has reached irrefutable conclusions about the hypothesis that vaccinated persons [...] cannot spread the virus or get infected.
On the contrary, CDC has recently changed its mask guidelines [due to spreading of the virus in double-vaccinated Pfizer]
The resolutions then compares incidence rate of Galicia with other regions, and concludes that the region is actually worse off than those who did not implement this measure.
Conclusion: The Covid "passport" has been thrown out, which is great news, especially considering the proximity to France. There are, however, a few caveats: (1) the decision seems to be based on 2 pillars - meds don't reduce transmission - and privacy of medical information
BUT what would happen it the meds WERE effective? Would it be OK then to discriminate the non-medicated part of the population? No definitive statement is made about this. Would the privacy principle still apply then?
(2) the text does make mention of meds and masks being the unquestionable tools to fight the "pandemic". It does not question the efficacy of those tools to protect from illness, despite lacking any data to back that up, and it also does not question the "emergency"
This despite the fact there has been NO EXCESS MORTALITY in Galicia since Jan 2020 . So the idea that there is a health emergency, or indeed that there has been, is pure fiction.
It is quite alarming how many demonstrably false statements the resolution contains, actually. Nonetheless, it is important and the inclusion of studies on the effectiveness of meds on transmission is very welcome. @PanData19 @NickHudsonCT @gerdosi @FatEmperor @GirardotMarc

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Gabriel Brunner

Gabriel Brunner Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @GBGabBrunner

Dec 8, 2021
So BILL GATES has written up a long piece about what he thinks happened last year and where we go from here. Let's give the man a few minutes of our time, shall we? No? No worries, because I read it for you. Please follow for my comments. gatesnotes.com/About-Bill-Gat… 1/
Here Bill tells us how strange this year has been for him without much face-to-face interaction. He only re-started his social life "once he got vaccinated".
"Tackling big problems requires people working together across borders and sectors."
Read 23 tweets
Dec 7, 2021
SPAIN UPDATE: COVID IS OVER. FINISHED. ADIOS.

While everyone is still mask crazy and they're implementing Covid passes just to please their European neighbours, the reality is that Covid in Spain is over, and has been since end of September. 0.6 deaths per million people.
If we now look at the excess mortality we can see that the excess is really quite significant - but it ain't covid. Taking a false positive rate in PCR tests of 1-2%, the "covid deaths" that have been registered might easily be just a result of this excess death.
The problem we have is not Covid, but why are more people dying than last year? There should be an enormous death deficit after the huge wave last year which did away, tragically, with a lot of older people.
There isn't. And Covid ain't the culprit. So what is it?
Read 5 tweets
Dec 3, 2021
BIG REPORT COVID SPAIN.
Most Spanish regions are now introducing covid passports, after salivating about them for many months.
Surely there must be a new covid crisis?
Let us find out, region by region. Please follow...
You may remember my summer report, in which I explained why Spain's "4 waves" are fake, an artifact of overlaying regional curves, from regions with very different seasonal climate characteristics.
There have not been five waves. This is fake.
But what is really happening this winter, region by region?
Read 27 tweets
Oct 27, 2021
These waxines are great. They will protect you from getting infected, they will make sure you cannot die from Covid, and most importantly they will protect your loved ones, too. It is a two-shot regime and the side effects are very rare. Protection is long-lasting.
Except, this is not true. The above was the original sales pitch in early 2021.
However, the fact that this miracle drug never was does not mean that the actual product is totally useless and that no-one should take it.
The problem is that they keep repeating the same nonsense.
Let me try to put a more realistic product brief together. This is useful so you could, in theory, take your own decision on whether you want to use this product. (If it were REALLY up to you!)
Please follow.
Read 23 tweets
Oct 26, 2021
A QUESTION OF FAITH?
I'm not particularly religious as such but I'm a God-fearing man because I don't want to get into any trouble and I don't see any downside to it.
Something has got me thinking about how the church of covid has replaced traditional faith.. 1/
and perhaps the lack of it in our modern society is a big problem in the epidemic context.
Young people are now trading their chances of bad covid, which are predictable and depend on how you've looked after yourself and on luck (fate?) for a roll of the dice..
.. of heart disease and other unforeseeable effects of a product which is made by people who earn money doing so.
It seems to me that my conscience would be clearer entering the first game, to a certain degree determined by circumstance and nature's will, than the second one.
Read 4 tweets
Oct 25, 2021
If you get these waxines, you won't get infected and they give you long lasting immunity! 1/
The waxines don't prevent you from getting it, but you won't get seriously ill! 2/
Some people who got the waxines will of course still die. They're not perfect! 3/
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(