THREAD: Today's protest against vaccines in Oxford appears to have been organized by Dr. John Witcher—an MD from Flowood, pictured below, with a lengthy history of ethical violations that resulted in his license to practice medicine being suspended in 2011. 1/
The MS State Board of Medical Licensure's investigative director filed charges against Witcher in an affidavit available here: gateway.msbml.ms.gov/File/fileDispl… 2/
The 2011 affidavit begins with a recitation of background information about Witcher's prior incidents, including arrests for domestic violence, trespassing, assault, and other charges. 3/
The background information also describes a period when Witcher was ordered not to practice due to mental health problems. 4/
The affidavit then describes a 2001 investigation when Witcher appears to have been involved in unlawful prescribing of controlled substances to individuals out of state. 5/
Witcher somehow admitted to signing the illicit prescriptions while also claiming that he wasn't practicing medicine and that he was, instead, delivering pizzas for a living. 6/
This is admitting quite a lot. 7/
Witcher was allowed to resume practicing in 2002.

After that, the board's investigative division identified Witcher with reference to suspicious prescriptions of narcotics in 2008. 8/
Next, the Laird Hospital reported Witcher to the board in 2011 after they found him asleep and sluggish on the job. A urine sample found marijuana in Witcher's system.

(This is far from the most troubling thing in Witcher's record, but it is what led to his 2011 suspension.) 9/
The Laird Hospital report to the board resulted in these two counts against Witcher.

Witcher did not contest the charges against him and received a min. one-year suspension. See: gateway.msbml.ms.gov/File/fileDispl…

One year later, the board reinstated him. See: gateway.msbml.ms.gov/File/fileDispl… 10/
Scrolling back a few weeks on Witcher's Telegram profile, I see a great deal of anti-vax information as well as information Witcher shared from Sidney Powell and Lin Wood and—you all knew this was coming—of course he believes in Ivermectin. 🤦‍♂️ 11/
Witcher last week formed "MS Against Mandates LLC" and claims that Simone Gold from the anti-vax "America's Frontline Doctors" disinformation organization provided the website for MS Against Mandates, which recently went live. 12/
Witcher says he is putting up billboards. 13/
Witcher hopes you will join him in donating to his LLC. Witcher appears to be promoting his new organization by appearing on WYAB radio. 14/
Witcher (pictured below) is now affiliated with Baptist-Yazoo according to his current licensure data, although his FB says he lives in Flowood. 15/
You can look up more for yourself on Witcher's FB: facebook.com/john.witcher.35

...or his Telegram: t.me/s/DrJohnWitche…

...or his website: msagainstmandates.org/medical-freedo…

Witcher says his next protest will be in Tupelo this Saturday, followed by Jackson on September 25. 16/
I hope this thread is helpful to the fabulous team at @DJournalnow if they cover that protest. cc: @samrhall @CalebBedillion @AlsupTheWriter @TaylorVanceDJ 17/
Incidentally, Witcher is not the only Mississippi MD with a lengthy history of ethical problems who has been promoting Ivermectin.

Another is @drjohnhaiti, whose extensive disciplinary history you can read about below. 18/
djournal.com/news/tupelo-do…
Witcher posted this video of his protest against vaccines on his FB.

The "NO TO MEDICAL SLAVERY" sign 50 seconds in leads me to believe we don't teach about slavery effectively in schools. Slaves did not have the option to quit if they didn't like workplace conditions. 19/

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with CONFIRM JUDGE SCOTT COLOM 👨🏾‍⚖️

CONFIRM JUDGE SCOTT COLOM 👨🏾‍⚖️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jallen1985

Jul 18, 2023
"My savior was betrayed by one of his chosen, and I believe we've experienced the same," a weeping Wendell Ladner told Madison County's board today, speaking against rental property.

"Judas was honorable enough to recognize the magnitude of his betrayal and committed suicide." https://t.co/FaBWhHlotz
This group of speakers got started with: "I want to remind each of you why most of us left the Jackson area." 🙄

"This development by D.R. Horton, allegedly, will be the very avenue that begins the destruction of Madison," Regina Edwards concluded.
Lee West opposes new homes not out of self-interest but to protect future home buyers from D.R. Horton, USA's largest homebuilder.

Lee subscribes to Rukia Lumumba's economics. He opposes out-of-state builders just as she opposes out-of-city contractors.
Read 13 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
Brian Flowers intends to contest his loss to Bennie Thompson and is looking for a lawyer.

Michael Watson is the go-to lawyer for delegitimizing Mississippi elections and for shredding black votes, but Watson is not currently available to sign up clients for election contests.
Flowers and his team are working to identify the Hinds County officials who were bribed.

Flowers appears to have ruled out the possibility that no one was bribed.
I agree that the election commissioner indicted for misspending funds should have stepped down, but the law doesn't require her to.

I also think Rankin County's tax assessor (indicted for sexual battery) and Magee's mayor (charged with hitting his wife) should step down.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 8, 2022
🧵 Declaring that democracy either is or is not on the ballot is too simplistic.

We are at risk of democratic backsliding, and many of today's elections will either increase or decrease our risk. I'll thread some thoughts. 1/
MSians overwhelmingly adopted Initiative 65, yet three of MS's four Congressional reps still oppose:

➡️ Decriminalizing marijuana under federal law
➡️ Allowing banks to serve cannabis businesses operating lawfully under state law
➡️ Allowing even medical marijuana *research* 2/
Moreover, the votes Palazzo, Kelly, and Guest cast against their voters on marijuana policy also run against their own purported view of government—they each claim to value deregulation, a limited federal role, states' rights, and individual liberty. 3/
Read 25 tweets
Sep 16, 2022
🧵 Tate cracked me up at "I don't recall EXACTLY what occurred then" because Tate's memory is not bad enough that he completely forgot his 2011 campaign. 😂

Anyway, Tate says the thing he doesn't recall is former Mayor Harvey Johnson's fault. But the good news is that... 1/4
...Tate says Jackson simply isn't going to need to take out more bond debt since enough other funds and better forms of debt will be available for Jackson's water/sewer system to be repaired.

Great! Let's hold him to it. 2/4
BTW here are the remarks at issue from Tate's 2011 run.

Tate can't "recall" this except that it's Johnson's fault. If Jackson won't need any bad debt, I'll agree to settle and "recall" everything was fmr. Mayor Melton's fault even though he was dead. 3/4
Read 4 tweets
Sep 15, 2022
WATSON: Does this new law I supported prohibit me from continuing to offer my office's #PromoteTheVote program, which I also support, as is?

FITCH: Could be, or maybe not.
Gov. @TateReeves is proud that he signed into law HB1365, which according to Lynn Fitch either did or didn't ban @MississippiSOS from continuing to offer Mississippi's #PromoteTheVote program as is.
For his part, then-Sec./now-Lt. Gov. @DelbertHosemann touted expanding the #PromoteTheVote program as an accomplishment he is passionate about in his 2019 responses to Ballotpedia's candidate questionnaire.
Read 4 tweets
Sep 15, 2022
"In Mississippi, a state of three million people with the highest poverty rate in the nation, just about 200 adults receive welfare." —@ayewolfe
The page count of Mississippi's TANF manual is more than 4x bigger than the number of adults who receive TANF benefits in Mississippi. See: sos.ms.gov/adminsearch/AC…
In any given month, about two times more MSians claim bankruptcy than the number of adult MSians who receive TANF benefits.
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(