Skip Murray Profile picture
Sep 12, 2021 6 tweets 2 min read Read on X
3 hours between group home and shop shifts. Out and about enjoying the view.
Mural designed by my friend Geo and painted by members of our community.
Mural designed and painted by Geo.
Bike racks made by the welding students at the college. Instructor is Paul, one of many who adopted me and call me "Ma".
Town used to be full of Blue Oxes embellished by artists. Very few remain.
New biz working on converting their building into a mural.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Skip Murray

Skip Murray Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @imaracingmom

May 14
1/x
My thread is starting a couple of hours late.

It is the Q&A time with Dr. King - FDA/CTP
Dr. King is very strong on his youth messaging.

@ChaunceyGardner started his question with kind words.

@Hello_Alex is speaking.

#EcigSummit #EcigSummitUS
2/x
Alex asks everyone to stop spreading misinformation.

Reminds us of the day tobacco execs were questioned.

Alex is speaking with emotion. Go Alex!!!

Says consumers and the public are hungry for honest information.
3/x
Now, questions for the panel.
An online person asks about enforcement in other countries. Debra A. is explaining in the UK.

Zeller points out CTP and DOJ priorities don't always align.
Read 91 tweets
Feb 11
Last week @CDCTobaccoFree tweeted information about the launch of their 2024 #CDCTips campaign. This program provides tips for people who smoke and would like to quit. The tips come from the personal experience of others who have successfully quit smoking.
1/🧵
2/x
Several people who have quit smoking enthusiastically replied with what worked for them to help them quit smoking. I don't own a crystal ball, so I don't know what caused some of those replies to become hidden. A tech glitch or a human hid them.
3/x
But I do know that several people who quit smoking by a method that is not included in the #CDCTips felt those tweets were hidden on purpose because they believe that someone @CDCTobaccoFree doesn't agree with the method they used to quit.
Read 8 tweets
May 18, 2023
Late start to the TPSAC meeting.
It is go time!
Ground rules and committee member introductions.
🧵 👇 Image
Getting all the details out of the way. Reading the Conflict of Interest statement. All participants (except for the industry representatives) have been screened for COI. Industry reps are not voting members of the committee.
2/x
Up next is a presentation (I'm sorry, I'm not going to get all the names of speakers) that is an overview of the TPMP that they will be discussing today. This presentation was compiled by the FDA.
3/x
Read 94 tweets
May 16, 2023
Good morning from #EcigSummit!
#EcigaretteSummit
Thread...
2/x
Opening Keynote Dr. Brian King - FDA, CTP.
Tobacco use - adult, youth
Health Disparities
FDA 4 pillars - Rules, Applications review, Compliance & Enforcement, Public
3/x King
Menthol and flavored cigar standards
Nicotine Standard
Cessation Care Package

* Some people who smoke could benefit from lower risk products.
Read 158 tweets
Jun 27, 2022
I have been seeing a therapist for a little over 1.5 years to deal with my mental health issues. It's been very helpful and has sent me on a healing journey. But it hasn't been enough. A few weeks ago, I started this course.
1/x
soundstrue.com/products/mindf…
And wow! So many things are changing rapidly. I realize that for most of my life, I have lived in an almost constant state of alert. Knowing shit is going to hit the fan, I was constantly looking over my shoulder to see if it was here yet.
2/x
Add the racing mind of ADHD on top of that and you'll see a picture of someone who suffers from crippling anxiety. Lots of undealt with trauma. Lots of not healing from that trauma. Lots of waiting for more trauma to happen, because you know it's coming, it always does.
3/x
Read 10 tweets
Jun 26, 2022
The tweet I'm quoting rocks me to the core. Abortion is not a topic I talk about publicly. It's an issue that has torn me in half ever since I've known what it is. I think today, I'd like to share the stories of 2 abortions that DIDN'T happen.
1/x
My husband was 17 and his first wife was 16 when they got married. She was pregnant and their families forbid an abortion and forced them to marry. They both dropped out of school. They had a little girl named Kathryn.
2/x
Mark was home alone with their daughter when she died from SIDS. Everyone blamed Mark and it tore the families apart, with members of Mark's family turning their backs on him. In a time of unfathomable grief, Mark had to deal with it alone because his wife left him...
3/x
Read 25 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(