JimBob Profile picture
Sep 13, 2021 8 tweets 3 min read Read on X
One for the @OlympusDAO OHMies.

More recently there have been some comments that $OHM is already exhibiting stability during its ‘expansion phase’.

Here are some metrics to evaluate ‘stability’ through the eyes of an Insto investor:
Context:
OlympusDAO is currently in its ‘expansion phase’ (EP), where its objective is to bootstrap the network. During the ‘mature phase’, the protocol will then focus on stabilising the $OHM price.

There is NOT an expectation that $OHM should be stable during EP.
Beta:

Generating OHM’s beta to Bitcoin and Ethereum over rolling 30d periods, there is a decreasing trend towards zero, highlighting OHM’s return profile becoming less influenced by $BTC and $ETH Image
Correlation:

Using a similar metric to Beta, OHM’s correlation with $BTC and $ETH is also trending towards zero, demonstrating close to no correlation with $BTC and $ETH price movements Image
Daily volatility:
A stable asset is expected to exhibit low volatility (i.e. minimal price fluctuation around its average).

Whilst the daily volatility of $OHM is trending downwards, it is still magnitudes higher than stablecoin incumbents $USDT $USDC $UST $DAI $sUSD Image
Zooming further into stablecoin daily volatility, $OHM should be targeting a daily volatility of +/- 0.5% which would be consistent with the likes of $USDT and $USDC Image
Lastly, by categorising OHM’s return profile, we see:

Cell C17 & C20: OHM doesn’t demonstrate a clear direction when $BTC is -ve. ~50% of outcomes are positive/negative.

Cell C18 & C21: The magnitude of returns when BTC is -ve is much higher than outcomes for stablecoins Image
The full report is here😘

Just reiterating, there is NOT an expectation that $OHM should be stable during EP. This exercise will be repeated again once the protocol enters into its ‘mature phase’ where its stability will be much more heavily critiqued.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with JimBob

JimBob Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jimbobkos

Aug 26, 2021
IDO of @bnplpay happening on Sept 14th on @thorstarter

Here are my 'intern notes' about the whitepaper bnplpay.io/docs/bnpl-whit…

Interested to see this one play out.

1/x
1) Objective: Create a relatively more efficient method of banking compared to the traditional banking world.
2) Ecosystem information: Comparing both worlds, within the BNPL ecosystem, Node Operators (NOs) are ‘Banks’, BNPL tokens are like bank equity/shares, Stakers are like shareholders. Thus, the more stakers staking tokens, the more equity in the NOs = lower credit risk for lenders.
Read 17 tweets
Jun 29, 2021
A preliminary assessment of @thorstarter .

A very interesting project to tackle the ‘long-tail’ assets for the @THORChain network.

TS team feel free to correct anything I’ve mentioned :)
1. What is it?

a. Thorstarter (TS) appears to reflect features of an early stage venture cap (VC) fund, whereby portfolio managers (Council of Asgard) are tasked with vetting portfolio (launchpad) projects to invest in.
b. Portfolio projects will be those deemed beneficial to driving value to @THORChain .
Read 26 tweets
Aug 22, 2020
I’ve finally finished my 4-month pilgrimage of accumulating $RUNE. I see four simple drivers for holding a position in @thorchain_org which are adaptions from my position in @synthetix_io

Single chain chaosnet is close and multi-chain chaosnet Q4! Gametime 🚀🚀

Thread 1/x
1. Tokeneconomics – There is some form of intrinsic value (IV) to $RUNE, being multiples of the value locked within the network. More value locked = increase in $RUNE IV. How this plays out in free-markets is still untested, although the presence of determinism is attractive.
SNX adaption: SNX has IV by fees being generated in the Synthetix network. Increase in trading fees = increase in IV of $SNX
Read 10 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(