Twarda🌸 Profile picture
Sep 13, 2021 8 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Imagine Zniw Adventure... but with a budget☀️
Making a game is an incredible hard task. It's a commitment. Especially if you are a team of two people from some weird country in Europe. There's so much stuff going under the hood...
It's script, game design, story & dialogues, knowing the quirks of the engine, programming (thanks @KurasiuPL my dearest), all the art/illustrations/animations - tied together in a very fragile end product that has to be constantly tested and improved...!
Testing! Since we had no budget we relied on our friends to test things! Without these guys here the game couldn't be made on time (thank you guys!).
There's also the music (mentioned here @ProbDenis - who made the OST, and Pator with chiptune-like music).
And sound editing..!
Do you guys know how limited is stock of natural/animal sound effects? If you ever hear the same "eagle" cry in multiple productions, then that's why.
My good partner @KurasiuPL did a great work here again to enrich your playthrough with a plethora of nice sound effects💜
Having a fully working game you realise it's still not enough🌋

You gotta set up a Steam page, *have to* actively promote it, PR, act as a customer service, manage people & community!🙃
Usually, these tasks are done by separate people, and a publisher helps with some stuff too🤔
In Zniw Adventure those tasks/jobs have been done by two people - doing the gamedev after day jobs in their bedroom. That was our passion and goal - to create and deliver a good and compelling product. With all the community suport, we succeed.
It was a good ride.
Thank you💛🖤💛

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Twarda🌸

Twarda🌸 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Twarda8

May 14, 2023
There are way too many games with human and/or human-like protagonists. This is boring!!

Show me some games where you CAN play as something entirely else! ImageImageImageImage
Invertebrates NEED more recognition too😤
Here are some fun takes: ImageImageImageImage
Wow! Tons of replies overnight😳
Check out these two:

Zniw Adventure - explore a charming dinosaur world as a dinosaur! I made it together with my SO. We're working on a sequel now💛

Guinea Pig Parkour - crazily well animated platformer by my friend, a solodev!💜 twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Image
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(