Juma G 🇰🇪 Profile picture
Sep 23, 2021 5 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Former WBC Super Bantamweight Champion Zarika Urges Girls To Take On Boxing sportpesanews.com/ke/posts/post/… #SportPesaTBT @SportPesa
Former WBC Super Bantamweight champion Fatuma Zarika called on girls to pursue boxing as she graced the unveiling of the newly-upgraded Umoja Boxing Gym on Wednesday. #SportPesaTBT
Zarika, who is a @SportPesa brand ambassador, is one of the female pioneers in the Kenyan boxing fraternity and is an inspiration to many daring to dream in the sport. #SportPesaTBT
Zarika became the first Kenyan to win the WBC title in 2016 when she defeated Alicia Ashley in Michigan and held the title for three years. #SportPesaTBT
"I'm very grateful to be here and this is also my home area, so it fills my heart to see such things happening 

"I want to say thank you to SportPesa and everyone for choosing to help boxers like myself have a chance to realise their dreams," #SportPesaTBT

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Juma G 🇰🇪

Juma G 🇰🇪 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jumaf3

Jan 28, 2023
In most cases, when talking about a toxic work environment, it is always about a TOXIC BOSS, but none talks about toxic employees. I have had the privilege of being in charge of a small company for 10+ years now & I have gathered 10 characteristics of a toxic employee.
1/10 One who incites others not to work! There is always a "low-key" activist among employees, one who is like a big rat that bites, then blows wind so that u don't feel pain. For a small thing, they will incite a whole not to work, but turn up & work so that u hate the others!
2/10 One fabricates things to implicate others to the management. As a boss, that employee who comes to u daily to report others, what they do, and making them look bad for business, is the one you should focus on as thorn & bad for ur business. Mostly he/she is lazy & insecure.
Read 11 tweets
Jan 27, 2023
Top 10 Aparthotels in Nairobi today! 🧵🧵🧨
The average rental yield for serviced apartments within the Nairobi Metropolitan Area increased by 0.7% points to 6.2% in 2022 from 5.5% in 2021, with Westlands and Kilimani being the best-performing nodes, with rental yields of 9.3% and 7.2%

~ Soko Directory
Although aparthotels in Kenya are said to be at an infant stage, stats show the contrary to the belief with the uptake of the services rising. Consumers are increasingly moving away from the traditional hotel setups where everything is scheduled.

~ Soko Directory
Read 15 tweets
Jan 26, 2023
I have always gone to various SME forums, and my stand has always been that if you allow your employees to "own" part of your business, you will get more loyalty and more returns. But I always get a lot of objections to this idea. I don't know why. But here is my logic!
1/5 As a business owner (SME), come up with "literal shares", say 20,000. Then create a ratio to share it out with your employees... Give them a literal percentage that each one of them "owns". And tell them that they will be getting the benefits of "ownership" quarterly.
2/5 Now, your employees, being an SME, don't have to pay to "own" these "shares" that only you know of. Remember they have their monthly salary. After every 3 months, on top of their salary, add cash on top as a "share bonus" of their ownership using a ratio of each "share owner"
Read 6 tweets
Oct 23, 2022
Top 5 PR agencies in Kenya. Forget what Google tells you. Here are some that will take your brand to the next level without breaking your bank 👇
1/5 Engage BCW: They take the lead in instilling trust in most Kenyan business entities. They do; Corporate image building, Public Affairs and gov relations, Financial PR, Internal Coms, Social Responsibility, Communication Outreach, among others. They handle great brands around.
2/5 H&K Strategies: These guys are present in 40 markets and have more than 80 offices globally. They focus on purpose and performance through Communication, performance, purpose and preference. They are not that noisy but manage some great brands around the country.
Read 8 tweets
Oct 23, 2022
In business, when the gods want to kill u & ur business, they first make you arrogant, careless, & rude. They make you start seeing your own team as a burden, as bloodsucking ticks who shouldn't even exist... Then, there & then, things start falling apart, one after another.
The worst part of being a mentor is when u mentor so many people, they set up a similar business as yours, use your knowledge, improve on it, and dislodge you from your position, take over your very clients, to the point that you now see them as vicious rivals than your creation.
Every business has one or two great talents, talents that make the business run & recognized. These talents are to be taken care of, no matter what... The owner has to make sure that their loyalty is intact by satisfying their expectations in terms of pay, good environment.
Read 4 tweets
Oct 21, 2022
Pray that when u make it in life, as a firstborn or whatever, that God also gives u brothers, sisters, parents who will understand. Who will not destroy whatever u spend sleepless nights making so that they live. Who will say, "Our son, brother, sister, is hungry so we can eat!"
When a family stays in poverty for long, one one child in the family finally makes it, & he/she tries to get them out of poverty, they may get out physically (nice house, nice beddings, food), but actions, thinking, mentality, might still be that of poverty! Worst scenario.
The worst is when you are trying so hard that your home is respected, for it to move from "omba omba" to a respectable family, but your own blood, the same people you are trying to help, work hard to bring you down, by destroying the very things that are to help them!
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(