Bayern & Germany Profile picture
Sep 28, 2021 9 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Julian Nagelsmann on Davies' position: "Generally speaking, we're variable. Phonzie always has a different position. It depends on who is playing next to him. It's the job of the coach to put the players in their best position. But I also demand flexibility from my players"
JN on Gnabry: "In the past he had problems with injuries every now and then. You have to keep an eye on that. Serge is incredibly professional. For me he's very valuable for the team. Serge always has a smile on his face, he is very important to us"
JN on Coman: "King is doing well, but is not an option yet for tomorrow. We decided even before the surgery that has to train for up to two weeks. He made a good impression in training. We want to get him to 100 percent, he could be back against Frankfurt"
JN on having an almost fully fit squad: "A nearly complete squad is always important. It is always a requirement because it improves competition. Coco is already back on the pitch and running. If everything goes well, everyone will be back after the international break."
Will Kimmich get a rest tomorrow?
JN: "He'll definitely play. It's important for us that he brings his qualities to the pitch. We'll see how the game goes."
JN on being one of the #UCL favourites: "It's about confirming that we're one of the favourites. If you want to win this title, you have to win the most games in the end. We want to do that"
JN on tomorrow's game: "Three points are up for grabs. We want to win and stay top of the group. Kiev plays with a deep backline, we want to put pressure on them. If we implement our plan, we can live up to our role as favourites"
JN on the coming international break: "Of course, national team coaches also want their best players on the pitch. In the end, it's important to have good communication between clubs, NT coaches and the medical departments. We've to make sure we give players the necessary breaks"
JN on Robert Pires saying that Bayern is the best team in Europe: "He was a great player. And when a great player has an opinion, then of course I listen to it. In the end, it's important to confirm the things that others are saying.'

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Bayern & Germany

Bayern & Germany Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @iMiaSanMia

Apr 16
Oliver Kahn in @SPORTBILD interview, his first since his Bayern dismissal: "It says a lot when one of the most coveted coaches in Europe, who led a team full of difficult stars in Paris to the Champions League final and won the Champions League with Chelsea, has to fight so many difficulties in Munich. Bayer Leverkusen have played an extraordinary season in the Bundesliga. They have an unbelievable winning run, regularly winning games towards the end and in stoppage time. At some point this will scratch Bayern's self-image, but you have to recognize that another team is playing a season of the century. This was the only way to knock FC Bayern off their throne at some point. In Europe, things are looking different. The chance to be among the best four in Europe is there"

[@altobelli13, @cfbayern]Image
Kahn on the decision to part ways with Tuchel: "I can't judge what problems there were because I'm no longer involved. I always perceived him positively as an open conversation partner who developed during his successful time in Paris and Chelsea. His international experience can now be an important factor in reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League."Image
Kahn on how he will follow Bayern against Arsenal: "I'm very interested. I'm still a fan of FC Bayern and that will always remain the case. I no longer follow the day-to-day business, I'm focused on other topics and traveling a lot. But whenever it's possible, I will of course watch the games."
Read 16 tweets
Apr 9
Former Arsenal and Germany goalkeeper Jens Lehmann on tonight's game: "Arsenal are slight favourites. But Bayern are still a team with players who can always make the difference and also have the experience to win big tight games. From my perspective, they have more weaknesses than Arsenal. The organization, for example. Inconsistency is mostly a matter of organization. Arsenal also maintain a high pace throughout most positions. That is lacking at Bayern. And Arsenal are defensively more stable."

[@kessler_philipp]Image
Lehmann: "FC Bayern are unpredictable this season. Sometimes they deliver good results, then they lose unexpectedly. Arsenal, on the other hand, are very consistent – both in the Champions League and the Premier League. Though it must be said that they haven't been truly challenged in the Champions League yet. I was at the Round of 16 match against Porto in the stadium, and Arsenal were not really convincing. They only advanced through a penalty shootout. They didn't have real solutions upfront. But I think Bayern will suit them better. They're a team that usually wants to control the game. So, I don't see this as a disadvantage for Arsenal. But as I said, Bayern still have very good players who can win games on their own."
Lehmann: "As a goal scorer, Harry Kane is known and feared at Arsenal. Then Bayern have Sané, Coman, Gnabry, or Musiala; individuals who can make the difference internationally. Bayern still have very good individual players. And with Neuer as the goalkeeper, they have an advantage. These will definitely be very good games."
Read 4 tweets
Mar 22
Matthijs de Ligt in @VI_nl interview

• On regaining his starting spot at Bayern: "I've started 10 of the past 12 matches. And I feel like I'm getting fitter and better, which is a very good feeling. I started the season with an injury and that is of course always very annoying. I needed time to come back and then I also suffered a knee injury. As a result, I missed a lot of matches and at a club like Bayern Munich you have to deal with a lot of competition with international players"Image
de Ligt on rumours of his potential departure because he wasn't playing: "I think that mainly has to do with the expectations from outside. When I don't play, then a link is immediately made saying that I would not be happy and would want to leave. Of course there have also been matches that I would have liked to play, but I really have no reason to complain. I'm still having a great time at Bayern Munich and have been playing again lately. I never let rumors get to my head because I know what the reality is"
de Ligt on the Champions League: "The recent win over Lazio gave us a boost, new energy. The Champions League is a great tournament and anything can happen. We are in the last eight and now have two great games against Arsenal ahead of us. Two top teams, where I think we will be evenly matched. These are also the games that are in the spotlight here in the Netherlands"Image
Read 4 tweets
Mar 19
Max Eberl in @SPORTBILD interview: "There's already a lot of talk that there will be a big cut [in the squad]. But first I have to get together with Christoph Freund to get an idea about ​​how to finish the season in the best possible way in the short term. In the Champions League we are now playing against Arsenal, a top international team. We'll approach these games with courage - our goal is of course to reach the semi-finals. In the Bundesliga we are clearly in Leverkusen’s rearview mirror. We also have to decide: Who will be the coach from summer onwards. That is the biggest and most crucial question."

[@altobelli13, @cfbayern]

⤵️Image
Eberl on whether Thomas Tuchel could still stay next season: "The decision was made without me having a single word involved, even though it was reported differently. And that's completely fine. The decision to part ways was made together by the club and the coach. There was no discussion, no thought that we would not stick to this decision."
• What's your best argument to convince the new coach?

Eberl: "Do we really have to make Bayern Munich attractive to someone? I don't think so. FC Bayern has huge appeal and a very special history. Nobody from the outside threw in a billion and said: “Build something.” - Bayern Munich is one of the biggest clubs in Europe. The Bavarian, “Mia san mia” stands for itself: We are convinced of what we do. And we want a coach and players who are just as convinced and have this attitude."
Read 24 tweets
Dec 20, 2023
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge on attempts to revive the Super League project: "Nobody in Germany would move into the Super League, that would cause a revolution among the fans."

Did they try with Bayern [to join]?

KHR: "Yes, but they didn't come to me. They tried with Oliver Kahn, my designated successor at the time. Me, Uli Hoeneß and president Hainer said: “Never with us. We want to win, but within the rules” - PSG thought so as well"

[@Gazzetta_it]Image
Rummenigge: "It's not going to go anywhere. English, German and French teams will never take part. Then Real and Barcelona can play the tournament by themselves" Image
Rummenigge: "Serie A would become Serie B and the Bundesliga the second division. And do you know why all this? To damage the Premier League which earns more simply because it is better. Especially the Spanish clubs - they wanted to damage it [the Premier League] so they invented this tournament. We would then say goodbye to Juve-Cagliari, goodbye to Bayern-Bielefeld."
Read 9 tweets
Dec 12, 2023
Leroy Sané in @SPORTBILD interview

On the Frankfurt game: "That was bad from all of us. There are no excuses. We weren't present enough from the start - and Eintracht were very efficient. It was a Saturday to forget. For us now it's about showing the right reaction quickly"

[@altobelli13, @itstheicebird]Image
Sané on his duo with Harry Kane: "Harry is an incredible player - it's a huge pleasure to play alongside him. He has an unbelievable understanding of the game. We have processes that we trained, we know in which spaces each of us stands. But sometimes we have to react to the situation because things that we didn't discuss can happen. That's intuition. For example when I run towards the left, he knows he has to go to the right. We complement each other well. He's simply an incredible striker, one of the best in the world - if not the best"Image
Did you play before with such a striker who's an incredible finisher in front of goal, but also drops deep and initiates attacks himself?

Sané: "No. I've played with many world-class strikers. With Robert Lewandowski here and with Kun Agüero at City, they were different types of players. Harry often plays the last or penultimate pass before the shot. He does that incredibly well"
Read 20 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(