Scott Helme Profile picture
Sep 29, 2021 11 tweets 4 min read Read on X
I bought a phone from a large retailer here in the UK and they shipped a faulty unit. These things happen, so I return it for a refund and they got it on 6th Aug: Image
They had no other phones of the same spec anyway so they said they were going to refund me. By 13th Aug, still no refund. Image
I chased a couple more times and by 14th Sep, still no refund! They say it will now take them 3-5 days to issue a refund: Image
Of course, I'm not happy with this and the response is that it will still be 3-5 days for a refund: Image
I waited the full 5 days and guess what, no refund! I opened a PayPal dispute to get my money back (because I paid via PayPal) and 2 weeks later they tell me they now won't refund me unless I close the PayPal dispute: Image
If I close the PayPal dispute it gets marked resolved and then I have no protection whatsoever to try to claim again, but they are refusing to refund me unless I resolve the dispute. What are my next steps? Image
Thanks everyone for the comments/suggetions! My concern with going to my card provider (Amex) and doing a chargeback is that it went through my PayPal account for payment and I've read it can cause issues for your account, which gives me cause to hesitate on that option.
I've decided to escalate with PayPal as the retailer is trying to bypass the resolution process and as pointed out to me, they've said they'd refund me twice and haven't, so I don't have much faith they will do it this time! Image
I also just noticed they have responded on the PayPal dispute to apologise and say they'd issued a refund 13 days ago, so that makes three times! Image
Somebody copied the company CEO in to this thread (thanks!) and he said he'd have someone look at it right away. True to their word, this is now resolved. Image
I hope the attention brought to this results in better handling by the company for future customers who may find themselves in the same situation but not be lucky enough to have a social media following.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Scott Helme

Scott Helme Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Scott_Helme

Jul 3, 2022
Listen to that sound!!! 😮🏎💨
The Red Arrows are here ✈️
Driving around Silverstone with Chris Harris chasing me down in a massive truck 😅
Read 20 tweets
Jul 2, 2022
Awesome viewing for FP3 today!!
😎
A screen for timing and info along with the live action. Russell on a push lap!
Read 7 tweets
Jul 1, 2022
This weekend is going to be MEGA!!
😎🏎💨🍾🥂🎉 ImageImageImage
Time for a walk around the paddocks! ImageImageImageImage
Pirelli are here with the wheels and tyres on display for the weekend. ImageImageImageImage
Read 13 tweets
Jun 30, 2022
I converted my car to Flex-Fuel over the weekend! First long trip today and it’s performed flawlessly running on a high concentration of ethanol! 🌽🏎💨

The only hardware required was an Ethanol Content Analyser and the rest was done in software. Here’s the hardware kit:
The ECA itself is installed on the main feed from the Low Pressure Fuel Pump on top of the fuel tank. It’s an inline sensor that reads the fuel as it passes through.
Pop off the fuel line, connect the sensor to the pump and then connect the fuel line to the sensor. Of course the next part is getting the reading to the DME (ECU).
Read 14 tweets
Mar 11, 2022
Given the sanctions against Russia, it seems that CAs are now ceasing issuance for Russian domains and even going so far as to revoke certificates previously issued for Russian domains. Here are some for a Russian bank revoked by Thawte CA: crt.sh/?id=5828347935
This is of course problematic because websites still need certificates and they have to come from somewhere. It seems now that Russia intends to setup a government operated CA. You can download the Root Certificate at the 3rd button here: gosuslugi.ru/tls
Read 8 tweets
Mar 9, 2022
Welcome to Reykjavík, should I resist? 😎
Driving out of the city with @stebets, this place is mega!! ❄️🔥🇮🇸
Of course I had to visit @CCPGames while I was here! Eve Online player since 2006 😅
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(