Imperium Bidenica Elektor Profile picture
Oct 1, 2021 6 tweets 3 min read Read on X
@CriticalThotPhD and everyone else has been enjoying #SquidGames. I am a huge fan of Korean thriller cinema (not so much the television dramas but I think that's about to change.) So here's a primer on some essential viewing if you're Korean curious:

Oldboy (2003)
@CriticalThotPhD I Saw the Devil (2010)
@CriticalThotPhD Memories of Murder (2003)
@CriticalThotPhD The Host (2006)
@CriticalThotPhD Train to Busan (2016)
@CriticalThotPhD The Wailing (2016) (One of the scariest movies I've seen anywhere)

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Imperium Bidenica Elektor

Imperium Bidenica Elektor Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @TonyMoonbeam

Mar 29
I've always believed in donating strategically. And *I believe* that purging antisemites from our ranks in the House is good strategy.

This thread will detail where to put your money in the days to come, based on review of the House primary calendar.

1/5

@RepSummerLee ($1.16 million COH) has a primary on April 23. Her challenger is @PatelForPA ($238K COH) Image
@RepSummerLee @PatelForPA @JamaalBowmanNY ($630K COH) has a primary on June 25. His challenger is @LatimerforNY ($1.32 million COH). Image
Read 7 tweets
Mar 21, 2023
@VP will be traveling to Tanzania, Zambia, and Ghana this month. @GullahRehabbed will explain the importance of her trip to national security and opposing the Chinese Belt and Road project.

Let's put it in context and look at what's been done in the South China Sea. A thread:
@VP @GullahRehabbed To scare its neighbors into accepting its illegitimate claims, China:

(1) Instructs Kim Jong Un to fire missiles off the coast of Korea and Japan
(2) Directs large fleets to raid the fishing grounds of other countries
(3) Builds artificial islands in international waters
@VP @GullahRehabbed In 2022, the @vp visited the DMZ to reaffirm our military alliance with Korea and Japan, calling it the "cornerstone" for peace and prosperity in the Indo-Pacific.

That December Japan reportedly considered revising its rules to allow exportation of lethal weaponry to Ukraine 😎
Read 10 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
Lotta people are heaving misogynistic BS at @ChristySmithCA this morning. @jfchen is in the same hole, yet none of the same hot takes have been directed at him.

Here's my suggestion: wait for the ballots to be counted before you uncork your ignorance. Image
@ChristySmithCA @jfchen @GavinNewsom would not spend political capital on a lost cause.

As we have seen this cycle, coattails from a popular governor and Senator are enough to drag candidates across the line. Wait for the millions of ballots to be counted. Image
@ChristySmithCA @jfchen @GavinNewsom My hot take is that @WillRollinsCA is actually in a more precarious position than the other two, but I've not seen any of the same crap from people who ought to know better about how we run shit in this state dumped at his doorstep.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
Guys, we flipped control of the Kentucky Supreme Court and nobody seems to notice.

courier-journal.com/story/news/pol…
Dems retained their 4-3 majority on the Michigan Supreme Court....

upnorthlive.com/news/local/zah…
Dems retained their 4-3 majority on the Montana Supreme Court, which is the last bulwark for abortion rights in that state...@chrislongview

ktvq.com/news/montana-n…
Read 7 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
Y'all should get over your misgivings regarding these two because we're going to be campaigning our asses off for them shortly. The next Senate majority depends on it.
No, she’s not losing the primary.
Yes, I will go to the nines to ensure she wins her primary, just like I did in 2018. I don't have to like her to have her votes on things I want - judges.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
The forecasters spent millions on dev and design for their electoral models and other voodoo bullshit only to be beaten by a lawyer's Excel spreadsheet and steadfast commitment to the laws of political science
You know how I knew we were going to hold the House? Because there are iron laws of political science that people like @NateSilver538 and @Nate_Cohn ignored for fun and profit.
@NateSilver538 @Nate_Cohn My rules are not complicated and yet the punditry fucked up all three anyway!

1. Incumbents are hard to beat
2. Statewide candidates have downballot coattails
3. The candidate that outraises AND outspends usually wins
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(