Danny Sullivan Profile picture
Oct 3, 2021 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
And now some of the many costumes I saw along the way running @LondonMarathon — starting with the cupcake that passed me and left me behind. #LondonMarathon Image
The fire brigade kept us safe along the sidelines of @LondonMarathon and at one point, within the race course itself :) #LondonMarathon Image
There were rhinos and @LondonMarathon — lots of rhinos. #LondonMarathon
Peacocks! #LondonMarathon Image
Kudos for whoever ran as Nina the Nurse for @WellChild — well done! #LondonMarathon Image
Not a costume but still cool some of the live music we had along the way. Bagpipes… (sorry only caught a bit) #LondonMarathon
And drums. #LondonMarathon

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @dannysullivan

Sep 6, 2022
@glenngabe @RichTatum I mentioned this before in another tweet last week, but I'll try to give more clarity again. Most important, if you're a site encountering a change in traffic and trying to understand why, you should be reviewing ALL our guidelines and docs: developers.google.com/search/docs
@glenngabe @RichTatum It's checklist time. Do you follow crawling best practices? Do you have errors reported in Search Console? How are you doing with page experience? Are you doing things we advise against?....
@glenngabe @RichTatum Now sometimes, we'll rollout an update that can produce some fairly immediate and notable changes, and that's why we give share about them, to give a sense and guidance about particular issues: developers.google.com/search/updates…
Read 9 tweets
Jan 18, 2022
@backlon We’ll take a look. I know searching by headline is common for writers and yes, I’d expect this to show first for that. But it doesn’t reflect how most people might seek this content (and for how they might search, I do find it). But again, we’ll look to improve. ImageImage
@backlon Here's a follow-up on what's happening & what we're looking at. You do mention this, but it's not clear from the screenshot that your article is the first thing on the page (as shown). Because it's showing in Top Stories, it is getting deduplicated from the rest of the page... Image
@backlon Deduplication can often be useful. Doing this search in the way that user might by using solution-seeking terms rather than unusual terms in the headline, there you are at the top in Top Stories plus deduplicating means there's more variety from other publications.... Image
Read 9 tweets
Mar 17, 2020
I've worked from home for over 20 years. Some of my own tips, for what they are worth. Most important: define your work area. If you're fortunate enough to use a room as an office, that's now the work spot. If you have to work in a shared room, designate the desk or whatever....
Work stays in the work spot. And work happens on your work hours. Help your family (especially if you have young kids) understand that's the work area & that you're "at work." Conversely, don't bring your work out of the area. At closing time, shut the laptop lid or whatever....
Bringing work into the home requires discipline not to just always keep working. Especially on weekends. If you don't normally work weekends, don't start now, just because work is so "close." Keep work time and home time separate....
Read 8 tweets
Mar 8, 2020
Had to cancel my flight next week to Austin because SXSW got canceled. If I'd booked the flight this month, my airline would have waived the cancelation fee. But because it was made earlier, they won't. Seems a weird policy.
Update. Got the cancelation fee waived. I don't want (& purposely didn't) name the airline, as several have the same policies. I'd hope they'll all think through it more. But if you do cancel, explaining if something was directly related to coronavirus might help....
In my case, I pointed out the policy specifically mentions waiving fees because coronavirus concerns & since that's why I couldn't go to a particular event that was canceled, it seemed to make sense to waive the fee regardless of when the flight was booked....
Read 4 tweets
Jan 4, 2020
Wow. The Jakku display wasn't at @LEGOLAND_CA last time we were here. Nice to see it before it goes. ImageImageImageImage
One last visit to the forest moon of Endor at @LEGOLAND_CA ImageImageImageImage
One last Death Star trench run at Star Wars Miniland at @LEGOLAND_CA
Read 6 tweets
Sep 24, 2018
It's our 20th birthday week at @Google and we're having a special event today in SF to share a look at the future of search. I'll be tweeting a few things....
This is a look back at a big change in search but which continues to be important: understanding synonyms. How people search is often different from information that people write solutions about.
Last few months, Google has been using neural matching, --AI method to better connect words to concepts. Super synonyms, in a way, and impacting 30% of queries. Don't know what "soap opera effect" is to search for it? We can better figure it out.
Read 18 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(