- Budget Picks ๐Ÿ’ฐ
- Differentials ๐ŸŽฒ
- Players to avoid โ„๏ธ
- Wildcard Draft ๐Ÿ“ˆ

#FPL #FPLCommunity
Pros and Cons about wildcarding:

Pros:
- Target fixture swings โœ…
- Catch price rises and build team value โœ…
- Get Chelsea/City players without taking hits โœ…
- Get rid of failed punts/bad picks from previous GWs โœ…
Cons:
- Canโ€™t target GW 14/15 fixture swings as effectively โŒ
- Youโ€™re relying very much on a few teams (Chelsea/City) to deliver* โŒ

*The last point isnโ€™t necessarily a bad thing, if youโ€™re okay with having most eggs in few baskets.
Fixture Runs to Target ๐Ÿ“Š

๐Ÿ”ต Chelsea (GW 8-11)

Chelsea face Brentford, Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley in consecutive games, which can not be described in any other way than as a fantastic fixture run. I expect 4 wins and between 2 and 4 clean sheets during this run of fixtures.
๐Ÿ’Ž Man City (GW 8-10)

Itโ€™s often difficult to predict what 11 players thatโ€™ll start for Man City but if we get it right in the next few GWs, the potential reward is huge. Burnley, Brighton and Crystal Palace up next making both the defensive and the offensive players great picks
โšช๏ธ Leeds (GW 8-15)

Leeds havenโ€™t really impressed this season, but they are looking to build on the crucial win vs Watford in GW 7. With a long lasting run of great fixtures coming up, Iโ€™d recommend having at least one Leeds player in your wildcard team.
๐Ÿ”ด Arsenal (GW 8-11)

After the disastrous start of the season Arsenal are now unbeaten 4 games in a row, a streak that weโ€™re likely to see extended considering the upcoming fixtures. You can find a lot of budget friendly/good value picks in Arsenal, such as White and Smith Rowe.
๐ŸŸ  Wolves (GW 8-14)

With a good run of fixtures, short term and long term, Wolves players are definitely good picks on a wildcard. Theyโ€™re solid both offensively and defensively, so Sa, Semedo, Jimenez and Hwang all look like great options.
Fixture run to plan for:

๐Ÿ”ด Brentford (GW 10-16)

Brentford donโ€™t have great fixtures in GW 8 & 9 (Chelsea and Leicester), but after that the fixtures take a real turn to the good. In order to be able to maneuver that swing, Iโ€™d pick at least 1 Brentford player in a WC team.
Fixture Run to Avoid:

๐Ÿ”ด Man United (GW 8-11)

Leicester in GW 8 might not be a very tough fixture, but after that Man Utd face Liverpool, Tottenham and Man City. Hence I canโ€™t see that the expensive Man United assets (Shaw, Bruno, Ronaldo) will give value for money. Avoid!
Wildcard Foundations โš™๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Salah - 12.5
๐Ÿ”ด Trent - 7.5 (If fit)
๐Ÿ”ต Lukaku - 11.7
๐Ÿ”ต Rรผdiger - 5.8
๐Ÿ’Ž Cancelo - 6.2
Wildcard Budget Picks ๐Ÿ’ฐ

๐Ÿ”ด Ramsdale - 4.6
๐Ÿ”ด Livramento - 4.2
๐Ÿ”ต Christensen - 5.0

๐Ÿ”ต Doucourรฉ - 5.6
๐Ÿ”ด Smith Rowe - 5.3

๐Ÿ”ด Armstrong - 6.0
Wildcard Differentials ๐ŸŽฒ

๐Ÿ Bryan Mbuemo - 5.5
TSB: 1.3%

Mbeumo has averaged an xG of 0.5 per game this season, elite numbers considering his really low price. He has everything; great stats, good fixtures and low ownership!
๐ŸŸ  Hee-Chan Hwang - 5.6
TSB: 3.7%

Hwang scored a brace in GW 7, a brace that should secure his place in the starting eleven for the next few games. Considering Wolves great fixture run and Hwangโ€™s low price he looks like a good enabler and differential
๐Ÿ’Ž Kevin De Bruyne - 11.9
TSB: 1.9%

KDB is back and when heโ€™s fit, heโ€™s pretty much nailed to start for Man City. He offers massive attacking threat and with appealing fixtures he is the perfect differential. The only big con is, obviously, the high price.
๐Ÿ’Ž Phil Foden - 7.9
TSB: 1.6%

If you canโ€™t afford KDB, Foden offers a cheap route into the Man City attack. When he plays, heโ€™s a great FPL asset. I actually expect him to get a lot of game time in the upcoming GWs, but if not, itโ€™s not something that a strong bench canโ€™t cover.
โšช๏ธ Heung Min Son - 10.0
TSB: 13.0%

Son scored a 10 pointer in GW 7 thanks to 2 assists and itโ€™s definitely possible that he does it again in GW 8. Newcastle (A) is a superb fixture. A bit expensive, but likely to pay back with goal involvements.
Other Differentials ๐ŸŽฒ

๐Ÿ Raya - 4.6
๐Ÿ’Ž Laporte - 5.5
๐Ÿ”ด Saka - 6.3
๐Ÿ’Ž Torres - 6.9
๐ŸŸ  Jimenez - 7.5
๐Ÿ Toney - 6.3
Wildcard - Players to Avoid โ„๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Cristiano Ronaldo - 12.6

With really tough fixtures coming up for Man United, I find it hard to believe that investing 12.6m in Ronaldo is a good idea. Even though he scored 3 goals in his first 2 games...
... Man United donโ€™t play at the level that they would need to in order to justify the heavy price tag.
๐ŸŸฃ Saรฏd Benrahma - 6.6

Post GW 2, Said Benrahmaโ€™s only return has been a goal from a deflected shot vs Man Utd. With Europa League games, rotation will increase and West Hamโ€™s fixture take a negative turn now. Antonio is the best pick from West Ham, a double up is a bit too much
๐Ÿ”ด Luke Shaw - 5.4

Despite being the highest owned FPL player in GW 1, Shaw has only averaged 2.9 points per game this season. Considering Man Utdโ€™s fixtures I would definitely go for a Chelsea or City defender instead, with better CS potential.
Wildcard Draft ๐Ÿ“ˆ

I am playing my wildcard this week, and this is how my current draft looks โคต๏ธ
Thanks for reading this thread, I hope it was useful.

My regular GW Thread will be posted next Wednesday as usual.

If you enjoyed reading this thread, drop a follow ๐Ÿ™Œ

RTs โ™ป๏ธ and Likes โค๏ธ appreciated

#FPL #FPLCommunity

โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
ใ€€

Keep Current with FPL Architect

FPL Architect Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @FPL_Architect

Sep 26
GW 6 Thread ๐Ÿงต

- Fixture to target
- Player recommendation
- Player to keep
- Wildcard
- Tips
- Captaincy
- Differentials
- My team Image
GW 5 Notes - Teams โœ๏ธ

โš’๏ธ West Ham - Awful performance and a 3-0 loss vs Chelsea. Avoid all West Ham players for now.

โšช๏ธ Spurs - 3 goals scored and 3.52 xG created vs Brentford. Great fixture run from GW 8, prepare to bring in at least one Spurs attacker.
GW 5 Notes - Players โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Diaz - 2 goals and 16 FPL pts vs BOU, now up to 51 pts in 5 GWs. Heโ€™s in incredible form, but how long can he keep this up?

โšช๏ธ Solanke - Scored his first goal for Spurs and had 1.61 xG in GW 5. Decent pick for wildcarders.
Read 16 tweets
Sep 19
GW 5 Thread ๐Ÿงต

- Fixture to target
- Player recommendation
- Player to keep
- Tips
- Captaincy
- Differentials
- Wildcard
- My team Image
GW 4 Notes - Teams โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Arsenal - 3rd CS in 4 games, with only 0.74 xG conceded. Double Arsenal defence seems close to essential from GW 6.

๐ŸŒณ Nottingham Forest - A win and a CS at Anfield. Undefeated so far this season.
GW 4 Notes - Players โœ๏ธ

๐ŸŸฃ Watkins - 2 goals and 13 FPL pts vs Everton. 0.93 xG/90 so far this season.

๐Ÿ‘• Haaland - 2 more goals, now up to 9 goals and 54 FPL pts in 4 GWs. Truly an insane start to the season.
Read 14 tweets
Sep 12
GW 4 Thread ๐Ÿงต

- Fixture to target
- Player recommendation
- Player to keep
- Tips
- Captaincy
- Differentials
- Wildcard
- My team Image
GW 3 Notes - Teams โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Liverpool - 3rd game, 3rd win, 3rd CS. +7 in total goal difference. Looks very solid so far this season.

๐Ÿ”ต Everton - Up 2-0 after 86 mins, lost the game 2-3. 3 straight losses and 10 goals conceded in 3 games. Terrible start to the season.
GW 3 Notes - Players โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ Mbeumo - 2 goals and 14 pts vs SOU. 3 goals in 3 games now this season, and great fixtures from GW 6.

๐Ÿ”ต Calvert-Lewin - 1 goal and 1 assist in GW 3, and has an excellent fixture run that starts in GW 5. Potential 3rd FWD on WC 4 even?
Read 14 tweets
Aug 29
GW 3 Thread ๐Ÿงต

- Fixture to target
- Player recommendation
- Player to keep
- Tips
- Captaincy
- Differentials
- Wildcard
- My team Image
GW 2 Notes - Teams โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Arsenal - Another CS, although a bit lucky this time. Still, itโ€™s worth keeping in mind that they can keep a CS even in tough fixtures.

๐Ÿ‘• Man City - 3.34 xG created and 4 goals scored vs Ipswich. Excellent attacking performance, as expected.
GW 2 Notes - Players โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ต Palmer - 1 goal, 3 assists and 17 FPL pts vs Wolves. Incredible performance, looked like the Palmer of last season.

๐Ÿ”ด Raya - 2 save points and 4 bonus points in the first 2 GWs this season. Had a total of only 6 BPs in 32 games last season.
Read 14 tweets
Aug 22
GW 2 Thread ๐Ÿงต

- Fixture to target
- Quansah: Keep or sell?
- Player recommendation
- Tips
- Captaincy
- Differentials
- Wildcard
- My team Image
GW 1 Notes - Teams โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Arsenal - Very solid performance. Only 0.47 xGC. Still the best defence in the league.

๐Ÿ”ด Liverpool - 2-0 win, with 2.65 xG created and only 0.45 conceded. Good fixtures ahead as well, with 3 home games in the next 4 GWs.
GW 1 Notes - Players โœ๏ธ

๐Ÿ”ด Salah - Never doubt the ๐Ÿ‘‘. 1 goal, 1 assist and 14 FPL points in GW 1. Just as good as he usually starts the season.

๐ŸฆŠ Vardy - Back in the PL, and scored immediately. Might become an option at some point, at 5.5m.
Read 15 tweets
Aug 15
GW 1 Thread ๐Ÿงต

- Fixtures to target
- Fixture runs to target
- Player recommendations
- Player to avoid
- Tips
- Captaincy
- Differentials
- My team Image
GW 1 Fixtures to target ๐ŸŽฏ

โšซ๏ธโšช๏ธ NEW vs: SOU (H)

This is a perfect fixture to target, especially for Newcastle attackers. Newcastle are usually very good in home games, and Southampton (H) is a fixture primed for goals. Isak, Gordon and Murphy are all very good picks for GW 1.
๐Ÿ”ด ARS vs WOL (H)

Arsenal have the best defence in the league, and kept 18 clean sheets last season. This is, without a doubt, the best fixture to target for CS points in GW1. Arsenalโ€™s first 5 fixtures include 3 difficult games, but this one could easily finish 3-0 to Arsenal.
Read 19 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(