Lazarus Long Profile picture
Oct 10, 2021 7 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Dead on.

He then recommends this brilliant satirical piece by @JHowardBrainMD.

sciencebasedmedicine.org/a-modest-propo…

It's short, but I brought it up in a thread.

Let's close all pediatric cancer hospitals.
@LongDesertTrain @LauraMiers @SprkJoy4BtrDays @Loretta_Torrago @wexlerwriting
I suspect will particularly appreciate this take on children's CoVid.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @LazarusLong13

Aug 23
Respectfully, this 👇 is wrong.

We are in a war with a virus, and a society allied with a virus. You can lie during war to protect yourself.

As someone who is actually immunocompromised, I sign off on everyone saying they are immunocompromised to get others to mask.

/1
Just saw someone in a COVIDing group suggest someone else feign being immunocompromised to get an accommodation to mask and, while I can understand the desire to do this, I am BEGGING people not to. That is EXACTLY what people assume about disabled people when we request accommodations (that we are lying) and people actually lying is going to make our lives much harder. Please find another way.
This👇 is silly.

As someone who has used "Never mind this, I am immunocompromised, " many times to defuse situations and get my protection?, here's what happens.

'Immunocompromised? What's that?'

"My immune system isn't very good at fighting

/2 That is EXACTLY what people assume about disabled people when we request accommodations (that we are lying) and people actually lying is going to make our lives much harder. Please find another way.
viruses, fungi, and bacteria. "

'Oh. I am so sorry, honey.'

"No big deal, I just have to be more careful. By the way, if you notice yourself getting sick more? Covid wears down your immune system. An awful lot of people started out with no mask, and now have to mask.

/3
Read 9 tweets
Aug 22
In June 2024, 27% of Americans thought COVID-19 was a large or moderate risk to their health.

Now? 32 %!!

Before 8% were wearing masks all the time

Now? 13%!!

H /t @AcrossTheMersey

axios.com/2024/08/22/pol…
How much respondents say contracting COVID-19 is a risk to their health and wellbeing Surveys of at least 1,000 U.S. adults conducted February 2023 to August 2024
63% said they have a great deal or fair amount of trust in the @CDCgov.

Which explains why 52% think the pandemic is over, and regard the risk of covid the same as flu or RSV.

Which is exactly what @CDCDirector wanted.
Driving the news: With infections believed to be growing in more than two dozen states and the Food and Drug Administration poised to approve updated vaccines as soon as this week, 32% of those polled said COVID poses a large or moderate risk to their health, compared with 27% in early June.  But they rate the risk about the same as that for the flu, RSV or other respiratory illnesses — and 52% strongly or somewhat agree that the pandemic is over.
Nearly one-third of Americans see COVID as a threat to their health, but the summertime wave of infections hasn't changed the widespread belief that the virus is no worse than seasonal flu, according to the latest Axios-Ipsos American Health Index.  Why it matters: Comparing COVID to the flu was once an incendiary political talking point. Now, it's where many people have landed.
@CDCgov @CDCDirector We can see Cohen set up Covid as a seasonal virus just like Flu and RSV here, as an example.

She was everywhere talking about this conflation of Covid with flu and RSV.

Read 6 tweets
Aug 22
Thank you to @AdvancedTweaker for the sweet #swimN95, #swimmingN95, #lapN95 thread!

I am blessed to have a lake nearby, right now, but have been trying to crack this nut.

I actually like lap swimming, head up, so this is a great option.

But I love swimming head down.

/1
Comparison of filtration scores.
I passed a Bittrex fit, went swimming, passed another Bittrex after, with this setup. No flip turns, of course, but head down.

3 rubber bands.

Filti*****

FINIS over head snorkle

/2 filti.com/product/filti-…
a.co/d/byKIVk2

3 rubber bands, filti, snorkle
9.5 inches x  9.5 inches
Bone Conduction Bluetooth earphones (French coffee shop music).

Combine this with your towel and N95 on the side of the pool, plus the ability to shower safely👇, and the serenity of the water is back.

/3amazon.com/dp/B0C2TFRMZG?…
Read 9 tweets
Aug 19
Let's just stick with the facts.

Dr. Mullen can say 10%, because there are studies stating 10%, per John Hopkins.

CIDRAP has 1b at "roughly" 6%.

6%? 10%? The numbers will sort out lower eventually- but even 3.3% is 🔥.

/1 centerforhealthsecurity.org/sites/default/…
cidrap.umn.edu/mpox/mpox-case…

Clade 1b spreading in DRC Some of the cases have been caused by what researchers are calling "clade 1b," a new mpox lineage identified in the DRC last year that is highly transmissible and has a higher CFR than clade 2, which swept across the globe in 2022 among men who have sex with men in a sexual transmission pattern. The CFR for clade 2 is less than 1%, while 1b’s CFR is roughly 6%.  There is evidence in the DRC that clade 1b is spreading both through household transmission and sexual transmission, with clade 1b and clade 2 outbreaks occurring simultaneously.   Currently the D...
His core message is valid. IF it comes here, we WILL be on our own.

Just like with Covid. It is what it is.

The Collateral Damage Theory of Public Health.

And IF it comes here, there is nothing wrong with withdrawing your child from school and home schooling them.
Because the surface and aerosol stability of mpox is truly impressive.

But, in order to keep it out of our schools, it is far better to get massive amounts of vaccines over there.

Every single person should be contacting their representative on that.
Read 6 tweets
Aug 18
On July 9, 2021, a Texas resident came back to the States with monkeypox (it was called that, then).

This is what the CDC wore to clean up his place.

That is what they recommend for us.

A 🧵 on CDC lies, decontamination, and elite panic.

He went into the hospital on July 13th, after having been VIRULENTLY sick from at least July 8th.

On July 27, 2021, DCHHS issued a control order to the residential management/owners contamination of the patient’s residence and the requirement for decontamination.
They lied to the residents. They said it was not airborne. Didn't even mention the name.

And they did it to avoid "undue public concern or panic".

FFS. This is how the CDC loses public trust. This.

They protect themselves, and lie to us.
Read 10 tweets
Aug 18
SOME thread on mpox presymptomatic transmission.

This study is from 2022, so Clade 2b.

The CDC kindly let us know that "SOME" people can spread mpox up to 4 days before symptoms.

They began recommending masks,

cdc.gov/poxvirus/mpox/…

The CDC kindly let us know that  "some" people can spread mpox up to 4 days before symptoms.
right away. The reason of course - they were seeing no symptom, no sex spread. Very inconvenient for the STI narrative which they had spun.

(It does transmit all the ways, sexually, too, of course).

But, for no reason at all - how do
YOU define "some?"
How would you want the CDC to define "SOME" if it was their job to keep you safe from the incredible pain of mpox?

Legit picture of mpox from 2022, thank you @TheFandelier @ChronicBabak.

Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(