Ol’ Precious Rez Dog Profile picture
Oct 20, 2021 9 tweets 8 min read Read on X
Bunch of Rez dogs during our Chief’s homecoming (thread) @siipistookos helped w the pics. ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Ol’ Precious Rez Dog

Ol’ Precious Rez Dog Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DeadDogLake

Jan 10
I have a great great grandmother who was put down as a 1/4 on our current rolls (she was 4/4 on the original rolls that burnt down). Myself and my bro obtained proper documentation that she was, in fact, at least 1/2. This change enrolled me and my bro.
Our enrollment offices did their own research at the direction of our council and verified this research (not to mention oral history, which our constitution supports, verifies this) and they presented to the council that she was either 1/2 or 4/4.
Read 22 tweets
Oct 29, 2023
Saw Killers of the Flower Moon and here are my thoughts I will share in this thread
Scorsese shows the viewers the evils done to the Osage people. The evil doers are motivated by greed and will harm anyone in their way

it’s not just a few bad guys, it’s a town full of blood sucking thieves who judge and murder the oil rich Indians.
Scorsese’s directing makes it so that no one leaves the film wanting to be William King Hale or Ernest Burkhart they way young men wanted to be Jordan Belfort (who is a shit human being). The movie unambiguously shows how evil they were and how disgusting they were.
Read 19 tweets
Jun 29, 2023
White peoples. You need to understand how your great grandparents being given land and opportunities helps you today, just as I understand how my grandparents being robbed from land and opportunity created an obstacle for me
You need to understand that communities exist and some were given so much and some were robbed of nearly everything
Also,
Capitalism/Colonization destroyed communities. It’s severed to most important thing to us- all of us. American individualism convinces people they got everything they have on their own… but that’s a lie. It’s a major misinterpretation of life that has dire consequences
Read 14 tweets
Dec 8, 2022
Y’all, ‘Indigenous’ is not a racial classification. It is a political status. I’m just asking that we stop applying the colonial concept of race on to our nations and embrace that we are a rich culture with deep ties to this land who share a similar plight with each other
Also, I totally understand the complexities and racism built within our enrollment/membership. It’s absolutely disgusting we hold into a colonial measuring stick to determine citizenship.
This isn’t meant to diss on people who were ripped away from their people, either. Reconnection is a part of our modern culture and it’s hard but it’s rewarding. I have empathy…
Read 6 tweets
Nov 30, 2022
any white people out there who know and admit their great great grand daddies were part of massacres and killed Indigenous peoples & babies?

Is there one of you who knows? Any white family out there discussing the intergenerational trauma from the violence of colonization?
I’m not asking to shame you… I’m asking to give you a hug and wish you well and pray that you and your family confronts that trauma and heal before you’re radicalized and storm the state Capitol again
We do a commemoration every Jan. 23rd and remember the Bear River massacre that killed 290 Piikuni people…

Why hasn’t one white person *who is a descendant from one of the soldiers* joined us?
Read 5 tweets
Jul 9, 2022
The world is ending, the last trees burning to a crisp, the last river is nearly dried, and the last nuke is glowing in the horizon… and Keeler thinks to herself, ‘is this the Endian?’
I just want to tease her because her and her crew really suck at puns. They’re anti-black. I think of the native fiction writer who she has attacked, a black native who wrote a *star wars* book and has been harassed by her crew more than Star Wars fans, the most toxic fans
a group of natives has been more toxic than MF Star Wars fans!… that’s embarrassing!

I don’t stoop to their level & deny someone’s Indigeneity because I dislike them, they are Indigenous… but they are embarrassing. Their aunties failed them by not correcting them
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(