Owl of Athena 🇮🇱🍌 Profile picture
Nov 1, 2021 5 tweets 4 min read Read on X
A Locals member sent this to me. I find it instructive. Next time ANYONE gaslights you, whip out this THREAD 1/ ImageImageImageImage
2/ of a few...Read and remember this fundamental rule: when people tell you who they are, believe them. ImageImageImageImage
3/ More NEA propaganda. Look at the imagery, read the stats, and ask yourself WHY? You know the answer, you just don't want to accept it. ImageImageImageImage
4/ check out their list...😳 Image
5/ It would behoove us all to notice they're bragging about their collision. Then #juatwalkway letting these people have access to your children is not exactly what I'd call "patriotic" or responsible parenting. Hate me for saying it, but what else is it? /END Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Owl of Athena 🇮🇱🍌

Owl of Athena 🇮🇱🍌 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @deb_fillman

Jun 27
🤔So the AFT (Randi Wiengarten's Union) has a website called "Share My Lesson," and teachers, parents, anyone really can subscribe to it to download lesson plans. They emailed a friend of mine today about a lesson plan for teaching about the debates between Biden and Trump. Let's take a look...1/Image
2/The lesson plan says it can be used for high school students in "media literacy" civics and social studies.

Wonder what "modernize them for today's voters" might entail? Cage match? The audience screaming at the GOP candidate so they can't be heard? Just spitballing here...

3/Here's the timeline of the two presidencies...What do you notice about the framing/naming of events. Is it just obvious to me, or can you all see the bias here? 👇

Read 8 tweets
Mar 14
🤬I hardly know what to say. Reading what the New York DOE put out yesterday about Israeli history, the conflict and "what students should know," I want to scream.

The government is now officially teaching lies, and aiding and abetting a *officially classified terror org* (Hamas).

What's more, a rabid antisemite and Hamas supporter is now teaching this narrative (amongst other lies, see posts below) 600 public and private TEACHERS per week.
I feel absolutely sick.

If you don't know which are the lies, I'll be happy to explain, but many of you will spot them immediately.
1/Image
2/Paulo Freire would be proud...No sides? Liars! This entire thing clearly takes the side of the Arabs/Muslims. Clear as day!

3/Notice how they assume such students exist? They are suggesting them into being. They want them to exist. They NEED them to exist! Activism IS the goal, but only for one side: "radical liberation," which means NO ISRAEL. It's a lot of words to cover up for wanting cultural genocide, but first, actual genocide.Image
Read 6 tweets
Feb 19
Let me introduce you to WestEd. It's an education research and consulting firm that shows all by itself how there is far too much money in the government monopoly right now if these people all have enough to pay for all of this garbage.

This is the wokest org I've ever seen, and I could spend all day going through this site with you. Here are some highlights. Their "about" and diversity statement. 1/Image
2/ The focus on entity and cramming it into every aspect of school is evident, as is the focus on "transformative" change.

3/Look at their approach to literacy...Can you imagine this working to teach people to read better, never mind at all? Look at the SEL focus, and the way they proudly display their CASEL select status.
@DrTeresaSanders

Read 6 tweets
Nov 27, 2023
It makes me unbearably sad to see people here insist they MUST be dual income rather than have a parent at home with their kids JUST to pay for private school. This is madness. Why did you have kids? To work like dogs and never see them? To hand them over to strangers? 1/
2/Do you realize your kids need an education, not "schooling?" They need and want YOU. They need and want to know the world and all its beauty and wonder, and I'm sorry but very few schools can do that job HALF as well as you can.
3/Sure private schools are springing up left and right, and why now? Y'all are creating a demand. But who do you think will teach in them? Do you think private school teachers are magically different or better than public school teachers?
Read 15 tweets
Nov 21, 2023
🚨IMPORTANT THREAD, especially for parents. If you are genuinely concerned about your child's mental and physical health, you MUST read this and consider what I'm about to say seriously:
Education, as an institution in America, is operating like a cult. Let me explain: 1/
1/"Individuals are often attracted to cults due to promises of belonging, purpose, or a sense of community."
"Community schooling" ring a bell? How about "belonging" or "inclusion?" "Belonging" is what everyone from Cardona, to the NEA, to your Principal prioritizes and PROMISES.
2/"Cults often employ excessive friendliness, attention, and praise early on to make newcomers feel special, loved, and accepted."
Schools now have RULES enforcing obligatory praise, attention, and acceptance, put up flags and host "celebrations" while saying they "love" students
Read 19 tweets
Nov 4, 2023
Let me see if I can follow the "logic..."
They say: "Hamas is a legitimate resistance force, fighting for the Palestinian people!"
We say: "Ok so the Palestinian people on average agree with wanton slaughter of civilians?"
They say: "Of course not! Hamas is a dictatorship! 1/
2/We say: "Ok, so it is likely that Hamas is using them as human shields, cynically putting them in harm's way to use their deaths as PR against Israel?"
They say: "No! Hamas official death tolls are truthful and accurate!"
3/We say: "Ok, so the people who were warned to leave so they would not die chose to stay, or not even flee to the South to TRY to get to Egypt?!
They say: "No! Israel blocked the exits so they can't get out, Hamas told us so!"
Read 17 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(