Sonya Douglas Profile picture
Nov 3, 2021 7 tweets 2 min read Read on X
My sister sent me this and I just have to share. 1/7

At the end, he asks one question: what happened to you to make you not want to be who you are?
2/7
3/7
4/7
5/7
6/7
7/7

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Sonya Douglas

Sonya Douglas Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @SonyaDouglas

Jul 6
#TerfIsland has been the single greatest cross-party, cross-sector, cross-sectional women’s movement in recent years

an entirely organic, 🇬🇧 feminist reaction to the failure of these legacy women’s orgs to recognise sex realism in society

We had no voice

They had no courage
Women from every corner of the country, every industry and institution, every religion and none, every political persuasion

Women of all classes, ages, races, all academic and economic backgrounds, all abilities and disabilities

found each other

by standing on the truth
That’s a coalition

United by the knowledge that our sexed bodies have actual meaning in the world

Not as self-imposed limits on our acts and aspirations

But the *reason why* Afghani women and girls are denied any kind of life independent of male control
Why the @UN agreed to
Read 9 tweets
Jan 27
I found this article illuminating on @DebbieHayton’s journey to self awareness, but this jarring quote signals imo just how much work on himself he has yet to do.

This need for *others to perceive him as a woman* is a boundary-breaching imposition that treats the non-consensual
participation of others in his paraphilia as a harmless, cost-free exercise of his own self-expression

But tricking someone into engaging with you as if you were female

when not only are you male

you’re also sexually aroused by thinking of yourself as a woman

is #RapeCulture
Consent is key

Would Dr Hayton engage in explicit sex acts in public?
Covert ejaculation?
Foreplay or self-arousal?

(I’m uncomfortable being explicit in this manner, but he himself invites us in the article to consider how his sexuality plays out)

I am sure Dr Hayton wouldn’t
Read 8 tweets
Sep 23, 2023
When @LouiseDistras said #TerfIsTheNewPunk I knew exactly what she meant

When the Establishment drapes our streets in trans flags, demanding our pronouns, imposing yet another diversity program that dissolves difference

We Resist

When thugs gather to scream us down, threaten
us with violence, join forces with the same law enforcement that lets them off their crimes

We Resist

When politicians take $$$ from Big Pharma to push social misery
while their own children are identifying out of their sex in despair

We Resist

We sing the songs of Resistance
We sing them to the sound of the chains you wear yourselves

This music is discordant, but necessary

We are Free People with Free Voices

We’re not tied to an ideology that must police our every move

We are Free to Think

Diverse in Opinion

Free to Dress However We Please
Read 4 tweets
Mar 28, 2023
What comes after #ThisIsNotADrill?

Because that’s where we are now.

You’ve seen the footage: Women corralled like livestock while TRAs surround them with noise and violence. The police forming an outer ring - facing outwards to ward off observers. They don’t see any violence
from the men in masks.

How did we get to the point where a police force riddled with misogynist abusers is acting as lookout for a mob of enraged anti-women activists intent on stopping women speaking?

How did we get to the point where one woman is vilified for the political
beliefs of unrelated men (beliefs she’s condemned) to the point where she is put in mortal danger by a celebratory, self righteous(and murderous) mob?

What comes after #ThisIsNotADrill?

What comes after rapists in women’s prisons, men masturbating in women’s toilets, women made
Read 4 tweets
Mar 26, 2023
It’s not just historically white countries that fall prey to the lure of exceptionalism. It’s a very human condition, the feeling that you and your people are special.

I read this thread in the knowledge that New Zealand has the highest rate of domestic violence in the developed
world.
1 in 3 women experience intimate partner harm. 1 in 2 for psychological abuse. 1 in 8 men report being victims of family violence. Physical or sexual abuse affects 58% of Māori women over their lifetime - that’s 1 in 2. Add in other forms of violence and that rises to 80%.
Does that sound like the Promised Land to you?

Does that sound like a people with the secret to peace, love and happiness?

In Wales, we’re also not immune to the self-soothing lie that we can be the exception.

We see it in @WelshGovernment’s #LGBTQActionPlan which purports to
Read 7 tweets
Dec 23, 2022
Consider this: in every country where #SelfID is now law, TRAs conspire with the authorities and tame journalists to obscure the truth of just how harmful it really is.
Everything from overwriting sex with gender when reporting crimes, to failing to record sex in the first place.
The aim has been a certain plausible deniability: records are uncertain, data misinterpreted, no evidence has been presented, etc.
Who can say how helpful or harmful it has been really?
Better to just celebrate our sparkly progressive ‘newtopia.’

But it won’t be like that here.
The more I consider it, the more convinced I am that it was necessary for the #GenderRecognitionReformBill to pass into law in order for us to kill it dead once and for all.

Think about it: this is gender ideology’s flagship policy. Pushed by the @UN around the world with a
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(