Amy Curtis 🇮🇱 Profile picture
Nov 3, 2021 45 tweets 15 min read Read on X
I am going to curate a thread of all the “racists!” reactions to Youngkin winning.

They’ve learned nothing. They’ll double and triple down on this losing argument and hope one day it’ll win. 1/?
Calling people racists, terrorists, and saying they have no say over their children’s education is a tired, losing argument. But it’s all they’ve got.

That and “TRUMP!”

And they lost VA because of it. 2/?
They covered up the rape of two students in Loudoun County and arrested the father of one for demanding answers. And then they tell you to shut up and sit down. 3/?
They staged a blatant, laughable stunt to paint Youngkin voters as racist. Not once, but twice. And it failed. 4/?
And now that they’ve lost; they’re continuing to scream about racism and white supremacy and haven’t even taken a breath to try to figure out another way to argue the issues. Because they don’t have one.

So here we go.

5/?
6/?
7/?
8/?
9/?
10/?
11/?
12/?

Bonus tweet!

“Misinformation”
13/?
14/?
15/? Terry McAuliffe lied about critical race theory, about sending his kids to private school, about the motives of parents concerned about education. But the GOP is the problem. Keep running with this guys. Special RT appearance by Jennifer Rubin.
16/?
17/? This one is particularly egregious, because it 1) Continues the lie/spin the critical race theory isn’t being taught, and 2) that actual history, would not be taught. Which is a lie. CRT doesn’t focus on history, it focuses on telling white kids they are inherently evil.
18/? Please keep dismissing concerned parents as racist, @CheriJacobus. It worked so well last night!
19/?
20/?
21/?

Want to know why these accusations of racism hold no water outside of the left? Well, the next couple of tweets will show you just a taste of all the things that have been labeled racist or white supremacy over the last couple of years.
22/?
23/
24/?
25/?
26/?
27/? The OP isn’t the issue, but the meme he tweets is.
28/?
29/?

Not racist, but still completely missing the point.
30/? We’re women again, when we are blamed for the outcome of an election.
31/? Damn white women.
31a/?

People who hate children and families cannot fathom that women would prioritize the needs of their children over their own self interest.

They cannot comprehend that mothers — who spent a year of virtual learning — do not want their kids being taught they’re evil.
31b/?

The Mama Bear is strong and the left misplayed their hand.

And now they’re doubling down on everything they did wrong.
32/?

Terry McAuliffe ended his campaign calling for more diversity in education. His voters, apparently, do not want diversity in public office. I’ll be kind since it’s a smaller account.
33/? Youngkin winning in Virginia somehow proves the electorate is racist, so the media will casually omit the fact they also elected an African-American lieutenant governor, as well as a Hispanic Attorney General, because they don’t fit the narrative.
33/? Bonus INSURRECTION tweet
31c/ White women voted for Biden just a year ago.
34/? CAPS LOCK! AND NAZIS!
35/?

You’re damn right I’ll protect my sons. Get in my way and it’ll end badly for you.
36/?

No one wants to be friends with this lunatic, do they?
37/?

They’ve lost their damn minds.
38/?

So the left is having a totally normal one over the VA election.

Having learned nothing, they’ve doubled down on the hysterical rhetoric that caused a MASSIVE swing to Youngkin and an extremely close race in New Jersey (!) of all places.
39/?

They are self-loathing racists and bigots and overgrown children who love democracy until they lose at the ballot box.

They are incapable of introspection and learning and growth. They are perpetual toddlers.
40/40

There are countless more examples of just how awful they are. But as fun as this is, I have to say thank you for the tips and DMs and to @TwitchyTeam for my own article.

And on that note I’ll leave you with the absolutely perfect words of @TulsiGabbard :

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Amy Curtis 🇮🇱

Amy Curtis 🇮🇱 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @RantyAmyCurtis

Jan 1, 2023
1/x

Some closing thoughts on 2022:

A few nights a month, work requires I be the on call back up for the night shift RN. All it means, really, is I keep my work phone on and nearby in case night shift needs help. In the 2.5 years I’ve worked there, it’s happened 3-4 times.
2/x

Anyway, I’m always afraid I’ll miss a call, so I don’t sleep well on those nights. Last night was one such evening.

So I’m not going to make it to midnight to ring in the new year.

Heck, I’m not even going to see the ball drop in Times Square.

I need the sleep.
3/x

A big thanks to all of you, who love and support me. Who make me laugh, and make me think, and dogpile the rude jerks who sometimes pop up in my mentions.

You are some of the best people I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing.
Read 6 tweets
Dec 16, 2022
Exactly. Principles are great when both sides act on them in good faith.

The left hasn’t for *decades*, and never will.
In fact, they use our principles against us.

And we just take it.
If you don’t want another Trump, it’s time to start engaging in these issues instead of just shrugging and saying principles.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 27, 2022
This is what a normal rhythm should look like:
Anything else is bad.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 26, 2022
Turning 40 in less than two months is hitting me hard today.
Too old for guys who want their own kids, I have kids so that rules out guys who don’t want kids. Just…stuck. And alike.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 11, 2022
Why would anyone give Rick or The Lincoln Project or any of their cohorts any money? Today: “DeSantis is the leading Never Trump candidate”, but in the past:
Read 9 tweets
Nov 9, 2022
“I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy?
“How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you.
“That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(