6529 Profile picture
Nov 8, 2021 5 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Four additions from Edifice by @bendotk that will join their generative brethren in the 6529 Museum (#52, #432, #605, #767)

#432 is so so interesting.

Been a bit of long day, so tagging in @bonafidehan for the more detailed analysis
OK with now with numbers for everyone's convenience

rarity.guide/project/204/52

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with 6529

6529 Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @punk6529

Jun 19
1/ On How Many Tokens You Have Left

You can notice changes in your visual environment in about 12 to 20 milliseconds (1/1,000th of a second).

It is why monitors that refresh 60x/second are pretty smooth and by 90-120x/second, they are in good shape
2/ Vision feels like a continuous process but there is no such thing. It is discrete, just like everything else.

The rods and cones in your eyes do not respond to changes in light instantly. They respond to changes in light very quickly.

It feels instant but it is not.
3/ The same thing applies for the electrical signals in your brain that transport the information from your eyes.

They move very very quickly but not infinitely quickly.

So if something changes in your field of vision (a light comes on, an intruder enters)...
Read 41 tweets
Jun 7
1/ What will ASIs want?

Do we really believe in ASIs?
Can we really conceive of ASIs?
Will ASIs buy your crypto portfolio?
Are you just a cat?

It is an odd journey.
2/ ASI is short for Artificial Super Intelligence, as opposed to AGI (Artificial General Intelligence).

The idea is that AGIs are as smart as us, and ASIs are a lot smarter than us.

There are a lot of theories about ASI - it will happen, it won't happen, it will kill us all
3/ This thread is about the case where ASIs exist and they don't use nanobots to kill us all.

This is the only case that is interesting.

If ASIs never exist, we don't have to worry about what they do.

If they kill us all, we also won't worry because we will be dead.
Read 25 tweets
May 18
1/ On Being An Agent

You think you are unique, I think I'm unique, but probably we are agents in a biological system, sent out to do a job for the collective.

You can probably guess how people describe me at "work" - forward-thinking, open to new ideas, not afraid of change
2/ This is also how I think about myself.

In both my personal and professional life, I think I live 3 to 15 years "in the future" vs my peers - who themselves are statistically abnormal - highly educated white collar professionals.

OK, so what? This is no surprise.
3/ When I was in college, our career service had us take the Myers-Briggs test.

It is a personality test - like all of these, it is a bit science and a bit astrology.

Anyway, at age 20, I clearly tested "ENTP"

I was a kid - got good grades - but also was drunk every weekend
Read 30 tweets
Apr 22
1/ All Memes are Memes but not All Memes are Memes

So I spoke remotely at @arts_dao over the weekend and I am going to boldly put some of this down in a thread.

We go like this: memes -> the intersubjective -> the internet -> NFTs -> freedom
2/ For the last 30 years, everyone knows what a meme is.

It is on the internet. It is cute or it is dank but it is definitely countercultural.

It is not top-down socially corporate constructed Walt Disney or Hollywood or Goldman Sachs, but bottom up
3/ But sometimes the timeline makes fun of me because it thinks I don't understand the above.

That is OK.

But I do understand some things. And we will talk about them today. Image
Read 43 tweets
Apr 13
1/ What is the Nakamoto Threshold?

This is a bit of Memes inside-baseball but I am tweeting it out so we have it available for reference.

Meme Card #4 is an homage to the first Rare Pepe which had an edition count of 300.

So Meme Card #4 had an edition count of 300.
2/ The Memes were deliberately designed to be relatively low unit price and relatively high edition count.

This is important for the overall mission in a large numbers of ways.

There is no way the mission works with a small number of rich collectors.
3/ Interestingly, because people like eye-catching sales, this is one of the things that leads people to still underestimate The Memes a bit.

The Naka has the highest unit price because it is an awesome card (trades around 6ETH now, ATH > 20ETH) but..
Read 48 tweets
Apr 10
1/ On How / Why To Use A @safe As An Individual.

I saw a question from @HugoFaz in a 6529/Memes chat and I was going to answer there but I think the answer is more generally useful so I will tweet it here

First read the TAP thread

2/ Now that you are back. Let's discuss using a SAFE wallet as your vault / cold wallet in a TAP setup.

@HugoFaz asks (and I paraphrase): "who are the other signers going to be? Other hardware wallets? people I trust? What does this add?"
3/ Let me start with a simple case, appropriate for any individual.

The other signers are you. Let's assume you have Hardware Wallet (HW) 1, 2 and 3.

You set up your SAFE to be 2 out of 3 to sign.

Now, what do you do with these wallets?
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(