Andric Profile picture
Nov 24, 2021 24 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Trying out the wombo dream app, ended up generating some interesting images!
Aurora over snowy hills
Laura Palmer in the black lodge
“Blue moon… you saw me standing alone”
Blue Moon, reprise
Cherry Pie
Laura Palmer
Dale Cooper
Dale Cooper II
David Lynch Eats a Cheesecake
Jony Ive designs a car
Dyson designs a spaceship
Cancer Factory
Jungle Temple I
Jungle Temple II
Robot Cat Stalking Midtown Manhattan, 31st Century
Ancient Robot Helmet
Baby (as a) Robot
Baby Robot
“This is my jam”
The owls… are not what they seem
Black Lodge
Hiro Protagonist in the Metaverse
The AI is surprisingly good at generating aesthetically pleasing (if somewhat impressionistic!) art.

Have a feeling it’s doing a Google image search and then applying some kind of style transform to it afterward.

It works best (unsurprisingly) on anything Twin Peaks.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Andric

Andric Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @astralwave

Jan 20, 2022
NFTs (from a creator perspective) are interesting, because they fill a niche between “fine art” and “popular media”, similar to the niche filled by limited edition action figures, signed movie posters, or inkjet prints (pop art)

mirror.xyz/mattdesl.eth/e…
They let what was known as “commercial artists” or media creators (i.e. illustrators, animators, authors, game designers) acquire patronage through a Fine Art-esque model,

It’s unprecedented in that “commercial art” used to be tied to sale of physical media, not patronage.
NFTs, as a format, solved two key problems:

1. Cratering price of media, as cost of distribution and copying in digital media is 0

2. High costs of fine art auction/gallery/fair model, which are based in meatspace
Read 14 tweets
Dec 13, 2021
The “cryptocurrencies are ponzu sauce” people are hilarious. I wonder if they think national currencies have inherent value, and that stocks trade at their book value.
I wonder if they know that “speculation” isn’t a bad thing, but is how the future gets built.

Without speculative fiction, speculative labor, and speculative investing, no one would be there to dream up the future, build it, and fund it.
Things don’t magically have value.

Someone has to speculatively assign value to it before other people agree that, yes, this is indeed something of value.

Beyond commodities and land (real assets), this has been the case for all other goods, services, and financial assets.
Read 21 tweets
Nov 23, 2021
Classic sign of someone who can’t think straight: you tell them something, and they ask, “is there any evidence for X”, as if science exists to confirm evidence instead of falsify hypotheses.
And then they will say “well since you can’t produce evidence for X, I shall believe in the inverse of X”

They’ve gone one full circle and invented the null hypothesis

Without, of course, the means or the desire to falsify said hypothesis

But with every desire to confirm it
I wonder why people develop such strange heuristics.

The heuristic to believe in the inverse of popular theories that haven’t yet been falsified might have to do with the desire to front-run scientific discoveries… without spending the necessary cognitive labor?
Read 11 tweets
Nov 18, 2021
Cynical optimism is like the barbell strategy here

Cynicism to protect short term downside (negative black swans)

Optimism to capture long term upside (positive black swans)
Works in nascent fields like crypto where going full 🦍 degen might lead to total ruin, but total cynicism will cause you to miss out on gains or sentiment shifts

The key is: Even if you don’t agree with the direction things are developing, you can bet against your beliefs
Be comfortable betting against your beliefs, because it’s almost impossible that society will converge on a Schelling Point that is optimal for you or even optimal for society.
Read 5 tweets
Nov 17, 2021
Say anything critical about the externalities of a certain group’s actions, and you’ll be labeled an X-phobe, where X is said group.

Your reputation will be tarnished as an out-group heretic, as if that matters, since filter bubbles have splintered into ever-so-small pieces.
The irony is that the group doesn’t realize only an out-group member can comment on externalities.

If you “cancel” voices external to your filter bubble (well, filter them out), maybe you can feel psychologically safe 🙉 in thinking your actions are completely moral.
It’s worth noting that the group can be any group. I’ve seen this dynamic play out across various groups.

Name anything that exists in this world, and as long as a subreddit exists for it, you can bet someone’s been cancelled for voicing perfectly sane thoughts.
Read 9 tweets
Nov 16, 2021
DAOs make it possible to coordinate globally, like an Internet-native limited-liability partnership.

But it seems to be incomplete: right now it depends on good faith & trust. What it’s lacking are legal concepts (liability, partnership, fiduciary duties, ownership)
If smart contracts execute on a “runtime”, legal contracts execute on a jurisdiction.

The key here is that the jurisdictions are *separate* from the contracts.

Aragon Courts are a good start.
I hear talk of DAOs replacing VC partnerships, or even firms.

But firms are not just a cap table and a governance structure (i.e. the board & shareholders), they exist in a larger context of a legal jurisdiction.

A fish needs water to swim in, a planet needs an atmosphere.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(