SokoAnalyst Profile picture
Dec 22, 2021 9 tweets 4 min read Read on X
China Fines Influencer $210 Million Over Taxes sokodirectory.com/2021/12/china-…

Seems only in Kenya where Influencers do much for brands yet we are paid peanuts. Taxes worth 210 M USD? How much was she getting paid?

#Thread
China slapped an unprecedented $210 million fine on a top live streamer for tax evasion, stepping up President Xi Jinping’s crackdown on online influencers who have grown wildly popular in recent years.
China slapped an unprecedented $210 million fine on a top live streamer for tax evasion, stepping up President Xi Jinping’s crackdown on online influencers who have grown wildly popular in recent years. Image
Huang Wei — also known as Viya — was ordered to pay 1.34 billion yuan in back taxes, late fees, and fines, the State Taxation Administration said Monday in a statement on its website. Image
She avoided taxes totaling 643 million yuan by concealing personal income and making false declarations in 2019 and 2020, the statement added sokodirectory.com/2021/12/china-… #SokoNews Image
Huang issued an apology just after the punishment was announced, saying on her Twitter-like Weibo account that she felt “deeply guilty.” “I totally accept the decision of the tax regulator and will actively collect funds to pay the fines within the deadline,” she wrote. Image
This story first appeared on Bloomberg.
Viya’s representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Image
The fine is the biggest yet for online salespeople like Viya, who each night compete to convince shoppers to spend millions of dollars on items such as cosmetics, appliances, and clothing. Image
The influencer is one of the biggest stars on Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.’s Taobao marketplace, drawing traffic and driving consumption. I believe anyone associated with @JackMa is being hunted down by the Chinese Government. Interesting days ahead. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with SokoAnalyst

SokoAnalyst Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @SokoAnalyst

Apr 4
I reached out to a friend of mine from childhood. We been good friends. I needed his help to sort an emergency financial matter. He picked up. He asked me if we can meet & I said yes, in fact I was hoping for the same. Let me tell you Maina, do not do BIZ with GOK

Thread 🧵
We met and my friend wasn’t himself. I thought I was in trouble but it turned out he was in more serious trouble. My friend is regarded as a serious millionaire. He is in logistics, farming and real estate. He has three wives & they know each other. So I asked my boy, whats up?
We order coffee ☕️ & I see my friend removing some bottle from his jacket pocket & pouring some hard liquor into the coffee cup. Am like; Image
Read 20 tweets
Jul 27, 2023
A story in pictures alone:

Thread 🧵 🪡

Read 5 tweets
Jun 14, 2023
We Shall Be Here No Matter What: Pass The Finance Bill, We Are Ready sokodirectory.com/2023/06/we-sha…

#Thread
With all things remaining constant, the controversial Finance Bill 2023 will sail through the National Assembly. During the First Reading, the opposition threw punches, water bottles, and screamed, but it seems it will still sail through wapende wasipende. twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
As the Bill continues to near its passing (which is now obvious), President William Ruto seems to have climbed down like Zakayo from a tree and agreed to move the controversial Housing Fund from the initial 3 percent to 1.5 percent; sokodirectory.com/2023/06/we-sha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 4 tweets
Jun 13, 2023
I have always taken pride in sharing information on Financial Literacy and supporting key players in the sector: This is why we signed a Partnership Memorandum with @TheAbojani to be the platform for the best and good quality Financial Literacy Education.

Thread 🧵 🪡

Here is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Financial literacy training lays the foundation for understanding fundamental financial concepts such as budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management. It equips individuals with the necessary knowledge and tools to make sound financial decisions throughout their lives:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
The Power of Financial Literacy And Visionary Leadership: 42 Laws Of Money And Insights From Business Titans On Creating Generational Wealth: sokodirectory.com/2023/04/the-po…
Read 6 tweets
Jun 13, 2023
Entrepreneurship Is Not For The Weak At Heart sokodirectory.com/2022/03/entrep…

Thread 🧵 🪡

You will apply to 100 clients and 90 will outright reject you. The other 10 will give you promises to engage you and then never pick up your calls or reply to your emails.
Entrepreneurship IS NOT for the weak at heart. It will have you falling more than how our politicians have failed us. And it will depend on how many times you manage to rise after every fall.

You will sacrifice everything trying to build something that your family will hate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Tears will be your best friend. Sweat will be your companion. Blood will be your partner. Guts will be that neighbor that cheers for you always. Bad days will be more common than good days. In a week, only a day will give you hope that will propel you forward.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 13, 2023
Dear Entrepreneur, Here Is How Indecision Can Ruin Your Life And Opportunities sokodirectory.com/2023/05/dear-e…

Thread 🧵🪡
Indecision is the state of being unable to make up one’s mind or choose a course of action. It is often caused by fear, doubt, confusion, or lack of information.
One of the most famous quotes about indecision is attributed to Marcus Tullius Cicero, a Roman philosopher, and statesman: “More is lost by indecision than wrong decision. Indecision is the thief of opportunity. It will steal you blind.” This quote implies that indecision is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(