Daniel Tenner Profile picture
Jan 8, 2022 14 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Market health stats time!

Let's start with the end: things are *not* looking good momentum-wise.

The early indicators did work, I think. Volumes are generally down. As volumes go down, the market turns more red. Did you pull out of your more risky bets? Image
Yesterday there was uncertainty as to whether to keep including Pudgies in the ranking given their "artificial" volume. The Pudgy saga continues, but even including them, the original "top ten" volume is down. Here's with and without Pudgies: ImageImage
It looks better if you include Pudgies of course, because they still have some volume going through, which makes sense since they just (insanely imho) got bought for 750 eth: Image
Let's stick with the top 9 for now. Pudgies is on probation and probably will be dropped in favour of another project. Zooming into the report, what do we see? To me that looks like a volume that's not rebounding. So the momentum alarm bell is definitely ringing. Image
What if we swap in another project instead of Pudgies? A good up-and-coming project worth maybe considering is Doodles. They seem well on their way to becoming a bluechip. And they were pumping at the same time as the Pudgies.
Ironically, if we include Doodles, then we see a third recent spike appear on the graph... and then an even more disastrous collapse. Here's with and without Doodles... ImageImage
This makes sense if we remember that Doodles is still more in the "second tier" category, so they will pump later than the market leaders like MAYC. If we use projects like this as part of the market health, we get delayed signals. So I'll keep them out for now.
It's always good to have more than one data source, and I like to check @Zeneca_33's daily floor stats update. He hasn't posted one for yesterday, but the spreadsheet is up to date and... it does show a lot more red than before. docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…
If we look at the broader picture, we are still above the deep bear market levels we were at back in Q4 2021, so things are not _that_ bad, but I would definitely not call the last few days a bull run at all, and the momentum graphs gave us a good early signal of this. Image
The final graph to look at is the 6-hour volume stacked bars for the top 9. This gives us a very sensitive, immediate picture of where things are at at right now (well, an hour ago). This is the graph of the raw data that creates the moving averages you see in the other graphs: Image
This tells us that yeah, there was a little bounce for 12 hours or so but we're still trending downwards.

As a reminder, the question these graphs are meant to answer is: Is the bull market still on or should I be cautious?

TL;DR: be cautious. Image
As a reminder, here's the thread describing how these graphs are calculated.
I will be posting daily updates to these on my twitter, and more frequent updates on some select few Discords like @Llamaverse_ . So follow me to get these daily, and find me on Discord if you want these in your group.

gm & gl
PS: I am also starting work on another index graph that would look at how the average prices are swinging across all those projects. I suspect that will be a lagging rather than leading indicator, but it's still useful to have.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Daniel Tenner

Daniel Tenner Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @swombat

Mar 29, 2023
I've been very bearish on "metaverse" in general as a concept.

But there is one factor that could change it, and give all those metaverse startups a chance.

If all UIs disappear in favour of just having conversations with AIs, then it *MIGHT* make sense... Maybe.

A brief 🧵. Image
See, one of my counter-arguments against Metaverse has been that people's activities happen in a competitive context. So being more efficient, faster, processing more information at once, anything that gives you an edge, is valuable.

Right now that's a mouse and keyboard. Image
But as AI has improved, I've also realised that most of those user interfaces - almots all UX, UI, etc - is all just a big kludge, a dirty hack while waiting for the ultimate user interface, which will replace everything that came before.

The ultimate UX. Image
Read 7 tweets
Mar 19, 2023
For over a decade now, pitch decks have been a critical part of how startups pitch investors.

But how can you make a pitch deck that guarantees you will get the funding you want?

Most people make mistakes when creating their first pitch deck.

Here's how to do better.

🧵 Image
The first thing to realise is that there is no way a pitch deck, no matter how good, can guarantee you funding.

That is not the purpose of the pitch deck, and if you try to make it do that, you're DOING IT WRONG!
A pitch deck is one thing and one thing only: a sales document.

Like most sales document, it has a singular, straightforward purpose: to get you the next meeting.

No intelligent investor will ever invest based solely on a great pitch deck. But they might schedule a chat. Image
Read 31 tweets
Mar 18, 2023
What you NEED to know about STRATEGY to help your startup: an ESSENTIAL startup strategy primer.

🧵
"Strategy" sounds like something that larger companies do. Actually, most large companies have awful "strategies". Most employees and even C-level execs don't understand it beyond it being a slide in the company's presentation deck next to the SWOT analysis.
Startups can't afford this. Goliath can get away with just bashing at things until they die. David needs a clever strategy to have a chance of making it out in one piece.

Startups are all David, not Goliath. They need EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD strategy. Image
Read 28 tweets
Aug 29, 2022
Most NFT projects are about making money.

Often, even those that claim to be about charity are really just leveraging the get-rich-quick meta of the last 2y.

I'm helping launch a project that's different. About making a difference. And getting something valuable from it!

👇
A good friend approached me recently during a road trip to Spain. He shared that the Amazonian jungle where he did his Ayahuasca journey, in Peru, was about to be bought up by construction companies and turned to sand pits.

They needed $180k to buy the land first.
Now, this place is a retreat centre in a village in the middle of the Amazonian jungle, pristine, beautiful. My wife also did her Ayahuasca journey there.

This place is led by a Shaman, Heberto, who has done this work all his life, with 30y of experience.
Read 27 tweets
Aug 22, 2022
Let's take down another sacred monster in the NFT space.

Community.

It's the best of things, and it's the worst of things.

Mostly, the word is waved around as a trap for fools. Sometimes those waving it genuinely believe it means something. Often they are wrong.

👇
There's a whole raft of misunderstandings attached to this word, so let's take them down one by one, because trying to fight them all at once will get nowhere fast.

First let's address the literally biggest misconception about community in web3: the idea of "the web3 community". Image
It's a common human habit to try to simplify large and complicated things into more manageable concepts. That's fine so long as we don't forget about the simplification, but often in web3 that simplification is either deliberately or carelessly ignored.
Read 45 tweets
Jul 16, 2022
What are NFTs?

The right metaphor is worth a million words.

Explaining NFTs to people is hard. Most people, even those in the NFT space, barely begin to grasp the power of this technology.

Here's how I do it.

👇
When people like @punk6529 say that you are “insufficiently bullish” about NFTs, some may think this is an exaggeration, but if you really understand what NFTs are, imho, it becomes clear that it’s not. At all.
One of the best tools to explain new concepts is using analogies and metaphors. We understand new things by comparing them to old things.

The right metaphor is worth a million confusing technobabble words.
Read 26 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(