Jan 6th 2021, as the attack on the Capitol was ongoing, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy gave a nearly 12 minute long interview to CBS.

He gives details about his talks with Trump and said he spoke with other people from the White House as well to try and stop the attack.
The interview in its entirety can be watched here:

facebook.com/Jan6thEvidence…

If the Twitter video player does not work, click the video to Facebook to watch on there.
"This has to stop and this has to stop now!" Kevin McCarthy says.

He has spoken to the President and asked him to talk to the nation and tell them to stop this.
The CBS host says: "You said you spoke with the president. What did the president say he would do?"

Kevin McCarthy: "I know he had put a tweet out there.. I told him he needs to talk to the nation."

He makes no mention Trump would do anything.

McCarthy gets emotional.
Filled with emotion, McCarthy says: "Everybody in this nation has go to take a deep breath and understand we are all American.

We can disagree but WE DO NOT DO THIS! This is NOT who we are!"
"Who do you think bears responsibility for this for inciting this mob?" The SBC host asks.

McCarthy: "[..] Anyone who has encouraged this. [..]

This is not where we go. This is not the best of who we are. I'm appalled by [..]"
"And you think that it was just organic; that this protest just happend on its own?" The SBC host asks.

Kevin McCarthy: "No.. no..."
"The president invited 10s of thousands of people to quote unquote stop the steal [..] I just wonder if someone is gonna call a spade a spade." The SBC host says.

Kevin McCarthy: "I was very clear with the president when I called him. This has to stop."
"I just wonder are there are members of the leadership headed to the White House to try and move this process forward? We are that point leader McCarthy" the SBC host says.

Kevin McCarthy: "I'm meeting with the other leaders; I'm talking to the president."
"The president of the USA has a briefing room steps from the Oval Office. The cameras are hot 24/7 as you know. Why hasn't he walked down & said that? Now?" the host says.

McCarthy: "I conveyed to the president what I think is best to do & I'm hopeful the president will do it."
🔥🔥 "And have you spoken with his chief of staff?" the CBS host asks.

Kevin McCarthy: "I've spoken to the president, I've spoken to other people in there and to the White House as well."

@hugolowell @jennycohn1 @visionsurreal @jimstewartson
Of course we knew he spoke to the president. In these clips Kevin McCarthy gives more detailed information about what he said to the president.

More importantly, he also called with others in the White House. Multiple people.

🔥 Who exactly did he speak with?
If you found this thread to be informative about Kevin McCarthy's real time actions and thoughts on January 6th 2021, please consider a retweet and/or a follow. Thanks for your support.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with The Pee Tape | Jan 6 & docs case journalist

The Pee Tape | Jan 6 & docs case journalist Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @the_peetape

Oct 5
🧵Thread (1) As I said before, Jack Smith omits most conduct of state legislators and members of Congress in his recent 165 page filing in his case against Donald Trump.

We only see them mentioned in passing on page 64. Image
🧵Thread (2) On January 2, 2021, Donald Trump (the defendant) informed Mike Pence that "he had spent the day speaking to a secretary of state, state legislators and members of Congress."

You're thinking: WTF was that about?

I'm saying, I told my followers the details years ago. Image
🧵Thread (3) Indeed, On January 2, 2021, Trump spoke with hundreds of state legislators and GOP members of Congress on Zoom.

These calls included unindicted co-conspirators. And the intention was to pressure Pence and get these people to go along with the plan for the coup.
Read 34 tweets
Sep 11
We're not gonna let the guy who stole boxes and boxes of classified documents occupy the White House again. Donald Trump is a traitor to this nation.

Also note the secret service agent in this clip is the same agent we saw next to Trump at the assassination attempt.
Me and @sandibachom have the movement of boxes on video. Secret Service was always around.
This is what the people who recorded the plane video told us at the time.
Read 11 tweets
Aug 30
🧵 We deserve a DOJ that investigates Republicans when they commit crimes.

And we shouldn't have to form Congressional Committees, write formal letters, and yell on Twitter for them to make that happen. Image
We shouldn't have to read long stories, long after the fact, where it becomes clear some people get protection they don't deserve.

washingtonpost.com/investigations…
No, @ProjectLincoln shouldn't have to write formal letters begging them to open an investigation.
Read 9 tweets
Nov 14, 2023
📢 In her proffer, Jenna Ellis said at a White House Christmas Party, Dan Scavino told her Trump would stay in power no matter what.

I may have done more research on all of these White House Christmas parties/tours than even all my Mar-a-Lago threads combined.

🧵 Thread. Image
I never got to writing a thread about this before.

But the White House was overrun by insurrectionists and other Trump loyalists. A famous example is Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio with Latinos for Trump and MAGA Drag the Insterstate.
Of course Danny Hamilton also got an invite.
Read 39 tweets
Sep 19, 2023
🧵 I've researched both the January 6 case as well as the documents case in much detail.

Some of that research made it into the @January6thCmte report.

Some of it was published by major media.

Here are 25 threads I wrote that you should read and share. Image
@January6thCmte January 2nd, 2021, Trump called Brad Raffensperger.

Right after, he pressured nearly 300 state legislators to decertify the 2020 election.

Then he conspired with the House Freedom Caucus to urge people to march to the Capitol on January 6.

🧵 Thread:
@January6thCmte Within that thread, there was a new thread.

It was a witness account of the January 2nd call that was recorded two days later.

Since people's memories fade over time, this was an essential record.

🧵 Thread:

Read 28 tweets
Aug 22, 2023
Here we go again. Image
I do not believe federal investigators are reading Jan 6 journalists body of work.

No one can ever accuse me of not attempting to do the right thing.
I looked at my inbox today and have seen nothing yet. That's alright I guess.

But in the meantime we learned that Oath Keeper leader Stewart Rhodes was in close contact with the Secret Service.

So how are we supposed to trust these MAGA-aligned government agencies?
Read 15 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(