Daniel Tenner Profile picture
Jan 10, 2022 11 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Daily Market Health Stats update time...

I don't think the euphoria will last for weeks. Imho we're close to the end now.

There's been a slight bounce in the top-nine activity led by Creature World, but that has subsided now.
We are still at relatively higher volumes of activity than during the deep bear last quarter, so things are not too bad, at least not yet.

Of course, usual disclaimer that these charts don't predict the future. Something could happen in 1 minute to change the picture.
You can read more about how these charts are calculated here:

I post updates to this every day (as well as other more reflective threads), so please follow if you want to get them, and if you find them useful I'd appreciate some RTs.
Looking at the 6h stacked bar chart, we can see the more detailed, more immediate picture. It's looking ok but not super exciting. The attention has mostly moved away from the top nine.
Here's the 90 day and 45 day views of the top nine, so you can see the trends more easily for yourself. Based on these graphs, it seems like we're definitely not in a bear, but also not really in a bull. Somewhere in between.
My guess as to why, is that some of the profits from the euphoric bull-market-end get cycled back into bluechips. We'll see if that theory is true. If bluechips trend down more sharply once the euphoria is over, that would support this thesis.
For today I thought it might be worth spicing things up by also looking at some other datasets than just the top 9. The 2 other datasets I look at are what I called the Zeneca "old" and "new" sets, both taken from @Zeneca_33's daily floor stats docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d…
The Zeneca Old dataset, which reflects the performance of projects that were mostly started in August and early September, is... not looking particularly hopeful. It seems to have followed the bluechips in trending down recently.
The Zeneca New data set includes newer projects but not the latest alien poodles that are pumping randomly as influencers shill them. It also looks fairly meh, with a correction happening.
This feels like conclusive evidence, to me, that what's pumping is mostly very recent garbage projects. There is the odd exception that is doing reasonably well in these data sets, but on the whole they're not seeing much increased activity.
So, the TL;DR:

- We're not in a deep bear
- We're also not in a mega bull
- We're probably somewhere in between, at the end of a bull run

My experience is that bull runs are usually followed by corrections. I could be wrong about this. Draw your own conclusions.

gm&gl

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Daniel Tenner

Daniel Tenner Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @swombat

Mar 29, 2023
I've been very bearish on "metaverse" in general as a concept.

But there is one factor that could change it, and give all those metaverse startups a chance.

If all UIs disappear in favour of just having conversations with AIs, then it *MIGHT* make sense... Maybe.

A brief 🧵. Image
See, one of my counter-arguments against Metaverse has been that people's activities happen in a competitive context. So being more efficient, faster, processing more information at once, anything that gives you an edge, is valuable.

Right now that's a mouse and keyboard. Image
But as AI has improved, I've also realised that most of those user interfaces - almots all UX, UI, etc - is all just a big kludge, a dirty hack while waiting for the ultimate user interface, which will replace everything that came before.

The ultimate UX. Image
Read 7 tweets
Mar 19, 2023
For over a decade now, pitch decks have been a critical part of how startups pitch investors.

But how can you make a pitch deck that guarantees you will get the funding you want?

Most people make mistakes when creating their first pitch deck.

Here's how to do better.

🧵 Image
The first thing to realise is that there is no way a pitch deck, no matter how good, can guarantee you funding.

That is not the purpose of the pitch deck, and if you try to make it do that, you're DOING IT WRONG!
A pitch deck is one thing and one thing only: a sales document.

Like most sales document, it has a singular, straightforward purpose: to get you the next meeting.

No intelligent investor will ever invest based solely on a great pitch deck. But they might schedule a chat. Image
Read 31 tweets
Mar 18, 2023
What you NEED to know about STRATEGY to help your startup: an ESSENTIAL startup strategy primer.

🧵
"Strategy" sounds like something that larger companies do. Actually, most large companies have awful "strategies". Most employees and even C-level execs don't understand it beyond it being a slide in the company's presentation deck next to the SWOT analysis.
Startups can't afford this. Goliath can get away with just bashing at things until they die. David needs a clever strategy to have a chance of making it out in one piece.

Startups are all David, not Goliath. They need EXCEPTIONALLY GOOD strategy. Image
Read 28 tweets
Aug 29, 2022
Most NFT projects are about making money.

Often, even those that claim to be about charity are really just leveraging the get-rich-quick meta of the last 2y.

I'm helping launch a project that's different. About making a difference. And getting something valuable from it!

👇
A good friend approached me recently during a road trip to Spain. He shared that the Amazonian jungle where he did his Ayahuasca journey, in Peru, was about to be bought up by construction companies and turned to sand pits.

They needed $180k to buy the land first.
Now, this place is a retreat centre in a village in the middle of the Amazonian jungle, pristine, beautiful. My wife also did her Ayahuasca journey there.

This place is led by a Shaman, Heberto, who has done this work all his life, with 30y of experience.
Read 27 tweets
Aug 22, 2022
Let's take down another sacred monster in the NFT space.

Community.

It's the best of things, and it's the worst of things.

Mostly, the word is waved around as a trap for fools. Sometimes those waving it genuinely believe it means something. Often they are wrong.

👇
There's a whole raft of misunderstandings attached to this word, so let's take them down one by one, because trying to fight them all at once will get nowhere fast.

First let's address the literally biggest misconception about community in web3: the idea of "the web3 community". Image
It's a common human habit to try to simplify large and complicated things into more manageable concepts. That's fine so long as we don't forget about the simplification, but often in web3 that simplification is either deliberately or carelessly ignored.
Read 45 tweets
Jul 16, 2022
What are NFTs?

The right metaphor is worth a million words.

Explaining NFTs to people is hard. Most people, even those in the NFT space, barely begin to grasp the power of this technology.

Here's how I do it.

👇
When people like @punk6529 say that you are “insufficiently bullish” about NFTs, some may think this is an exaggeration, but if you really understand what NFTs are, imho, it becomes clear that it’s not. At all.
One of the best tools to explain new concepts is using analogies and metaphors. We understand new things by comparing them to old things.

The right metaphor is worth a million confusing technobabble words.
Read 26 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(