Àgbà Akin Profile picture
Jan 12, 2022 17 tweets 8 min read Read on X
Congratulations you are seeing the tweet. Your journey to learning web development has been somewhat amazing. Get in less round off CSS

Course Title: HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT
Topic: CSS

I'll teach you programming today like its ABC, Kindly retweet for others, and let's begin
First, I will commend your resilience for staying true to yourself since we started this journey together last Monday.

We completed HTML, and today we will complete CSS too.

If you are finding this for the first time, follow me and join us using my pinned tweet from Scratch
CSS BOX MODEL

Your browser renders every HTML element as a rectangular box according to the standard CSS box model.
Each HTML element on your web page consists of a content area, padding, a border, and a margin.

The primary thing to understand in CSS is how to Manipulate them.
Relative Vs Absolute Measurements

Oftentimes, you will want to specify the length of the content area, padding, margins, etc.

But how do we specify these lengths? The most common units used are percentages, %, and the number of pixels, px.

Exp 1
More details about using * in our CSS and every other thing you need to know about this class can be found in the Link.

You're expected to return to this Tweet when you are done reviewing the thread to visit the Link for an easy copy of the codes.

akinolaakeem.com/best-introduct…
Manipulating the BOX MODEL

1. height and width
Use the height and width CSS properties to change the height and width of an element’s content area.

2. padding
Use the padding property to create spacing between an element’s content area and border. Example
3 CSS BORDER

As its name implies, the border CSS property sets the border of an element. The width can be given in absolute or relative units. The style can include things like dotted, groove, double, and solid. A full list of border styles can be found developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web…
CSS BORDER RADIUS

If you want to create borders that have rounded corners, use the border-radius property. You can also create elliptical corners by providing two values to border-radius, separated by a slash (/).
CSS MARGIN

The margin property is very similar to the padding property, except it allows you to define the spacing around the outside of an HTML element past the border.

Like padding, it allows you to define single or multiple values.
CSS COLORS

RGB values refer to using red, green, and blue parameters to define a color.

You can specify a color by indicating the intensity of each color attribute from a range of 0 to 255.
Hex values (CSS COLORS)

The most common numbering system uses a base of ten.

with one digit, ten possible values can be represented (0–9)
with two digits, one hundred (ten times ten) possible values can be defined (0–99)
To help you generate Color Code easier, I created a simple JavaScript script which you will find from the link above.

When you drag the line in the picture, the color changes, and the color code is generated
LASTLY ( CSS FONT STYLE )

You can change the font of your text using the font-family property.
TEXT ALIGN
Use the text-align property to change the alignment of text within an element.

center: center the text
left: align the text to the left
right: align the text to the right
justify: the text will spread out to fill out the full width of its container
CSS TEXT SIZING

The size of your text can be changed using the font-size property. The font-size takes both absolute and relative values. The most common absolute value is px, and the most common relative values are ems and rems
Congratulations, we've come to the end of CSS.
Note: CSS is a broad language and mostly, what you need to understand is the concept.

It is used for design, and new design concepts pop up every day. Being good in CSS is determined by how well you can manipulate this concept.
Big shout out to my team at @SwiftspeedT for resources review. Thank me by giving them a follow

Class exercise. Study the class, understand the concepts, copy the code to your IDE, Manipulate it a bit and quote the main tweet with a screenshot of your result.

See you next week.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Àgbà Akin

Àgbà Akin Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Kynsofficial

Jan 3
Congratulations, you are seeing this Tweet; here is a life-changing opportunity to transition into tech this year; we will be starting our coding journey today.

Course: HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT

I'll explain like you are 5 years old; please retweet for others, and let's begin!!
Welcome to your first class on HTML. To avoid missing subsequent classes, kindly follow me.

I have Tweeted many threads on the ocean of opportunities flowing in tech at the moment and how you can tap into it, they are all published on aptLearn, and you might wanna check later.
Before we begin, let's discuss what you will need to go on this journey.

-Tutorial will take place every Monday & Wednesday here on Twitter
-You need a PC or Mobile phone in good condition, preferably a PC
-Internet access
-An IDE App

Then determination and InshAllah😉
Read 28 tweets
Jan 3, 2023
Congratulations, you are seeing this Tweet; here is a life-changing opportunity to transition into tech this year; we will be starting our coding journey.
Course: HTML, CSS & JAVASCRIPT

I'll explain like you are 5 years old; please retweet for others, and let's begin!!
Welcome to your first class on HTML. To avoid missing subsequent classes, kindly follow me and turn on the post notification.

I have Tweeted many threads on the ocean of opportunities flowing in tech at the moment; we are taking a big step Today.
Before we begin, let's discuss what you will be needing to go on this journey. -

🚀 Tutorial will take place every Monday & Wednesday using the Twitter thread
🚀 You need a PC or mobile phone in good condition
🚀 Internet access
🚀 An IDE
Then determination and InshAllah.
Read 19 tweets
Jan 2, 2023
10am tomorrow I am starting a new year revolution that will most likely change many life forever and make you a millionaire.

I’ll be teaching:

> (html, CSS & JavaScript)
> app development using (Flutter)
> connect best students to (recruiter)

Pls retweet for others and
here’s how this will go. Follow me to avoid missing these updates

We have a well define course to follow and track our progress, this will also help me assess you as students with lesson quizzes. However full explanation will be done with twitter thread with video where possible
Students who want to be recognized and carried along must enrolled in the course which is currently live on aptLearn and will be shared tomorrow.

Classes will be held 10am every Monday and Wednesday and occasional space will be held for assessment. Student who enrol
Read 5 tweets
Jan 2, 2023
Congratulations you’re seeing this tweet, it’s the scholarship exam day of incoming world class software engineers.

Please ensure you read instructions before you start your exam, you’ll receive your result immediately you’re done😉.

Retweet for others and fetch link below👇🏽
Please find full instructions below.

Take your time to read and when you’re done reading start your exam here:

aptlearn.io/courses/web-de…
Please ehn, don’t try to game the time. Once your 25minutes elapsed the system will automatically submit for you and wrong whatever is left unanswered before your time was up.

Don’t refresh when it’s die minutes thinking your progress will be saved. Haha.
Read 4 tweets
Dec 23, 2022
Are you interested in learning these skills?

•UI/UX Design
•Project Management
•Data Analysis
•Cyber Security
•Technical Writing
•Product Management
•Digital Marketing
•Web Development

For free?

Retweet this and follow me! Indicate and I’ll reply with a free course.
I wish I can reply almost 900 comments 😂😭. Unfortunately I can’t so let me do a thread of those courses

For programming and web development

aptlearn.io/courses/learn-…
Acquire certification as a product manager

aptlearn.io/courses/produc…
Read 10 tweets
May 7, 2022
Congratulations you’re seeing this tweet, it’s been a while, and I get asked a lot about making money in tech. I’ve, or I’m still learning to code; how do I monetize my craft?

Money is a good motivation, and here’s how to fund your passion in tech, retweet for others, & let’s go
I’ve been teaching your how to fish for months now, but this is a special thread where I intend to replace the previous bait with an attractive one.

When you catch the biggest fish, you can dine and wine with em tech bros 😉, follow me if you’re not doing so already and let’s
Begin. People are usually interested in tech for a bit when there’s publicity about fund raising, they want to learn this and that, do it for a whole week and crawl back to their hole! Rinse and repeat

This is mostly attributed to lack of motivation, when you make lots
Read 21 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(